Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

@henrythibodeau7 wrote:

Hi. I applied for the one tine gift of 2gb before the deadline of Dec 31st and it is not on my account yet. I applied the 29th with a yes. thanks

@henrythibodeau7 

You did all you need to do.

To be sure, take a screenshot of the offer and your "yes" reply.

You should see the promotional items in your self-serve details within a week or so.

(EDIT:   better yet, follow @computergeek541 advice below -- i didn't want to push the CSA contact until perhaps several more days had passed and you STILL hadn't seen the items)

henrythibodeau7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. I applied for the one tine gift of 2gb before the deadline of Dec 31st and it is not on my account yet. I applied the 29th with a yes. thanks

@Korth 

Ha, ha, ha....anyone who has read thru this entire thread.....you are funny!🤣🤣🤣

@darlicious 

I think I'll think of this advice as "reassurance", not "confusion". Anyone who's bothered to read through this entire thread is evidently nervous about whether they will receive the gifts, lol.

@Korth 

Yes but replying to 4911 with a YES is only designed to work if you were an existing customer before December 1st 2021. New activations are already coded to have the holiday gifts automatically added within 7 days. Why confuse the new customer with unnecessary advice?

@darlicious wrote:

No text necessary....new activations get the holiday gifts automatically added to their account within 7 days.

Still, it wouldn't hurt. Automated systems won't be annoyed. But automated systems can break - especially if (as usual) things get bogged down by blurry timezone complications, a flood of "unanticipated" last-minute 11th-hour traffic, or other technicalities.

It only takes two seconds to send the text. And it only takes two more seconds to take a screenshot, just in case you need it next week when you're asking for a support ticket.

@Korth wrote:
People who have problems replying to the texts can still open a ticket with stupidbot or the CSAs. People who don't squeak into the closed door shouldn't complain after it's already been held wide open for them a full month.

@LeePublic

No text necessary....new activations get the holiday gifts automatically added to their account within 7 days.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

FYI, tomorrow is the last day to activate your SIM card and get the holiday add-ons, just remember to text YES to 4911 by Dec. 31st midnight EST.

@Bobsmyuncle 

They will be automatically added to your account within 7 days of activation. Welcome to public mobile!

@Bobsmyuncle   Yes, you are eligible.  In fact, you don't need to do anything.  Wait 72 hours and you should see the 2 bonus there in your Account.  You will find it under My Account, Overview Tab, My Data & Add-On's

You just did by activating.

Way to go @Bobsmyuncle for getting in under the wire!!!

Bobsmyuncle

Late December activation here.  Will I be eligible for this year's holiday giveaway add-ons?  If yes, how would I get it?

@MXZ wrote:

Hi, I just signed up for a PM line - how do I get the holiday bonuses ?

@MXZ 

You will get automatically get the holiday bonuses within one week upon activation of new account.  

MXZ

Hi, I just signed up for a PM line - how do I get the holiday bonuses ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ZR1 : You too. This place doesn't charge anything if you don't have it. So you can try things all day long and it will only consume anything if it works.

Edit: to the above...Yes...officially. My bet would be on it working. I can call all countries in all add-ons having the 400 and the two 500's.

@ZR1 You can call to the following countries with the 500 min international add-on. List of countries on the Plan/Add-on page does include Ireland in the list so give it a try. If it works, it works. If not, you won't be charged extra. 

International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela

ZR1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks, Happy New year

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ZR1 : Yes.

ZR1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can I call Ireland with these minutes without incurring additional costs.

Thanks

Get in touch with CSA through ticketing system ASAP.

Even if you send request for bonus to be added today it will be considered before 31.12 so they should honour it if they are to busy to reply or handle it this year.

zhua

I was trying to following the chat bubble then attempted to submit a ticket. But it requires me to sign in and I was not able to sign in using the community username and password. Strange.

Then I followed the link and able to send a private message to CS_Afent. Thanks!

@Grandma1 

Make your request via private message. Include the info to verify the account and then the CSA can add them before having to even contact you. This way if they get overwhelmed on the last day the CSA will have all of the info necessary to add them without chatting with you first.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Send a private message...   Contact the CSA's (formerly moderators) by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the CSA's (formerly moderators.) Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the CSA/Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the CSA's (formerly moderators) click below
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Grandma1 wrote:

I never received the text to accept my bonus data and 500 minutes long distance.

I tried to log into my account and add the promotions that way. They showed up as $0 for each of the bonuses. However, I was not able to select one of each as they were greyed out.

Can someone please tell me why they weren't available and how I might be able to have them added without the text?

@Grandma1  - when was your activation date?

As per the TERMS, it states:

"New customers will have add-ons automatically added to their accounts within 1 week of activation."

So, since you see these in your account, and if you Just activated today, give it another couple days to populate perhaps.

After 1 week from your activation date, if you still do not see these showing correctly, then submit a ticket with Customer Support Agents.

Methods to submit tickets with CSA, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

methods already provided by @hairbag1 in first reply

jib_tech
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@zhua 

A CSA will be able to add them for you in no time at all. Just watch the envelope at the top right for a message.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Grandma1 Text YES to 4911 by Dec. 31st midnight EST to redeem the promotion. Otherwise, you may miss this years free data and minutes giveaway.

@zhua  supposed you should get a reply back immediately

did you check your My Account and confirm the bonus not there?

If so, then open a ticket with PM and PM support will sort this out:

Spoiler

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

@Grandma1 wrote:

I never received the text to accept my bonus data and 500 minutes long distance.

I tried to log into my account and add the promotions that way. They showed up as $0 for each of the bonuses. However, I was not able to select one of each as they were greyed out.

Can someone please tell me why they weren't available and how I might be able to have them added without the text?

Firstly...send text Yes to 4911.

Let us know if that was successful.

edit, otherwise go to top of this page, click Get Help / Chat with Simon to start process of CSA assistance.

OR...better yet... you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

zhua

I relied YES on Dec 23. I still have not seen it loaded in my account. Isn't it supposed instantly applied after reply the message? Thanks.

Grandma1

@Pandaman wrote:

Hi I had a text message to reply YES to get 2GB og data and 500 International minutes

I have replied Yes multiple times but the promo is not showing up in my account. It has been over a week.

@Pandaman 

They're not super fast adding these items.

Just be sure you keep a screenshot of your "YES" reply in case you need it for support early January to show them.

Hopefully by then, all account will have been reconciled with the promoted add-ons.

Need Help? Let's chat.