cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PORTABILITY PROBLEM URGENT - porting number

AMIRPM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to move to freemobile from my number of public mobile .

BUT their service can't find my number in database that I have since year and half. I want emergency help as I'm not anymore available in my main line and THERE IS NO ONE TO TALK WITH IN PUBLIC MOBILE .

Ive already paid my plan and ask for porting  number from public mobile.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP IS CRAZY THIS PUBLIC MOBILE WITHOUT ANY SUPPORT AND THEY ARE HERE JUST TO TAKE MONEY FROM OUR BANK ACCOUNT EVERY MONTH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

34 REPLIES 34

@AMIRPM 

My service here (two lines) is FREE!!!!!!

@AMIRPM 

It aounds to me you have been sucked into a terrible monster of issues. In the customer service industry there are some customers that end up getting sucked into this. Where everything that could possibly goes wrong does. Sorry for your situation. I hope it all get resolved for you. 

Is your account now active? 

AMIRPM

STILL WAITING EVEN I PAID. IS IMPOSSIBLE AS SITUATION

AMIRPM

This is terrible and the service is horrible, and for sure the marketing I will do in my circle about this will be exponential in the perfect way.

AMIRPM

I think that nowadays we are dealing with machines, not humans and that scare a lot.

On one hand, they made me pay from a voucher site a total of 12.88 CAD that adds to my  CAD in my account, Which I feel that has been strolling. 

AMIRPM

The service here is HORRIBLE

@srlawren wrote:

@darlicious in fairness, I'm pretty sure that the current Freedom plans do not have roaming charges withing Canada; the zones are a thing of the past, to the best of my knowledge.

That said, the network--while improving all the time, I'm sure--may well be a deal-breaker for some (myself included), for the moment.

I don't recall if people on older Wind/Freedom plans get to use the Rogers/Bell/Telus network without extra charges, but yes, alll of Freedom current plans include roaming in Canada. It's rather ironic that customers who are outside of Freedom areas will likely receive better service becaue they'll be using some other carrier's network. The issue with Freedom is with the quality of the network within areas where roaming is disabled.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious wrote:

Freedom has reasonably priced plans as well but they come at a cost as well....an unreliable service network and roaming charges.  

@darlicious in fairness, I'm pretty sure that the current Freedom plans do not have roaming charges withing Canada; the zones are a thing of the past, to the best of my knowledge.

That said, the network--while improving all the time, I'm sure--may well be a deal-breaker for some (myself included), for the moment.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@AMIRPM wrote:

Thanks for your replay.

I just did it and use internet explorer instead of chrome but the same message, I'm sure that the problem comes from the platform as I pay very normal EVERYWHERE.

I don't trust this platform to give my bank information by message and there is no way I will do this.

My public mobile account has already some dollars and all this story that let me be unavailable in my line is for 7 dollars left !!!!!\

Honestly The service in this platform is no comment !!!!!!!!!

Public Mobile never asks for bank informaiton, nor do they accept it for make payments. Your options are Credit card or Visa Debit.  In any event, to port your number out, you're going to have to add at least $8 to your account and have it switched to a $15 plan. Once your service has been reactivated, you can port out.  As others have mentioned top ups vouchers are available at some local stores.

@AMIRPM 

The cheaper plan costs come with a price and that's a finicky self serve system and the occasional autopay failure. I can only use patience to deal with the pm site/account but I always top up my account to deal with never worrying about an autopay fail.

Freedom has reasonably priced plans as well but they come at a cost as well....an unreliable service network and roaming charges.  You have to ge used to seeing "AWAY" on your phone screen ( even when youre sitting at home). Of the two i prefer a reliable network and a plan that just keeps getting cheaper.....but it's up to you what is more important to you.

AMIRPM

Thanks for your replay.

I just did it and use internet explorer instead of chrome but the same message, I'm sure that the problem comes from the platform as I pay very normal EVERYWHERE.

I don't trust this platform to give my bank information by message and there is no way I will do this.

My public mobile account has already some dollars and all this story that let me be unavailable in my line is for 7 dollars left !!!!!\

Honestly The service in this platform is no comment !!!!!!!!!

@AMIRPM 

As before....clear your browser, open only one tab in secret/incognito mode using chrome, Firefox or safari. Use ALL Caps and copy your address from your billing statement of your card. Do not use the unit/apt box and do not put a space in the postal code.

AMIRPM

Well.

First of all, this is so annoying and illogical that a provider asks for it.

secondly, the transaction from my credit card that I used to pay with during all this period couldn't be completed and that's the message I have.

Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

PS: Never had this situation somewhere else. 

Good Job Public mobile!

popping

@AMIRPM wrote:

My public mobile doesn't work anymore, even I have some dollars in my balance, but there is no reason I need to pay for another cycle !!! I will not use this service, I already paid them my plan and fees to freedom mobile.

