Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] Latency Impacting My Account & Website

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update: 

We're happy to report that the latency issue has remained stable throughout this Saturday, ensuring smoother experiences for all. Huge thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences with Community. We'll continue to keep you updated with any further developments. 

Public Mobile Team

------------------------------------------------------

Hello Community, 

Due to the overwhelming popularity of our Black Friday Deals, some customers may be experiencing latency issues, leading to login or access challenges in areas of My Account. Rest assured, our teams are working to resolve this and ensure a smooth experience for everyone. 

We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience. We’ll continue to share updates as they become available. Thank you. 

- The Public Mobile Team

136 REPLIES 136

Norbert19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Mabey on Boxing day

famulan1st
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, I have been trying since 3 PM and 7 hours later still unable to change plan.  Making me want to change to another company!!!

SlickVic

Someone needs to be fired already for this ghetto service.

How do you not have proper load balancing in place on a website you know is going to expect a surge on Black Friday.

This is unacceptable and pathetic for 2023.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sherel Have you tried Dialing 611 to Purchase it?

r4qh

As many have already expressed/asked for, hope the BF promo will be offered and/or extended when it all get fixed since it's impossible to get in at all and change our plans.

Spent the last hours trying to get in...

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The home page says "Don't sleep on this one". Who does this apply to?

ToniCipriani85

You might want to DM @CS_Agent  to help you sort it out in the meantime.

AustinCantLogin

I am trying to upgrade my subscription to a Black Friday deal and cannot log in to do so... Will people like me be able to update their subscriptions tomorrow? I've been trying to login for 5 hours now and I still can't do it 😕 

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Still down. When does the black friday promo plans end?

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just be patient as not much it can be done. This is probably one of the busiest times I've seen here at PM. 

Johnpaul1205

What is the time frame for the fix? I cannot pay my bill and my service is suspended. 

Johnpaul1205

What is the time frame for the fix? I cannot pay my bill and my service is suspended. 

Sherel

Am trying to do an add on for travel but can not login. What do I do?

ToniCipriani85

Well they KNOW what the problem will be fixed by either:
- Them not offering the plan anymore, so no one will try to log on and change their plan, or
- Announcing they are extending the promo so people don't cram onto the site at once.

deltatux

@alexs20, well looks like they may have put it to maintenance or it just purely completely crashed lol.

deltatux_0-1700881819098.png

alexs20

@deltatux LOL, everybody know that the system is down completely, and down for all customers, but they keep repeating - "some customers may be experiencing latency issues", LOL, latency issues.. latency issues is when it is lsow, but works, but this is not the case.. they believe that if they say that many times the system will heal itself magically... amazing.

deltatux

@J_PM& @CS_Agent honestly I think you guys need to put the My Account & subscription sections into maintenance so the deluge isn't causing a denial of service.

After that, extend the promo and sort this crap out. This is very poor customer experience, at least putting the site into maintenance allows your teams to work the problem. The system is effectively down for everyone right now. Putting the site into maintenance mode gives the tech team some breathing room.

EDIT: Honestly to stop people from constantly DoSing the system is to ensure the promo is for at least this weekend & let everyone know that to spread the load.

Ritac7

@J_PM Can you please confirm the deal will still be valid tomorrow or whenever you fix the issue? Everyone is wondering. I’d love to stay with PM but there are many other carriers with similar Black Friday offers. 

egap1616

I've spent 3 hours trying to login.... maybe post a technical error notice on the main website :). 

deltatux

Guess you got lucky, for me, it just timed out and then showed the login screen instead.

geogolem

ya.. they should show you what its going to change to .. so that you can be sure... 

Scooterman

same to exactly to me aswell. i got charged twice, and now I'm trying to make a ticket but I can't because the myaccount.publicmobile is down for me

Chloe143

think I got my plan changed. At least it's showing that, on renewal, I have a new plan change but I cannot see what it actually is 🙄

saje_ward

I'm another one of the unlucky folks trying to change my plan here. PM, could you please at least commit to extending this plan for long enough for us to get signed up? This current "wait and see" approach, with so many other carriers offering great deals, just doesn't work.

Markymark1

Also stuck. Trying to switch to today’s black friday deal $34/mth with 40gb of “5G speed”. Everything is too slow.

PublicAro

After a lot of trouble I was able to submit my payment and register my new subscription.... and then I got an error saying payment went through (I see that at my bank) but for some reason the account wasn't set up. Is this going to be resolved?

talpmcan

Let's have a moment to think about that poor database being hammered like a dead donkey and throwing all sorts of errors.

Tried to access since mid day and no luck. Sometimes it goes through but through errors everywhere or just get a forbidden access, so sad.

Mumbly29

it stayed at the loading screen for a few mins and then went through.

@deltatux wrote:

No joy here, was able to go to the subscription change screen but when I press the button to finalize the change, it's stuck on the loading...

@deltatux , that’s what happened to me over 7 hours ago! 😢 So, I keep checking but will update once I can!

deltatux

No joy here, was able to go to the subscription change screen but when I press the button to finalize the change, it's stuck on the loading...

Need Help? Let's chat.