Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

Winning247
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the offer!

I'm using 2 different PM numbers on the same phone. I got the 2 GB of data and 500 mins on one number but I wasn't able to get it for the second one.

When I type YES, the text says that I reached the max number of purchases allowed. 

How do I get the bonus data and minutes for the second number?

@bluejaywpg @DL888 

That probably sounds easier then it is. The 1GB DATA ADD ON that pm gave every customer that had an active account on August 19th 2019 was automatically added to nearly every customer's account within two weeks and a text was sent out confirming its addition to the customers account. However this promotion is trying to encompass the entire month of December as well as new customers and involves two add on gifts.

The last two years there were complaints that customers were not informed well enough, either didn't know they had to "purchase" the $0 holiday gifted add ons, they couldn't access their self serve accounts to add them or a myriad of other reasons.

I'm sure pm thought this was a good way to both inform the customer and add the holiday add ons to the account similar to the Shaw promotion last year that while not perfect was fairly effective. The roll out isn't as smooth as they obviously wanted it to be but it is what it is.....they can't even do something nice for customers without a bunch of impatient customers who neglect to read even one page of this thread to answer their whines of "What about me?"

Be careful what you wish for....maybe next year pm will decide it's not worth the hassle and the expense and decide good things are best left in threes and make the third annual "More is Merrier" campaign its last. Just like the long gone holiday contests.

@bluejaywpg wrote:

I wonder what would happen if someone texted YES to 4911 even if they hadn't received the text yet...

The customer receives a text message indicating ineligibility for the promotion.

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@DL888 wrote:

Why not just load this on everyone’s account? Weird way to give a gift don’t you think?

That seems way too obvious.  (In other words, I agree - why not just add it???)

bluejaywpg

@Nezgar wrote:

@Alistairm wrote:

Hello, i believe i accidentally erased the text message about the gifts.  Is there a way that i can apply them to my account through the self serve portal?  Or could someone re-send the text message to me? Thanks

Text "YES" to 4911.

I wonder what would happen if someone texted YES to 4911 even if they hadn't received the text yet...

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I haven't gotten any SMS confirmation or the data/minutes added either so not just an isolated problem at least 

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yeah, that would make things a lot easier. 

Nice to see another holiday bonus this year though all the same! 

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@DL888 that would be far less confusing for everyone honestly, they really should do that in the future.

DL888

Why not just load this on everyone’s account? Weird way to give a gift don’t you think?

@Alistairm wrote:

Hello, i believe i accidentally erased the text message about the gifts.  Is there a way that i can apply them to my account through the self serve portal?  Or could someone re-send the text message to me? Thanks

Text "YES" to 4911.

Alistairm

@Dmaestewart wrote:

I received the INTL minutes, but not the 2GB data, even though it said it would be instantly applied. How do I go about getting the extra data added?

Patience. Wait until after the 15th before opening a ticket with customer service.

Dmaestewart
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received the INTL minutes, but not the 2GB data, even though it said it would be instantly applied. How do I go about getting the extra data added?

@BladedThoth   my suggestion is to Wait.

With PM said it clearly between Dec 1 to 15, some will get it early and unfortunately some will be the last team and might not receive until Dec 15.

One thing you don't have to worry about is that this is NOT a while supply last promotion, so you will get it for sure. 

Even they miss you completely,  you can open a ticket with PM and they will for sure give it back to you.

So, no worry.  Good thing will come 

@BladedThoth wrote:

Suggestions?

Patience; It's only the 4th.

@BladedThoth 

Yes as the announcement says on the first page customers will recieve texts between December 1st and 15th.

BladedThoth

3 accounts, 3 lines. Still no text. Is this a rolling launch? (I've gone though quite a few pages and just seeing notice about delay once YES is answered to the text.)

Suggestions?

barndoor

@softech wrote:

Would expect this SMS process to get the bonus is fully automated.  But with the delay, it is obvious that this is handled manually (unless it is automated on an Univac 500  😉  )

So you're suggesting that PM hasn't upgraded to the newer  model yet ? Did @darlicious get the only  upgrade ?

barndoor

@sunflowergarden wrote:

A promo, well a robust well executed and tested promo designed to build loyalty and reward customers should deliver the same experience to or every customer.

The fact that many customers have had different results and success getting the promo added just shows this a a poor implementation.

