Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

sunflowergarden
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes opened a ticket and got a reply 30 mins ago. I added the yes today, checked my account and no sign of the promo.

@sunflowergarden so you opened a ticket andS agent replied?  just curious, which day you replied YES?

@dmehandi 

It takes a bit of a learning curve to use the community. Trust me if I can do it...with a lot of help from the community then you can too!

FYI.. if you want to reply to a particular member just tap the "@" key for members usernames to pop up or if hou font see the members name kepp typing it out til it does appear.

sunflowergarden

Ii was told by customer service that it would be showing in my account by December 8th. 

Not brilliant, but I would suggest checking your account. I took a screen shot of my account as reference.

dmehandi

dmehandi

Add $5 to your selves serve account balance and purchase the $5/500min add on. These Canada wide calling minutes cost $0.01/min. The holiday gift add on that can be used to call internationally (up to $0.05/min) or to call the US ($0.15/min) as well as Canada. Since its value is up to $25 You are better off to save it and purchase the much more economical $5/500min add on.

• Only oracles make a guaranteed $20 in community reward and apply or are invited to become an Oracle by pm.
  • The most that a community member can earn each month is $15. Lately that has been a mere 2 members a month....its practically a full time job.
  • To earn $10 it takes several hours a day helping out other customers.
  • $5 can be earned by contributing high quality responses several days a week.
  • $1 or $2 can be earned quite easily by coming to the community several times a month and reading, learning, asking questions, bravoing, getting bravoed, awarding solutions, using the search bar to look for answers and replying to threads that ask your opinion or where you can share your personal experiences.
  • The more you learn about pm and how to manage your self serve account and services the more you will be able to help others possibly earning you a higher community rewards each month.
  • So keep participating and contributing and come the 5th to 7th of January you may see a community reward added to your account.

Welcome to public mobile and welcome to the community! We are always happy to help!

@dmehandi 

Add $5 to your self serve account balance and purchase the $5/500min add on. These Canada wide calling minutes cost $0.01/min. The holiday gift add on that can be used to call internationally (up to $0.05/min) or to call the US ($0.015/min) as well as Canada. Since its value is up to $25 You are better off to save it and purchase the much more economical $5/500min add on.

• Only oracles make a guaranteed $20 in community reward and apply or are invited to become an Oracle by pm.
  • The most that a community member can earn each month is $15. Lately that has been a mere 2 members a month....its practically a full time job.
  • To earn $10 it takes several hours a day helping out other customers.
  • $5 can be earned by contributing high quality responses several days a week.
  • $1 or $2 can be earned quite easily by coming to the community several times a month and reading, learning, asking questions, bravoing, getting bravoed, awarding solutions, using the search bar to look for answers and replying to threads that ask your opinion or where you can share your personal experiences.
  • The more you learn about pm and how to manage your self serve account and services the more you will be able to help others possibly earning you a higher community rewards each month.
  • So keep participating and contributing and come the 5th to 7th of January you may see a community reward added to your account.

Welcome to public mobile and welcome to the community! We are always happy to help!

sunflowergarden

Well it's not in my account so how can it be wrong...

@sunflowergarden wrote:

This is not misinformation, the info was just sent to me by customer service. I am happy if you're got your bonus instantly. I have not, so it's a heads up for anyone but seeing the bonus.

I have no doubt that a CSA told you that.  However, the information isn't accurate.

sunflowergarden

This is not misinformation, the info was just sent to me by customer service. I am happy if you're got your bonus instantly. I have not, so it's a heads up for anyone but seeing the bonus.

sunflowergarden

Yes it seems it's not instant as implied in the text that you receive. I was told it could take up to December 8th to show. 

Running a promotion is great. It backfires when it's not as described or as straight forward. I prefered the old way to load the promo at least it was instant. 

So if your bonus does not show, now you know the status.

@sunflowergarden wrote:

Just been talking to customer service. It seems that you will not see the added Christmas bonuses on your account until December 8th. It's such a shame that they could not send you back a confirmation text after you send "yes". I am okay waiting for the bonuses but they should communicate better on how the promo is added and when. It's really not good to just say "it will be added right away" when obviously it's not....