Unfortunately, this is how phone number portability system works in Canada.  All Canadian providers only can port an active number from a provider.  They use phone number active status to determine you are the owner of your number.  

I'm sorry for being the bearer of bad news.  You can reactivate with a cheapest PM plan to lower your cost of getting your number active again.

@AMIRPM  Those are the rules. If you have an account balance switch to the cheapest $15 plan reactivate you account in order to be able to port out. If you don't activate you PM account pick a new number at Freedom and away you go.

Take care!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AMIRPM 

I don't think any carrier would let a number go to a whole other carrier if the account wasn't active.

AMIRPM

My public mobile doesn't work anymore, even I have some dollars in my balance, but there is no reason I need to pay for another cycle !!! I will not use this service, I already paid them my plan and fees to freedom mobile.

@AMIRPM wrote:

I called back Freedom mobile and they found my number under Telus, but it's not active.

In my messages, I asked the moderator 4 hours ago to active it and let me go but no actions made. 

Just wondering how long is this simple action gonna take more?

Freedom Mobile doesn't know if your Public Mobile plan is active unless they already submitted the request and received a rejection notice.  Does your Public Mobile service still work? If it doesn't, you first need to pay for another billing cycle of a plan. If your Public Mobile service is working, you need to proceed with having Freedom Mobile perform the porting. 

AMIRPM

I called back Freedom mobile and they found my number under Telus, but it's not active.

In my messages, I asked the moderator 4 hours ago to active it and let me go but no actions made. 

Just wondering how long is this simple action gonna take more?

@AMIRPM wrote:

I don't know exactly what happening . the moderator doesn't replay to my message !!!!!!!

its shame and unacceptable to write and try to fix this problem without having any feedback from a phone provider !!!

Wish Honestly it gonna be fixed today !!!

Ensure your message was sent. Look at the envelope in the top right hand corner. Check the sent folder. Below are moderator hours:

When Are Moderators Available And How Long Till I Get A Response?

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Moderators are available:

• Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.
  • Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

AMIRPM

I don't know exactly what happening . the moderator doesn't replay to my message !!!!!!!

its shame and unacceptable to write and try to fix this problem without having any feedback from a phone provider !!!

Wish Honestly it gonna be fixed today !!!

If your number is active at Public, you need to talk to Freedom. Freedom is responsible for porting the number to them.

AMIRPM

THE ISSUE IS NOT STILL FIXED

I'm still waiting for moderator to help!!!!!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@AMIRPM wrote:

BUT their service can't find my number in database that I have since year and half. I want emergency help as I'm not anymore available in my main line and THERE IS NO ONE TO TALK WITH IN PUBLIC MOBILE .

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP IS CRAZY THIS PUBLIC MOBILE WITHOUT ANY SUPPORT AND THEY ARE HERE JUST TO TAKE MONEY FROM OUR BANK ACCOUNT EVERY MONTH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the contrary my friend...looks to me like you got immediate support.  You've asked for support how to port to Freedom and have a couple of responses that you can use. You haven't hinted at why you want to leave..for future reference, let us know what drove you to FM.

"they're just here to take money from our bank account"...and you get 3rd tier talk/text/data options.

If you've been here for 18 months then you must not have had any bad experiences up to now, right.

AMIRPM

Waiting to the moderator .

I think he have to put my number in the database so Freedom mobile could find it.

AMIRPM

Are you sure about it ? I sent them this information now I will wait to see what they find.

And for sure I removed my autopayment

@AMIRPM wrote:

JUST SENT A MESSAGE TO THE MODERATOR.

Even with my number account they say that they can't find it in their database.

wish the moderator will have look

@AMIRPM  Did you mention the provider was Public Mobile if yes, ask them to check under Koodo or Telus.

AMIRPM

JUST SENT A MESSAGE TO THE MODERATOR.

Even with my number account they say that they can't find it in their database.

wish the moderator will have look

popping

@AMIRPM 

Sorry for your bad experience with PM.  I noticed that you just create a community account.  PM support is provided by this forum and moderator assistant on account related issue.  If you created a community account 1.5 year ago and got help, your experience may be different.  I activation my first plan couple months after you.  If you like to give PM another chance, we can help you with your issues.

To port your PM number to another provider, give your PM number, PM account number and name on your PM account to your new provider to port out.  Make sure that your PM number is still active.   You should remove your autopay credit/debit card info before porting your PM number out.

If you need to pay to reactivate your suspended number, you may as well try PM forum support for another 20 - 30 days before porting out since you have paid for another 30 days.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@AMIRPM wrote:

@AMIRPM  Access your selfserve top right of the screen is your Public Mobile account number. Give that number, name that is on the Public Mobile account and the number to Freedom Mobile and they should be able to port out your number.

Need Help? Let's chat.