cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We’re expanding our Oracle team!

Melinda_H
Customer Support Agent

Hey Community,

We have some exciting news to share - we're looking to grow our Oracle program!

As Public Mobile continues to grow and expand, we're hoping to do the same with our Oracle program; not only are we looking for new and exciting opportunities for Oracles to get more involved with the Community and with Public Mobile, we are also looking to expand our Oracle team. 

We're looking to add passionate, knowledgeable Oracles to the team, and we would especially love to add diversity and representation from those that are bilingual French speakers, so we can better support our Community. 

The Oracle program is designed to recognize our most active and helpful Community members who are passionate and knowledgeable about all things Public Mobile, enjoy helping others, and are interested in providing feedback & participating in ideation with Public Mobile.

This time around, we'll be trying something new and will be using an application process to allow all who are interested to apply should you meet the criteria below:

Who we're looking for:

• Friendly, welcoming, positive individuals that want to make the Community a better place & help others
  • An active member of the Community for the past 12 months (you should be a top 25% contributor or higher for roughly 9 of the last 12 months)
  • Someone who is able to take on a minimum commitment of 1 year to the Oracle program
  • Individuals who want to be representatives of the Public Mobile Community, and who maintain and uphold our Community guidelines

Our expectations of Oracles:

Oracles are expected to be an active, involved member of the Community, and will be responsible for:

• Providing Community support such as answering questions and helping other members
  • Maintaining the Community by keeping it organized
  • Providing feedback & participating in beta testing and research sessions with Public Mobile 

What’s in it for you:

• Being the first to know about official Public Mobile news
  • Sneak-peeks at new Public Mobile projects and initiatives
  • Opportunities to provide feedback and weigh in on upcoming Public Mobile projects
  • Events with the Public Mobile team
  • Occasional Public Mobile swag
  • Oracle Community badge 
  • Unique Community privileges 
  • And last, but not least, a $20 Community Reward every 30 days!

Does the above sound like something you'd be interested in? If so, we'd love to hear from you via our application form here; please apply by Thursday December 3rd. We will be reaching out to the successful candidates later in the month to chat about next steps! 

- Public Mobile Community Team

227 REPLIES 227

@Jb456 first it is Shawn and not Shawny Boy, just asking people to try and stay on the topic that is all.  You sure get fired up pretty quick with a very innocent comment like that. 

As well I don't think the edit feature should be given out past a select group that PM has designated to have it as I think it could get abused.

Stay Safe

Edited to add: I left Rosies post in the Original thread I moved our further discussion to a new thread and she seemed happy with that I didn't shoot her down at all but have had a very lengthy respectful discussion with her.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jb456   i feel left out.  was that on purpose ??  🙂  do i need to read into it?  🙂

anyways i wanted to discuss your merging issue.    merging is not an "easy" feat as simply moving a thread from one place to another. You need to know the message id  of the post you want to merge to this involves opening couple windows/tabs which on a desktop is not that complicated but truthfully it is rather cumbersome to do especially when you are on a moblie device.  is not quick nor easy.  

@ShawnC13  ok shawny boy you're the Oracle do you're merging to the lounge. If people can't reply to how they feel about a thread then what's the point? 

@RosieR  posted a valid point regarding personal information and you shot her to another thread might as well do the same with my posts. Rosie did have a valid point tho. What are Oracle's tasks? I've asked that in April as well and basically seems like do whatever they want and collect a free $20. 

Let's see out of the Oracle's.

One mostly does merges.

One does all the solutions.

Mostly two but 3 n 4 when free will edit personal info.

One is hardly on. Maybe under 20 posts a month and a 2nd is pretty close to it.

Two like to take things personal all the time and back each other up.

One likes to use Oracle powers for their own benefit. 

All are discombobulated and are not on the same page.

So yes throw my posts to the lounge. It'll be the most you merged in months 😂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

As for the application, this isn't how it was done before. Members here already know that from previous Oracle promotion rounds. In the past, members were contacted and offered the position. Those contacted were then free to say yes or no. 

I've only seen one expansion draft. It was a nomination method. All the regulars pitched in their nominations of who they thought would be worthy. Then the company did as you said...invited whichever ones. So the regulars basically did the shortlisting for them. Then they accepted or not. Others got thanks but sorry messages.

@RosieR : I agree. I think Jb456 would be terrific. Then he can edit 'til his heart's content. No Jb456...I don't think just anybody should be able to edit anybody else's post. You're asking to be a moderator (Oracle). I think you would be great.

This is an announcement thread looking for candidates and such, can the other off topic stuff be handled in a different thread?  There was already one created let's keep this one clean and on the topic.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@computergeek541  if you ask some on here. It's easy to see that some Oracle's do more than other's. Than you have retired Oracle's that do more than Oracle's.

I think PM should do a review of the current Oracle's before adding more Oracle's. I'm sure @darlicious  would agree. 

Anyways good luck to those applying. An easy free $20. Prior to last time Oracle's were removed a few went half a year collecting $20 for hardly being on.

I just want the edit feature.

