Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Since you replied at last minute, maybe with all the changes happening  on community, just be patient, next time reply as soon as you can, with my experience I replied right away and few days later it was added. 

Jkwan11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes I checked and it wasn't added. 

@Jkwan11 wrote:

I replied to the text with yes in December but the extra 2GB still haven't been added to my account. How can I get it added?

@Jkwan11  - how do you know the 2GB was not added? Have you been checking your Self Serve to confirm?

Do you see the 500 minute addon you Overview section? If so, maybe you already used up your 2GB amount.

The addons should look like this:

esjliv_0-1641692255670.png

HI @Jkwan11 

they should have been added. 

But no worry.  If you have replied the text in Dec , show them the proof and they will add it back.

open a ticket with PM and have them to try to sort it out

click on the Bubble on the lower right or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.
Follow these these to get to ticket open page quicker:

1. type: Contact CS Agent
  2. Click "Contact Us"
  3. Click "Other"
  4. Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  5. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

Jkwan11

I replied to the text with yes in December but the extra 2GB still haven't been added to my account. How can I get it added?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully you did do that reply before midnight ET. But really...why would you leave it until the last moment?

yullub
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I replied just before the due date, on 31st, it said might need to wait a week, i think have some technical issues 

yullub

Thanks! I just send private message to CSA, hope I can have the free gift soon. 

0PX9O4

@yullub 

You definitely should have received it last month if you responded to the text. I'd suggest sending a private message to a CS agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@yullub wrote:

Free one time gift 2GB of data and 500 international long distance minutes still not show up on my account yet. I click YES on dec31 before the due date. I am a long term customer. 
Pls advise what I can send request to, thanks! 

@yullub  do you still have the TEXT you sent YES to?

Submit a ticket to CSA and let them know so you can get the freebies.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Maybe you can include a screenshot of the text you sent.

yullub

Free one time gift 2GB of data and 500 international long distance minutes still not show up on my account yet. I click YES on dec31 before the due date. I am a long term customer. 
Pls advise what I can send request to, thanks! 

@maggieTO 

Last year you had to add the holiday gifts yourself by purchasing the $0 bonus add one in your self serve account. For this year follow @Meow 's advice and send screenshots of your text messages to customer supportvand ask that they add the holiday gifts or their best equivalent. You may find this easier to do in a private message vs Simple--Simon.

Spoiler

Send a private message...   Contact the CSA's (formerly moderators) by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the CSA's (formerly moderators.) Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the CSA/Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the CSA's (formerly moderators) click below
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@maggieTO 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent ,and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck.

@AE_Collector 

Aha! Yes....I guess I had lucky timing to have checked the account just as the $5 was added but before pm had updated the transaction history.

@darlicious 

Do you mean this in payment history? This is what I see in addition to the “Available Funds” being incremented by $5.

AE_Collector

8A04D685-CFB3-4909-BA37-CA75394E3107.jpeg

Oh. Why did you wait so long?

If you can provide proof you replied YES to PM's SMS regarding Holiday bonus, I would suggest to contact CSA ASAP and provide screenshots of initial SMS, your YES and PM's reply.

Hopefully CSA could add them manually.

The bf just recieved $5 in his available funds indicating the first of his $5×6 bonus referral credits has been credited. I can't confirm the SMS text because the he and the phone are not here but I assume the text followed up the credit. Not currently reflected in the transaction history....

@J_PM  

What's up with that? No official accounting record of the bonus credit being added?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@maggieTO : Last years gifts had to be "bought". Did you do that? This years should indeed have showed up after the confirmation. Add-ons don't leave evidence of their past presence. If consumed then they just disappear. If you bought them then you would see them in your transaction history. But not these recent gifts.

0PX9O4

@maggieTO 

Sorry to hear about this. I would suggest sending a private message to @CS_Agent so they can investigate and get this resolved for you.

maggieTO

When I received the PM text offering the 2GB of data and 500 international long distance minutes on December 16th'21, I immediately replied YES (8:34PM) then received a text confirming that both had been added to my account. However, in checking my account status today, I found that they are not.  As a matter of fact, I believe the bonus data and talk time I was supposed to receive last year same time could not possibly have been used up and there's no sign of it ever having been applied. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

.. just found out Announcement section can Add Tags, too.. not sure if it was intended or a miss..

@CanadianPerson0 wrote:

set up a an alert and/or a data limitation on your cellphone to alert you when your 250 MB is about to be used up and/or limit the data usage to only 250 MB per month if you want to save the 2GB data to be always available to you.

Late to respond, but unfortunately, I don't think iOS has any way of doing a data alert. C'mon Apple. ;/

No, Apple does not have that feature (interestingly Android has it  🙂 )

You might want to download 3rd part app that able to automatically track 30 days cycle that PM uses.  One such app for iOS is My Data Manager

CanadianPerson0
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

set up a an alert and/or a data limitation on your cellphone to alert you when your 250 MB is about to be used up and/or limit the data usage to only 250 MB per month if you want to save the 2GB data to be always available to you.

Late to respond, but unfortunately, I don't think iOS has any way of doing a data alert. C'mon Apple. ;/

@Thimer05 

And of course if you just activated the account in December there was no need to do anything, it will be added automatically soon.

AE_Collector

@Thimer05 

That's a tough one. If you replied YES within the December 1st to 31st time frame and didn't recieve them then you would have a good argument to have them added somehow....but by not replying YES you didn't comply with terms and conditions. I am unsure if they are even available for the CSA's to add after December 31st. You can contact customer support and plead your case. They probably cannot add the international minutes as that is not available at all as a purchaseable add on but they could possibly add an equivalent 2gb data add on and maybe they would give you a $5/500min add on in lieu of the international minutes. But this would be very YMMV if they are willing to do this for you. In past years when customers could add it themselves thru their self serve account once the deadline passed they disappeared and that was it...too bad so sad so to speak. Good luck!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

This promo ended Dec 31, 2021.

You can try create a support ticket to ask CSA for the free data and minutes add-ons.

Good Luck and happy new year!

Thimer05

How do I get this Holiday Reward if I forgot to reply YES???

@naneen1989 wrote:

I replied YES to the message i received that offered  "one-time gift of 2G data and 500 international long distance minutes". 

I don't see the rewards being credited into my account. Can someone help me sort this out ?

Most people here are customers and wouldn't be able to assist with an account issue.  Please go through https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html to open a ticket with a customer support agent.

naneen1989

I replied YES to the message i received that offered  "one-time gift of 2G data and 500 international long distance minutes". 

I don't see the rewards being credited into my account. Can someone help me sort this out ?

Need Help? Let's chat.