Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

@popping  I guess replying to 611 also works? they that "express" lane get you the bonus instantly?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I received my "More is Merrier" add-ons text message from 611 (not 4911) this afternoon.

Thanks PM

rpoolecrsp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Absolutely, Yes!

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious Thanks for the tip about screenshotting my plan details incase it goes into the one time data instead of the 2 GB recurring bonus!

@softech wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@ncdjnguyen wrote:

Hello, I didn’t received the text for holiday bonus of 2 go data and 500 min international talk.

Texted YES to 4911 but it wouldn’t work because I never received the text.

Your solution is here!!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-More-is-Merrier-is-back/m-p/7561...

@CountyDownIeUk  - I really liked the flashy Breaking News report.

And, I tried it on one of my accounts that did not receive the text yet, but to no avail still nada.

So, as computergeek mentioned before, I think PM has to have it logged in their system first, or invited to accept the gifts first, before YES is accepted.

I. Will. Wait. 

esjliv_0-1638999149059.png

@esjliv It's a Game of Patience... 🙂

If a text isn't received, I will go all "Squid Game" on PM.  😎

@esjliv wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@ncdjnguyen wrote:

Hello, I didn’t received the text for holiday bonus of 2 go data and 500 min international talk.

Your solution is here!!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-More-is-Merrier-is-back/m-p/7561...

And, I tried it on one of my accounts that did not receive the text yet, but to no avail still nada.

So, as computergeek mentioned before, I think PM has to have it logged in their system first, or invited to accept the gifts first, before YES is accepted.

I. Will. Wait. 

@esjliv It's a Game of Patience... 🙂

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@ncdjnguyen wrote:

Your solution is here!!

I. Will. Wait. 

@Coffeemonster wrote:

I have the same problem , after reply “Yes” I still have not received the bonus for this year 2021 . I have been waiting for 3 days now.  I still have unused data 2 GB from last year and few minutes LD from last year.  Do I still qualify for this year program .. …?

@Coffeemonster  - yes, most certainly you will quality even if you have unused addons or gifts.

Keep an eye out on your self serve account for the addons. 

I still have not received the text on one of my accounts...and am trying to wait patiently. 🙄

The deal is, if you don't see it after December 15th on your Self Serve contact CSA's...poor CSA's after December 15th. 😯

Coffeemonster
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same problem , after reply “Yes” I still have not received the bonus for this year 2021 . I have been waiting for 3 days now.  I still have unused data 2 GB from last year and few minutes LD from last year.  Do I still qualify for this year program .. …?

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Korth wrote:

@rossputin wrote:

It's a shame you can't block users here.

You can block users here. That is, you can't block them from making posts, you can block their posts from appearing on your screen (when you're logged in). Just click on the offending user profile and click "Ignore".

It seems it only applies to private messages. Thanks anyway.

@vencott wrote:

Where can I call with bonus minutes ?

@vencott 

• International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

@vencott wrote:

• International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

@CandD2685 wrote:

I activated my More is Merrier today. I can see the gifts are on my account . But when I tried to call the USA it said I had used all my minutes? Ideas??

@CandD2685   Have you tried rebooting or toggling airplane mode on/off first?

vencott

@Laura3907 wrote:

I replied *stop* after receiving this SMS message two days ago. I was wrong. Now I change my mind and hope to continue to receive such messages. Can you change the settings for me? Thank you!

Not sure if it'll work...but text YES to 4911. Let us know if it works for you.

edit...here's a link to CSA assistance, if that suggestion failed...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Laura3907

I replied *stop* after receiving this SMS message two days ago. I was wrong. Now I change my mind and hope to continue to receive such messages. Can you change the settings for me? Thank you!

CandD2685

I activated my More is Merrier today. I can see the gifts are on my account . But when I tried to call the USA it said I had used all my minutes? Ideas??

@imisstraveling wrote:

Thanks for your reply. so this 2GB and 500 minutes will be there as long as I dont finish it? 

@imisstraveling   Yes that's how it works.  You use your plan mins/data first and if you've depleted those before your renewal, then the add-ons get accessed until the plan renews and resets everything again. 

Edit:  BTW, the 500 mins is useful for international calls to those countries on the list but can also be used for calls within Canada, although it's probably better to purchase the $5/500 Canada wide mins add-ons if you are on one of the limited mins plan like the $15 plan and keep those free 500 mins for international calls.

imisstraveling

Thanks for the clarification. 

@WRXFiles wrote:

This is awesome - yay!  🙂

But I got the offer, and my wife didn't...  boo...  😞
(our accounts are of the same multi-year age)

Should she just wait, as it may roll in before the 15th?  Or should we ask someone about it?...

Should be notified by SMS text any time between now and Dec 15th. If not by then, just reach out to CSA and they'll make it right for her.

@WRXFiles wrote:

Should she just wait, as it may roll in before the 15th?  Or should we ask someone about it?...

@WRXFiles   Yes, she'll need to be patient as the roll out doesn't complete until the 15th.. 😊

imisstraveling

Thanks for your reply. so this 2GB and 500 minutes will be there as long as I dont finish it? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@imisstraveling 

for more info visit here link,

WRXFiles

@imisstraveling wrote:

What is the validity of add on bonus? Does it expire after a certain time? 

@imisstraveling    All add-ons (except for 10 day US roaming add-ons) don't have an expiry date but will stay on your account until completely depleted.  The other exception is promo bonus data add-ons which might come with particular conditions at time of sign up.

@imisstraveling wrote:

As title says, What is the validity of add on bonus? Does it expire after a certain time or valid till I have the connection? 

You get 2GB of data to use...stays on your account until you use it up. Then there's 500 minutes of International calling...same thing. Stays on your account until you use it up too.

imisstraveling

As title says, What is the validity of add on bonus? Does it expire after a certain time or valid till I have the connection? 

imisstraveling

What is the validity of add on bonus? Does it expire after a certain time? 

@vulch 

New activations will get their holiday add on gifts automatically added to their accounts within 7 days.

The 2GBBONUS recurring plan data will be added to the "my promotions" section of your overview page within 72 hours of activation.

Welcome to public mobile!

@vulch wrote:

Hi i have not received a text for the bonus i just activated my phone  2 days ago

@vulch   It could take 72 hours for new activation.  Wait and other 2 days before you check with PM Support

Need Help? Let's chat.