Unfortunately, more misinformation is being spread.  It is supposed to be added right away, and many have got it right away, although I do understand that many have had difficulty receiving the bonuses. There's no required wait until December 8th to receive the add-ons after replying with the YES message.

dmehandi

I see lol.

How to earn that 1 dollar lol?

dmehandi

ikr

@dmehandi PM uses a secret formula to determine how many awards are given out.  The maximum you can earn is $15 every 30 days.

Based on your level of involvement with our Community, you can earn up to $20 every 30 days. The amount you are rewarded depends on your contribution level relative to overall contribution, which can change month to month even if you contribute very consistently. You can only ever qualify for one (1) Community Reward in a 30-day period, and you must act in accordance with Community Terms of Service at all times. You can read our Community Terms of Service here.The following table shows how Community Rewards are allocated:

Triguy_0-1638656971819.png

@dmehandi only Oracles can make $20 with Community Reward.   Oracles are also customers but they are small group of members that have other duties.

For us , regular members can earn $1, $2, $5 and $10 and $15.  

@dmehandi need to put your expectation down a bit  Some people got the text, replied, and still need to wait 24 hours,  some more than that,  to see the add-on appear on My Account.. (Although,  some said instantly after the text reply.. so, YMMV)

sunflowergarden

Just been talking to customer service. It seems that you will not see the added Christmas bonuses on your account until December 8th. It's such a shame that they could not send you back a confirmation text after you send "yes". I am okay waiting for the bonuses but they should communicate better on how the promo is added and when. It's really not good to just say "it will be added right away" when obviously it's not....

dmehandi

@softech btw do you know how many comments on Community do I need to make to get $20 in my account? I am new to community

dmehandi

yeah, I know I have to be patient. But its not easy...

I just got my minutes finished. the talk-time is over, and I wanted the plan so bad...

anyway, now I have to pay for it. No other options unfortunately...

leoharvey1

Good advice.  I've looked and no text yet.  Thanks!

@leoharvey1 

Please note the correction to my post by @Nezgar above.

BTW...to reply to another member you can tag them by tapping the "@" key for a pop box to appear with members names. If you do not see the member you want to tag just keep typing the username until it pops up.😉

@dmehandi you cannot just send YES to 4911  you have to wait your turn and hence it said you are not eligible... at least not yet!!

no worry,  you will get your turn before Dec 15

Patience is the key..

leoharvey1

Thank you!

dmehandi

I am having same issues. I want to activate the rewards but I did not receive any message yet.

I messaged 491-1 anyway with a "YES", but they said "you are not eligible for this offer."

Any suggestions?

leoharvey1

Thanks!

@Nezgar 

Thanks for the clarification.

@keepasa 

The data speed of add ons mirrors what that data speed is in your plan. If there is no data plan associated to your plan it defaults to full speed 4G LTE data.

@darlicious wrote:

I was told that once the text was sent pm would hold the text message until you powered up your phone. So in theory you can take the sim card out of the ZTE unit and put it in a mobile phone to re sieve the text message if has already been sent....in theory.

@CountyDownIeUk and @Nezgar also have pm sim cards in their ZTE units. They can weigh in on their personal possible solutions to this issue.

Naw, that only applies if a phone is literally off or in airplane mode.. the ZTE device will happily receive and discard any incoming SMS messages. 😆 Basically if you are using one of these, you could just monitor that accounts selfserve for evidence of the incoming message from 4911, and if you see it - then pull the SIM out and temporarily place it into an SMS capable phone to "blindly" send a "YES" message to 4911 and see what you get back.

Or just occasionally try sending "YES" to 4911 pre-emptively anyway and see if you get a confirmation response.

Edit: PS: I have yet to receive the text from PM in both mine and my wife's phones anyway, so you are not the only one who hasn't received the magic text from Public Mobile/4911 yet...

Candiapple
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks so much to Public Mobile" for the "More is Merrier" 2gig, 500min international promotion for this holiday season. 

It's a fine treat -  except that it hasn't been "instantly" applied nor - did I get a "code".  I texted a response of "YES", waited and texted again. Anyone have suggestion on how to solve this.

Candiapple

Need Help? Let's chat.