cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15 plan? Where did it go?

iwillcalluback
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Where did the $15 plan go? Why is Public Mobile not offering it? The lowest plan is now $19?

8 REPLIES 8

@Dunkman wrote:

@iwillcalluback 

The $15 plan was discontinued a while ago.  The exact reason is unknown.  However, likely due to higher profit margins,  etc.  

Also, the $19 plan is only available to new customers.  Most existing customers do not have the option for the $19 plan, 

Higher profit margins?  Really?  Would you work for less and less each year?  I don't think any company has the same cost structure today as compared to 2020.  This is the first time in the 21st century that everyone have had to deal with high inflation.  The $2 big mac deal isn't coming back ever again.    

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Ya I see $19 1GB and $23 6GB on the app. 

Being that it was $25 1GB and it was $15 256mb at one point, I think $19 1GB meets right in the middle.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

true @Rastin the market drops  the high ends plans price but moving the low ends to $20

And while some people want only bargain voice only plan, but paying $19 for 1GB or $23 for 6Gb is definitely better value 

Those who need voice only can go with the Telus annual plan, cheaper than $15 anyway 

hi @EB0 on that, I do think you will see that any time soon.  I would say you won't see it for at least 3 years..or even 5

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hTideGnow @iwillcalluback 

Correct, $15 is a history like $10

Don’t be surprised if $15 follows  a similar old $15 path, PM increases $15 to $17 or $18 in the future 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

sorry @iwillcalluback like the old $10 plan, the $15 is history now

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@iwillcalluback 

The $15 plan was discontinued a while ago.  The exact reason is unknown.  However, likely due to higher profit margins,  etc.  

Also, the $19 plan is only available to new customers.  Most existing customers do not have the option for the $19 plan, 

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@iwillcalluback 

There is no more $15 plan for existing or new customers 

$19 plan is the lowest plan and available only to new customers and existing customers on $15 and $13 plans

Need Help? Let's chat.