cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Network sharing basics

@Hmm

Sounds like you have a lot more info than the rest of us. Can you help me understand exactly how it works?

What are the ARP values for Telus vs Koodo vs Public Mobile subscribers?

Since Bell recently launched a new brand (Lucky Mobile), did they assign their own priorities without impacting Telus customers? Would Telus be ok with Bell assigning higher priorities to Lucky vs Koodo/PM? How would this even work in a city like Vancouver where Telus is the RAN owner? How would it work in Toronto where Bell is the RAN owner? How would it work in Saskatoon where SaskTel is the RAN owner?

Really looking forward to hearing some details.

Hmm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Later next year, there'll be more information made public regarding network prioritization by the big 3.

From a technical perspective, I suggest you engage in some meetings and diaglogue with the engineers with any of the major carriersand attend their meetings. It seems you need a lot of convincing that network prioritization is real and not a myth. 

Next time I run into the core engineers, I'll ask them. 

Absolutely, I need to see evidence before I'm convinced. So far, I haven't seen any. By the way, what do you mean by prioritization exactly?

I got lucky today and ran into a core engineer and asked him about this. As expected, there is no prioritization in the network between the different brands (QCI and ARP are the same). Only VoLTE and ViLTE are prioritized, which makes sense.

He did tell me about a special project that @Hmm seems to be alluding to. I can't discuss it in public, but it may be happening some time next year. It's not related to the sub brands, so it won't change what I've said above.

Mayor / Maire

*bumping

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

wrong thread, sorry, removed

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

wrong thread sorry, deleted

Mayor / Maire

*bumping