While that may be the ideal ... keep an eye on the board and the issues that people have through the year  .... they are random  and can be delayed  just like the results here  . This is just PM being consistent  ....being patient and keeping your wits about you regarding your own situation is the best way to keep your sanity here . 😉

Would expect this SMS process to get the bonus is fully automated.  But with the delay, it is obvious that this is handled manually (unless it is automated on an Univac 500  😉  )

With this huge delay, chaos, and big manual labor effort, I don't think we will see this system again unless they have major improvement in this process.

@sunflowergarden wrote:

A promo, well a robust well executed and tested promo designed to build loyalty and reward customers should deliver the same experience to or every customer.

The fact that many customers have had different results and success getting the promo added just shows this a a poor implementation.

Sort of agree and disagree. 

Last year was only found here in the community and by word of mouth. So a lot did not receive. Then the process was easy but misunderstood by many. 

This year a text to all this year was better for all to receive. But the text and the peculiarities of us prepaid bunch has lead to some challenges to patch up for next year as there are a number of us are out of commission for various good reasons to not be able to receive a text. This option made sense to not overload the web site for freebie vs new activations. 

But as usual Jade has been keeping an eye on this thread and has advised what to do if you miss the text for various (valid) reasons. An invalid reason is those that block the texts. 

sunflowergarden

@darlicious wrote:

@leoharvey 

I was told that once the text was sent pm would hold the text message until you powered up your phone. So in theory you can take the sim card out of the ZTE unit and put it in a mobile phone to recieve the text message if has already been sent....in theory.

@CountyDownIeUk and @Nezgar also have pm sim cards in their ZTE units. They can weigh in on their personal possible solutions to this issue.

@leoharvey1 

I have been tracking my calls for my ZTE account and if I see the text from 4911 I will remove the SIM and put it in a phone and send YES to 4911 vs a reply. If does not work I will wait to mid Dec as Jade has asked us to do and then go through a CSA. 

barndoor

Is all this responding and bonus  application being done manually by humans to be so erratic and seemingly random ? 

@sunflowergarden 

Keep in mind CSA's can often be wrong but at the same time oracles are not always right. The intention of pm with this promo was to have the holiday add ons be added to your account shortly after replying YES to the text. Once added pm is to send you a text confirming that they have indeed been added to your account.

Holidays create wishful thinking in all of us.....pm included. I am sure they wished for the "The more is Merrier" holiday add ons were added quickly to all accounts but not all wishes come true.

There have been different answers CSA's have given customers as to fixes or the implementation of this promotion for glitches in its application. The only definitive answer was given by @J_PM to wait until mid month if you have not recieved the text, not recieved a confirmation text that they have been added to your account or not have them added to your account by mid-month to contact customer support. Pm may decide on an alternative method to add them at some time before the 16th...but that is wait and see....

@chad2001 wrote:

@computergeek541 I wouldn't call this a "misinformation".  If you follow the thread, some people got it right away, some don't - after replying to the offer SMS.  If you don't get it right away, which is 3 out of 3 for my family, maybe wait a week or two before reaching out to a CSA.

@sunflowergarden Thanks for the useful info.  I reached out to a CSA before seeing your post, and after a couple of messages exchanged, they applied the bonus items manually to one of my three accounts.  They said I could also create a ticket for the other accounts, but I won't bother.  I'm okay to wait.

I understand that the CSA did ask the customer to wait a few days.  However, the reply from the CSA makes it look as if all customers need to wait until December 8. That isn't the case.

barndoor

@sunflowergarden wrote:

Well it's not in my account so how can it be wrong...

it's not wrong in your world  ...but it is for someone who has received the bonus quickly . 

sunflowergarden

It seems that is the case.

So we have gone from the web site crashing trying to losd the bonus last year. But at least it was instant.

To reply "yes" to a text to get no confirmation back and no instant bonus as implied. The told to wait until December 8th.

I work in marketing and this is a total fail and very poor implementation of a promo.

chad2001

@computergeek541 I wouldn't call this a "misinformation".  If you follow the thread, some people got it right away, some don't - after replying to the offer SMS.  If you don't get it right away, which is 3 out of 3 for my family, maybe wait a week or two before reaching out to a CSA...If you need to use the bonus data/min's right away, you can create a ticket, and it will get addressed within a couple of hours after some account verification steps.

@sunflowergarden Thanks for the useful info.  I reached out to a CSA before seeing your post, and after a couple of messages exchanged, they applied the bonus items manually to one of my three accounts.  They said I could also create a ticket for the other accounts, but I won't bother.  I'm okay to wait.

@sunflowergarden oh, it might take 4 days now from YES reply to seeing the bonus.  Thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.