Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates to Community Boards

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi Community, 

I’m excited to announce a few changes to the boards here in the Community! These improvements are based off of feedback we’ve heard from you and will be going into effect on Friday July 10th, 2020: 

• Removal of the Pioneers board: This board was originally created for long-standing Public Mobile customers that joined prior to 2015 (lovingly called our Pioneers). This board doesn’t see much activity anymore so we’ll be archiving all the content that exists there. 
  • Adding a new Community board: This new board will be the go-to place to talk in the Community about the Community. Here you can ask questions about using the Community (how do I change my avatar? What is a bravo and when do I use it?) or have general discussions about it. 
  • Re-purposing Discussions to Using Your Service: The Discussions board has long been a grab-bag of different topics and is often used for support questions that don’t fit into another board. Many of those questions are service related (My texts aren’t sending! My calls get dropped!) so we’ll be changing the board’s name to better reflect that. Moving forward, any ‘discussions’ that are not service-related and don’t go into any other board should be posted in The Lounge. 

These are just a few small changes based on a portion of the feedback we’ve received from you over the past few months. We’re constantly working on actioning the feedback we get from our Community members, so stay tuned for more improvements. 

- The Public Mobile Community Team

P.S. This is my last week on the Public Mobile team. It's been great the last eight months or so interacting with so many of you here on the Community! Please join me in welcoming @Catherine_T , the newest member of the PM team who will be taking over from me. The Community is in great hands with her!

- Tiana_V

43 REPLIES 43

vickiwei
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for your help in the last year, wishing you all the best. Cheers!

mkg20

These improvements sound great! 

Thanks for all you've done for PM. Good luck in your future endeavours 🙂

Vault91

All the best going forward! Cheers

-Vault

PsyJade

Thanks for the info. And happy PM retirement. 

xraykngiht
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks you for your hard work

hongduong

comprehensive

stephanieberle2

Thank you @Tiana_V  and congrats on your new adventure. Welcome @Catherine_T 

gjong26
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sorry to hear you are leaving @Tiana_V  but must be for broader horizons! 🙂 Good luck to you.  You will be missed. 🙂

Welcome @Catherine_T ! 

pankajjoshi

All the best in your future ventures .

tamianddan

This is great news! This is very good for people looking for an affordable plan! Thank you Public Mobile!

Eliza5
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Tiana_V , Where are you off to?

We will miss you here in the community.

@Eliza5 

Nanqui

Thank you for the update!

Rose25

Thank you for the updates and wish you all the best. 

Welcome Catherine. Hope you have a wonderful time here! 

dac13

@SAM-A wrote:

@Tiana_V Is it alright if I post a SPAM number on any of the community?

I got a SPAM call and the SPAM caller is PM's number too. 672-999-**** . Is it OK if I disclose the number or DM you on message?

Its the usual fraud stating calling from tax department and bla bla.

Thank You!

( Just want to spread the awareness )

@Catherine_T Adding you as well!

@SAM-A  @Catherine_T  I would just be careful because it could potentially be caller id spoofing and not actually a call from that phone number.

SAM-A

Thank you for letting me know!

Appreciate it!

@SAM-A wrote:

I got a SPAM call and the SPAM caller is PM's number too. 672-999-**** . Is it OK if I disclose the number or DM you on message?

Thank You!

SAM-A,

Tiana is no longer with Public Mobile and is now attached to a different team within Telus, so you might not get a response to her.  Catherine_T is now handling the Public Mobile Community site.

SAM-A

Thank You!

@Catherine_T Adding you as well!

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I'll have to check these new Boards out. And better a little late then never I bid farewell Tiana good luck in your new job.

helenhelen

Welcome Catherine!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jimbobs wrote:

Is it just me or has anybody else noticed the activity on Community Boards appears to be much reduced since these changes were implemented?

It's not just you. Earlier in the Spring into the Covid shut down this place was a frenzy. It has settled down a lot in the last while. IMNSHO I wouldn't attribute it to the updates. But what do I know.

jimbobs

Is it just me or has anybody else noticed the activity on Community Boards appears to be much reduced since these changes were implemented?

Savebig2

Thank you very much 🙂

mobileguy

@Tiana_V , all the best!

dac13

Thanks @Tiana_V 

Welcome @Catherine_T 

tweakthis

Thank you, Tina_V for all of your hard work. Welcome, Catherine_T. 🙂

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wow, this is quite the update!

Thanks @Tiana_V, wish you all the best going forward 🙂

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Best of luck @Tiana_V 

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

These seem like great updates! Makes sense to me 😁

Irv

@Tiana_V Thank you for sharing thise improvements to the community board. And welcome @Catherine_T! 

Great job so far in implementing long overdue changes to the community. The public mobile team has truly listened to the community feedback to update and give clear and concise guidelines and interpret the terms of service into layman's terms. The reworking of the community boards to reflect the direction of public mobile and it's community's goals to go along with its terms of service will help move of the entire community into the future. Having a community discussion board is extremely helpful and changing the discussions board to using this service defines its objective. Everything else is lounge worthy and chillin........on or off topic.

Public mobiles promise to constantly move forward so eloquently put by @Dave_M  and the beginning of this year and his departure  has begun to take real shape under @Tiana_V  community leadership role and sadly also announces her departure. Tiana you had big shoes to fill taking over from @Alan_K but you have made an indelible mark on the community and the changes will be noticed for a long time to come.

@Tiana_V  Thank you for the contributions you've made and implemented on the community taken directly from its members. Your personal touch, concern for others and thoughtful responses have been very much appreciated. I wish you the best of success in your new role and it's endeavours !

@Catherine_T    Welcome to public mobile and the community! Give your fluevogs their best spit and polish.....youre going to need your best shoes on to handle this community but don't worry you'll be family as soon as you dip your toe into the pool! (We dont have one yet is there any chance you can put that on your to do list?)

Need Help? Let's chat.