@Jb456 I nominate you for President!  Yay!

old woman with sign.jpg

@Jb456 wrote:

Although I am not sure of Oracle's tasks as sometimes I see an oracle posting on other threads at the same time as a thread that has personal info and even tagging them in it they don't do anything about it. That part gets frustrating.

I mainly tag you in things as I know at least you will get to it eventually whenever you come back online. I can't say the same things for other Oracle's though (not all but some). I've seen one post I asked you to merge due to it being a duplicate then later on as the thread continued an oracle also responded but did not merge the threads. So things like that is the reason I mainly tag you into the thread as I know eventually you'll get to it.

If I speak freely I don't really like this thread. Having to write an application to apply to be an Oracle 🤣. I think it's kind of a slap in the face. PM should know who possibly meets the requirements and should take the first step in the process. A " Hey we noticed you have been doing great on the forums. We'd like you to apply to be an Oracle". Not "hey community anyone that been here for awhile and has had 25% or higher range for last 12 months please apply for a spot. Kind of a joke if you ask me without PM never acknowledging anyone (besides a silly standard generic message each month for rewards that does not even mention you) but never something personal like a private message saying thanks for your contributions. 

There are times when an Oracle might not agree that a thread needs to be moved or merged, and there could also be times that Oracles don't wish to get involved during a specific situation. Also, if someone who only has a few minutes to spare at that moment might not wish to peform forum housekeeping at that point in time. 

As for the application, this isn't how it was done before. Members here already know that from previous Oracle promotion rounds. In the past, members were contacted and offered the position. Those contacted were then free to say yes or no. 

Ok because the french forum is not invited...🤪... I am happy to tell you that I will be happy to pass a french exam who would apply to the application of oracles. Give your name.😉

Good luck.

@computergeek541  I meant @.  Oracle's as a distribution list. In your work place for example if you email office@blahblah.com...then it's sent to the entire offices personal email. I'm sure PM has some set up as such 🤔 like  moderators. Anyways I type @"Oracle's and the notification goes to PCgeek, shawnC, luditte, willy, ndesai. Then whoever is online, if any, looks at it.

Although I am not sure of Oracle's tasks as sometimes I see an oracle posting on other threads at the same time as a thread that has personal info and even tagging them in it they don't do anything about it. That part gets frustrating.

I mainly tag you in things as I know at least you will get to it eventually whenever you come back online. I can't say the same things for other Oracle's though (not all but some). I've seen one post I asked you to merge due to it being a duplicate then later on as the thread continued an oracle also responded but did not merge the threads. So things like that is the reason I mainly tag you into the thread as I know eventually you'll get to it.

If I speak freely I don't really like this thread. Having to write an application to apply to be an Oracle 🤣. I think it's kind of a slap in the face. PM should know who possibly meets the requirements and should take the first step in the process. A " Hey we noticed you have been doing great on the forums. We'd like you to apply to be an Oracle". Not "hey community anyone that been here for awhile and has had 25% or higher range for last 12 months please apply for a spot. Kind of a joke if you ask me without PM never acknowledging anyone (besides a silly standard generic message each month for rewards that does not even mention you) but never something personal like a private message saying thanks for your contributions. 

Anyways so everyone knows JB456 is not applying but he would really like to be given the edit function for personal information removal 😀. As for PM requirements for this application/ job interview lol fluent in English/French & partial Spanish. On these forums most days for hours. Sometimes 14 hours and average 40 to 60 solutions per month.

Best of luck to all those who apply 👍

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR : I'm just glad it's not just me you seem to get all adversarial on.

This whole show is all Public Mobile. Everybody else are customers. Some have earned some stripes over the others and therefore have been granted some special privileges over the system.

This is a corporate support enterprise here. Not a Corvette enthusiasts forum.

@Anonymous no, not just you.  LOL  I understand that these members are deserving of the honourable titles.  they have earned it.  I didn't mean to disrespect.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR : I'm just glad it's not just me you seem to get all adversarial on.

This whole show is all Public Mobile. Everybody else are customers. Some have earned some stripes over the others and therefore have been granted some special privileges over the system.

This is a corporate support enterprise here. Not a Corvette enthusiasts forum.

@RosieR wrote:

short answer - I beg your pardon?  removing personal information in the forums is not the job of oracles?  Whose job is it then?  So, as far as you are concerned ...

"If personal information remains for a prolonged time, that's on the member who posted it and on Public Mobile themselves." 

Oracles have never been informed that they need to remove personal information, and this has always been completely voluntary. Also, an Oracle may not have noticed that some personal information has not yet been removed. Members need to take responsibilty for when they post information that shouldn't be posted, while I do agree that Public Mobile could make it more clear that anybody can read the infromation on this forum. The reason for this being on Public Mobile has to do with that they are the ones providing the service and this website, and because of the moderators being paid employees.

oooops sorry

@Jb456 wrote:

Wish PM would make an @"Oracle" that sends a notification to all Oracle's instead of tagging each name individually.

Edit - seems someone has that username. So "PMoracle".

