Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] Latency Impacting My Account & Website

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update: 

We're happy to report that the latency issue has remained stable throughout this Saturday, ensuring smoother experiences for all. Huge thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences with Community. We'll continue to keep you updated with any further developments. 

Public Mobile Team

------------------------------------------------------

Hello Community, 

Due to the overwhelming popularity of our Black Friday Deals, some customers may be experiencing latency issues, leading to login or access challenges in areas of My Account. Rest assured, our teams are working to resolve this and ensure a smooth experience for everyone. 

We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience. We’ll continue to share updates as they become available. Thank you. 

- The Public Mobile Team

136 REPLIES 136

Tobi30
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, I was able to change my plan and got disconnected after 15 minutes waiting to load the change and I have to start over!!!!!!!! I am exhausted!!!!

imdtaurus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was able to change my plan but my two family members are not able to sign up 

Bigpumba

im trying to sign up.. i got to the cc part.. then all froze. no idea if it works, or no? Did I join? Not yet? Can't log with email/pass either

ucpollux68

Please extend the offer as it is impossible to load the current subscription to make any changes due to your system issue. Thanks.

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just managed to schedule a plan change. Watching the circle and dots reminded me of the dial-up days.

MF67

I’m extremely frustrated. I’ve been trying to change my plan for the entire day. I expect the Black Friday deals will be extended until everyone has the opportunity to subscribe. 

Stella12

Not working for me either - boo

Tmoney
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Still not working for me

OrangeYi

I can login and change the plan now. GO GO GO!

Tom_L

Sorry, I misunderstood you, and yes, I can't log in to view my account either.😓

LL11

Please extend the Black Friday offer. Your website is crash and I couldn’t log on my account to subscribe a new plan today.

@Tom_L wrote:

Try it a few times in the app and I hope you can successfully activate it.

@Tom_L , as I have said numerous time… I am not trying to activate. I have been with Public Mobile since 2019 (over 4 years), I know how to use their website & app. However today I have been trying to sign into my account for 10 hours! No luck, it now says down for maintenance!

Have a good night!

GavinB2005

Will they honour the Black Friday deals for existing customers? After Friday! Trying to log in for 5 hours!

Tom_L

Try it a few times in the app and I hope you can successfully activate it.

Tobi30

same😠

Tobi30

same here

I have tried for the last 5 hours, in the website, app and incognito and calling 611 

no luck!!

@Tom_L wrote:

When you encounter lag for a long time, you should try to log out directly and then log in again. This is how I successfully activated it.

@Tom_L , I know how to use the app & website. Ive been with Public Mobile since 2019. I log out. I always use private/incognito mode. I am not trying to activate as per my previous message I am trying to successfully log into my account using every browser I have in private/incognito mode & the app.

It is awesome you were able to however unfortunately many of Us are not able to! 😞 

ToniCipriani85

Think that was a reply to someone calling 611 to pay a bill, not to change plans.

Tom_L

When you encounter lag for a long time, you should try to log out directly and then log in again. This is how I successfully activated it.

@Tom_L wrote:

Use the app to log in. I used the app to successfully activate and use it.

@Tom_L , I have been trying for 10 hours but My Account & Public Mobile app are stuck on loading & never does load! Now all the sudden app & My Account says:

OOPS!

This page is down or unavailable for maintenance. Click below to return to Login Page.

The response I received back from a CS_Agent:

We are aware that there are issues with the website and the access to the self-serve profile.

That is due to the launch of the new plans.

The Tech Team is aware of the issue.

I suggest that you wait until tomorrow and try again.

At the moment, the website has issues due to a high volume of users.

I hope that tomorrow the website is running properly so you can schedule the plan change.”

saje_ward
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Who did you call? Public Mobile doesn't have a Customer Service phone line for plan sign ups 

Tom_L

Use the app to log in. I used the app to successfully activate and use it.

@Tom_L wrote:

After trying several times, I succeeded step by step.

@Tom_L , I have been trying for 10 hours using the app & all web browsers in private/incognito mode! Now the last few minutes all says :

OOPS!

This page is down or unavailable for maintenance. Click below to return to Login Page.

Tom_L

After trying several times, I succeeded step by step.

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Classic Public Mobile

Tobi30

thank you for the update. are you keeping this promotion plan over the next couple of days so customers can buy it?

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When I call, it gives me an option to 'Buy an Add-on', by pressing '2'.

ToniCipriani85

"You get what you pay for."

- Telus execs, probably

famulan1st

*611 only for payment and account inquiry only.

SlickVic

How much bill credit will we be getting to stay as customers?

Need Help? Let's chat.