cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10+ Spam Calls a Day

katiefleming
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am losing my mind...starting yesterday I have been getting at least 10+ calls a day. I answer, no one is on the other end, they just hang up. I'm in Montreal, and they're all calls from Ontario, or 226 area code, 646, 250, 343, 306. It's just non-stop.

I'm blocking each one now as they come in, but what the heck is happening??? As soon as the phone rings I reject the call, and if there's no voicemail I block it (in case it IS a legit call)

I'm already on the do not call spam list but wondering how the heck this happened. I saw someone else posting about Saskatchewan but I have been hit harder! All the provinces are getting me. What can I do? 😞

33 REPLIES 33

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@katiefleming   Unfortunately, not much more you can do other than to first not answer any unknown numbers and then to keep blocking them as already suggested and hopefully, eventually they'll decrease in frequency.   

Also even if you opt to change your number, it doesn't guarantee that sometime in the future the new number will not start receiving the spam calls as spammers use an autobot dialler which will eventually call the new number.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Keep on blocking the numbers. 

If you don't need to keep your phone#, log into your self service account to change your phone# every 30 days.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@katiefleming 

Sounds extremely frustrating.   Other than changing your number, not much.

NEVER answer any calls from numbers/people you either don't recognize or are not on your contact list.  If the person calling you needs you bad enough, they will leave a voice message, if they don't bother leaving one, you likely didn't need to hear from them

IF YOU DO ANSWER, and the caller is a spammer, it's likely your number will get logged as one which will get answered, so anticipate spam calling to increase (at least in the short term).

Need Help? Let's chat.