This was asked of Public Mobile before. The response was that it couldn't be done because it would require a seperate username to be created. 

If you're going to make it so that Oracles have to log into two sepearte accounts, the positiion slowly becomes a job.

Anonymous
Not applicable

computergeek541 twigs a thought in my feeble brain. A distinction can be made with this kind of forum and a hobby forum or some kind of enthusiast forum. This is a forum supporting a commercial enterprise. The others are like-minded folks with a keen interest in the topic of the forum. Some of those forums _can_ have a commercial element but their focus is the topic.

@Jb456 wrote:

Also think the criteria should be higher than 25%. That can be achieved by new members simply starting topics asking questions about their data,etc. Or simply posting short one line answers (sometimes incorrect or hours /days after the post has been resolved) plus the famous reply of "thank you". One member in June or July hit 25% for a total of 41 posts. 2 or 3 were topics started asking their own questions, replying individually to each person that responded, a few incorrect answers to some threads and giving feedback of a store they purchased their sim at.

Criteria should also have something to do with solutions. An average per month as well as an average of hours spent on the forums.

I agree that it doesn't take much to earn top 25% in a month, but people are free to participate as much or as little as they wish. Someone who has successfully answered a relatively small amount of 5 questions and helped fixed a problem is someone who has contributed.

I see the top 25% requirement as more to do with to do with not being able to keep the title while never logging in, but not to penalize someone becuase they suddenly have less time for work or personal reasons, or for simply going on vacation. 

@RosieR wrote:

@Melinda_H this is nice, but I don't believe you need more oracles.  What you need are forum moderators who can oversea the forums and ready to organize among themselves so that the forum has a forum moderator present 24/7.  This can be done.  We have members from east to west.  These are volunteers, no financial gains, but are just passionate about keeping personal information deleted as soon as posted in the forums.  Recently, it took more than 2 hours for personal information to be removed by a PM moderator.  Where were the oracles then?  As I was told, they have lives.  Well, there are retired people like me who may or may not have lives who would want to volunteer to see the forum posters follow the forum rules.  

To summarize, PM needs forum moderators, not more oracles.

Thank you for reading.

RosieR

There has never been a requirement for Oracles to remove posted personal information. If personal information remains for a prolonged time, that's on the member who posted it and on Public Mobile themselves.

As for moderator-like activities, members also need to understand that when someone who has such abilities makes a decision, it shouldn't be openly quetsioned, but rather be done privately.  Of course I can make mistakes, but for example, if someone asks me to move something and I happen to agree with that person, someone else coming in and literally arguing with me about it is the type of thing that makes me not even want to come to Community any longer. 

As for having more people who can perform such tasks, I don't agree with that. There were still be instances of personal information remaing.  If you're thinking that you people have such abilities should have shifts so that there is always someone online looking for that, you need to pay these peopple. At that point, these people become employees.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Doors are open again! All the best to all candidates. 

@Jb456 wrote:

Goodluck to those that are applying. To bad Gblackma hasn't been around for awhile now. Sure hope he's ok!

Hey Melinda. Could I just get access to the edit feature to remove people's personal info so I don't have to bug computergeek all the time? Lol

I don't mind as long as there isn't an expectation for me to do it.  If I don't notice the tag, don't see the personal information, or if I'm not online, it might not get done immediately.   If I happen to be online and notice the information, removing it is easy enough.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Jb456, it has been mentioned before.  Unfortunately right now someone has registered an account in the community with that username lol

Just like domain names I am sure that user names can be purchased from the owner for the right price. Since this is on a PM site I suggest opening the discussion to take back the username with an offer of $2.

AE_Collector

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jb456  pretty sure the 25% is just the bare minimum. From there I'm sure they will look at posts , solutions, overall community involvement, post demeanour etc.

I think they want to cast a wide enough net to make sure all people that are interested can apply. If it was limited to say top 10% over 12 months the list would get pretty short fast.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@dabr@Jb456  for sure anything is possible, and like I said it was something that was talked about a couple of years ago to have that tag created to get to all the Oracles at once.

@ShawnC13  A couple of years ago?  Perhaps might be time to re-submit the idea to the current management team again?

@dabr@Jb456  for sure anything is possible, and like I said it was something that was talked about a couple of years ago to have that tag created to get to all the Oracles at once.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

Wish PM would make a @Oracle that sends a notification to all Oracle's instead of tagging each name individually.

@Jb456   I was just thinking about something like that would be very useful. 

@ShawnC13  couldn't the @Oracle name be tweeked a little to maybe something similar like @allOracles to allow for an easy tag to any of the oracles available?

@ShawnC13  haha oops didn't realize. Then PMoracle. 

@Jb456 wrote:

Wish PM would make a @Oracle that sends a notification to all Oracle's instead of tagging each name individually.

@Jb456, it has been mentioned before.  Unfortunately right now someone has registered an account in the community with that username lol

Wish PM would make an @"Oracle" that sends a notification to all Oracle's instead of tagging each name individually.

Edit - seems someone has that username. So "PMoracle".

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Good luck everybody! 

Need Help? Let's chat.