Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

@Pandaman 

You need to contact customer support to have the holiday gifts added to your account.

@Pandaman   Usually it should work without issue

No worry, you will get it, Just open ticket with PM and they will sort this out for you.  :

Spoiler

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Pandaman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I had a text message to reply YES to get 2GB og data and 500 International minutes

I have replied Yes multiple times but the promo is not showing up in my account. It has been over a week.

Yes we rarely have snow that is a pleasure to shovel like this is. Unheard of around Vancouver but then again we have had one previously unheard of weather event after another around here this year.

AE_Collector

@Meow 

Normally we get snowman snow but this infamous white fluffy powder the stuff of ski and snowboarder dreams! And this bogganer cant wait to hit in a couple of hours....sun and snow!!

@darlicious wrote:

@Meow 

Lol....Im about to hit the fluffy stuff myself but of course it's a treat out here not a burden! And I need to get my mail....sim cards are due!

It looks like BC is getting all kind of ssstuff - treat - this year.

Make a snowman and post a picture so we can admire your artwork!

@Meow 

Lol....Im about to hit the fluffy stuff myself but of course it's a treat out here not a burden! And I need to get my mail....sim cards are due!

@shwetadesai 

If you have submitted ticket then a reply from a CSA should be within an hour.

@Anonymous

I completely understand you. Sometimes I am ticked off reading some posts where people expect too much. But we live in NOW times so everything has to be instant.

I had issue with Holiday gifts too but with patience and polite communication with CSA it was resolved.

Just take it easy! Look at the bright side of life. At least, currently there is no snow to shovel (at least not in GTA) 😎

shwetadesai

I had already reply Yes to 4911 and still I am unable to see promotion is not applied successfully under my account. Please help I already had register a ticket for the same as tomorrow is the last day. So I did applied already but I am unable to see the promotion is not applied under my account.

shwetadesai

"YES"

Anonymous
Not applicable

@efyinc : Jeez. Appreciation for free stuff much? ie. gifts? What?... do you throw down thoughtful gifts from people in disgust saying it's too much work to deal with? If it's all just way too much work for you then just ignore the free stuff. Go on with your life using what you have that you're apparently sufficiently happy with to be here and don't bother with the free stuff.

Orrr....jump through any hoops and deal with little hiccups and be grateful for the gifts. What company gives their stuff away like this?

Sorry for your experience @efyinc .  Most of us are ok with the process while some of the subscribers did have issue with the YES reply.     PM used different ways for the bonus distribution last year but some people missed that.  They chanced to Text and most work well but still issues for some people.  Let's hope they fix the issue next time  🙂

efyinc

It's really bewildering. They said "instantly" in their sms, but when responded "YES" there was nothing happened, even a confirmation of acceptance was NOT responded. TERRIBLE service!!! WASTED TOO MUCH TIME.

@efyinc no worry, as long as you only the ticket , PM will honour it.   🙂

efyinc

Just finished one, hope it will get through. It's a challenge to do so - difficult to select a category.

@Sherif_Sheko wrote:

But after 2-3 days December will be finished and the promotion till 31 December only

@Sherif_Sheko 

Retry to text Yes again.  

If that does not work, you will need to contact Customer service agent.  Click on chat icon on right lower corner of website.  Type: Unable to get a promo.  Follow prompts to submit ticket for moderator help.  Expect a few hours wait time response.  

Sherif_Sheko
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

But after 2-3 days December will be finished and the promotion till 31 December only

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@iaredi It took almost ten days after I reply with YES. PM will honor the bonus for sure! 

BeachNBeer

@iaredi 

Try texting YES again to 4911 see if you get a confirmation message. Then log into your account and check under your My rewards section if it is there.

If nothing. Contact customer service agents. 

Open a ticket via: 

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time) 

Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗" 

or send a private message to: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

iaredi

Alright, thank you. I did that. I'm waiting for their answer.

@iaredi   Just open a ticket with PM and it will add it back for you 

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

iaredi

I received an SMS inviting me to accept 2GB of data and 500 minutes as a free holiday gift. The only thing I was supposed to do is answer YES, which I did, but haven't received the gift yet. The promo ends on the 31st, what should I do? Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you!

@esjliv 

I will clarify my post....any existing customers before December 1st who have not recieved the holiday gifts need to contact customer support by December 31st to have them added manually to their account. The announcement already covers new customer activations.

@darlicious wrote:

Just an FYI to anyone who has not recieved the holiday gifts. These cannot be added after December 31st. If they have not been automatically added to your account you must contact customer support by December 31st to have them added manually.

How do you know this @darlicious  ?

What if there is an activation hours before the New Year, then nothing shows up in the customer's Self Serve account within the next week.

I would say that someone who activated near the end of December 31st, but was not given these addons would have a pretty good argument to submit a ticket and say they did not receive them the first few days of January, and Public should oblige, IMO.

@efyinc wrote:

I met the same problem, it's strange to happen.

@efyinc   you have opened a ticket with PM support yet?

efyinc

I met the same problem, it's strange to happen.

Just an FYI to anyone who has not recieved the holiday gifts. These cannot be added after December 31st. If they have not been automatically added to your account you must contact customer support by December 31st to have them added manually.

Edit:

This refers to existing customers before December 1st 2021. As per the announcement new activations will automatically have them added to their accounts within 7 days of activation.

@Amanjit 

Even without a texting plan you should be able to reply YES to 4911 to recieve the holiday gifts as proved by others without a texting plan. However if you still cannot get a confirmation text from pm that the gifts have been added to your account then you just contact customer support before the end of December to have them added to your account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @Psygineer : Long time no read. That's good news. I had wondered about that all along this adventure. It kinda makes sense that text-less accounts should be able to interact with their provider via text. I have the 50/50 plan but I hadn't run out. I wonder if it had been consumed whether I could reply.

Psygineer

My parents still have the $20 unlimited Province wide plan, it didn't have texting. With that said, they were able to get this promo by responding yes (despite not having texting as part of their plan).

Need Help? Let's chat.