cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

15 GB for $40

TunaLisa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is the 15 GB for $40 still available? I just recently switched from Public Mobile to Videotron last week and now i heard about the $40 plan for 15 GB. Is that still valid for returning customers? I cannot see it online.

11 REPLIES 11

TunaLisa

Wow! I did not know about the x3 points. I thought it was only the 5% but thanks for the very thorough explanation!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@TunaLisa 

As far as points are concerned the two "no effort" points categories are "anniversary"=10pts/year and "get back"=5% of purchases ($40=2pts) at the advertised rate of 3×pts=6pts. Note: the 3×points in the offer in our self serve accounts does not have a 12 month expiry. Referrals and "give back" (community) points are the same value as $$ rewards.

As an example the points you would earn for your first year on the $40/15gb plan:

Welcome points: 5pts+6pts($40 plan@3×pts)=11pts+66pts(11months×6pts)=77pts+10pts (anniversary points)=87pts/$87. $40×12months=$480 - $87=$393÷12=$32.75 averaged per month for the 15gb plan when redeeming points for $15 bill credits (no points are earned on the bill credit portion so points earned would be 2.25pts less per $15 bill credit redeemed.)

For customers on the old $$ rewards program the maximum discount after 5 years with public mobile=$7 ($2/autopay+$5/loyalty). If the 3×points offer is honoured as advertised this gives points program customers an advantage over $$ rewards customers who have not been with pm for a full 5 years. Along with discounted add on redemptions this makes the points program a competitive loyalty program to the $$ rewards program.

@TunaLisa from what we know,  there is no expiry to the price,  once you are in, you are. Of course,  they can simply increase the price with 30 days notice  just like any other provider 

Keep in mind  when you are back, you will be on new rewards system earning 5% Points back, and loyalty rewards is no longer here.  For $40 plan, 5% is same as the old $2 autopay discount  But you only get 10 points (=$10) on all Anniversary now, no longer loyalty discount per cycle

TunaLisa

Yeah it's $45 for 15 GB. They also offer a yearly 10 GB bonus. But it's not really something I need so I wouldn't stay with them just for that. This $40 plan with PM is not based on credits that would expire eventually right? The plan stays at $40 until I request to change it? I'll be calling Videotron today to see if they can match PM offer otherwise I'll switch. Also would you mind elaborating more on the points back part? I don't remember getting that much back in points when i was on my $15 plan with PM.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@TunaLisa 

So Videotron is $45/15gb of 4G LTE data? Compared to $40/15gb with pm? Any other incentives being offered by videotron? Technically with points (3×) pm's plan is $34/15gb (6pts=$6).

TunaLisa

I am but now public mobile is 5$ cheaper than what I am paying with Videotron so I'm thinking to switch back.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@TunaLisa 

I was hoping you might have waited to port out. So you would have to start all over again with a new Sim card and email. Are you not happy with Videotron?

TunaLisa

Yes just last week 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@TunaLisa 

Did you port out your phone number to Videotron?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@TunaLisa   It's a limited time offer and we don't know for how long, but yes currently it's available for new and existing customers.  So you'll need to purchase a new SIM quickly, try a local Koodo/Telus store but phone ahead to see if the stock PM SIMs or order via Amazon.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Ah ha! 🙂 It's only available at activation or changing to it as an existing customer.

Need Help? Let's chat.