Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,538 REPLIES 5,538

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@softech  Ah, good to know. I just got “pointed” so I was basing that on what I’ve read from several other posters. Thanks for the clarification. I guess another example of the quality of PM communications because “5% of every dollar spent” applied to your case of spending $0 dollars would certainly suggest no points back (ie 5% of zero is zero)

@RetiredGuy1 

it is 5% back in points for you plan price. 

I used my rewards in available funds to pay for my renewal, $0 spent, and I still get  5% back in points on my full plan price 

RetiredGuy1

@Dunkman I wouldn’t describe the 5% points back as bonus points since its a fixed feature of the Points Program and, for clarity, it should be stated its 5% back on every dollar actually spent (ie. net of any rewards applied towards plan cost)

@Benfica71 wrote:

So I was just changed over to Public Points.  All I have is 5 Welcome Points.  Do we get any Loyalty points for all the years we have been with PM?

@Benfica71 @golfball 

Public removed the one time loyalty point bonus about 1-2 days before the official announcement of the migration to the points system about 2 months ago.  Lots of regulars including oracles complained about this move, but no response from PM management.  

Don't expect the one point/one month with PM loyalty point bonus.  Just the 5 welcome bonus points, once a year 10 loyalty points on your anniversary date of sign up, monthly 5% back in bonus points and any friend referrals (as monthly friend reward points).  Need to convert 15 points to $15 billing credit. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Officially been converted to the inferior Points rewards today and was reading the so called finer print regarding the rules of the new points rewards and noticed couple of things. 

First is the proviso under Points Expiration that starts with "Currently" (don't know if this proviso is a recent addition to the rules or not).   So PM (Telus) are covering themselves to allow for future changes to the expiration date which we know will happen (based on their recent direction) and would, therefore, suggest that everyone immediately redeem their points as soon as they've accumulated 15 points.

The second noticeable item which is another of PM's ongoing inability to clean up the language regarding features once they've changed them which affects the add-ons, specifically data add-on.  In this instance, again, the terms of data add-ons conflict with their new policy of data add-ons having 30 day expiration timeline.   A policy which has been in effect for almost a whole year I believe as their conditions state, barring roaming, "data and minutes add-ons will remain on your account until fully used,".   There is a link which takes you to a new page that mentions the 30 day expiration for data add-on, however, IMO this is, again, another sloppy miscommunication specialty of PM's ongoing confusing messaging all over their website.

Here's the terms and conditions I'm referring to as of today, which no doubt will be updated sometime soon I suppose:

dabr_0-1714767928802.png

golfball
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Dunkman wrote:

@golfball wrote:

My account has already switched to points not long after midnight. My points balance is 0... guess we're not getting any loyalty bonus.

@golfball 

You should receive the welcome 5 points within 1-2 days of migration to points system.  It takes that amount of time for PM to complete the full conversion.   

The 5 welcome points did appear. I was hoping to get the 1 point for every month we've been with PM that existed right before this announcement but it's officially been removed it seems, which they never confirmed.

Benfica71
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

From what I see the Points options suck.  If you use points to buy extra data, its time stamped.  You can't keep the Data until it runs out.

HI @Benfica71 

unfortunately change to rewards system is always like this, customer loss.  The $7 from loyalty and autopay will be gone.  You will still keep the friend referrals, but given in points, and you will get the 5% from spending only.

El_Gato
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You just have to wait a few days and all your old rewards will show as points. If you had auto pay you will no longer get the $2 or 2 points.  

ATHENS

@Benfica71 wrote:

So I was just changed over to Public Points.  All I have is 5 Welcome Points.  Do we get any Loyalty points for all the years we have been with PM?

Same here - I did post the following.

While on the legacy plan, each month $8 discounts were applied. Was just switched to points and all my rewards are gone and now the only rewards shown is the 5 point welcome to points reward.

Benfica71

dudesbot

Hi All,

First of all, congratulations on 5,000+ posts and 260,000+ views. We've made our voice heard and PM cannot deny it. 

Unfortunately, May has arrived and PM still has failed to make any statement outside CCTS responses. PM has the worst corporate communication I've ever seen!

Would our only recourse now be to port out? I assume any credits we have remaining from our account would be lost in the move.

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@DP6 - They mainly didn't do 30 days notice, the ONLY notice of 30 days was on this forum which was a little less than 2 months ago.

Then they sent an SMS talking about it on the 15th of April. So everyone should be moved if they hadn't posted yet here on the 15th of May. So Public Mobile, you are violating your OWN TOS!!!

DP6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That Public Mobile advertised their old legacy rewards program as "available as long as I was an active Public Mobile customer on the account", with tenure and rewards tied to that account. They've now changed the contract significantly in their favour, with a large impact on the billing.

Public mobile objected, saying they provided 30 days notice so they can do what they want.

CCTS rejected their objection saying that contract changes fall under their review and purview.

I'm not saying that I'm going to get what I want (old rewards to stay), but so far they seem to be taking the complaint seriously.

G_Pomzz

What was your complaint about?

DP6

For what it's worth, who ever is interested, my CCTS complaint is moving forward to discussions with a mediator. Public mobile tried to object to my complaint, but CCTS overruled their complaint.

Who knows what the end result will be, but I am making progress.

Rolln

Will my monthly amount remain under $20and will I be able to prepay for my time used on Public Mobile!!! These are the reasons I switch to public mobile all those year back !! I am not interested in points to redeem anything or rewards for any reason .. I have simple needs so why are you forcing me into a contest to buy **bleep** when it’s NOY the reason I joined Public Mobile!! 2 things that I need in my life so can your points and redeemable reeards guarantee me these / very important things that I require from your telephone service ,… I didn’t join your company for a watered down version of a trip to Vegas and quite literally I’m offended that you’ve handed me this but one more stressful situation in this already dark world that seems to be this human race!! Pkease let the ones that want to play your little game and let the rest of us have what paid into your company in the first place!!! 

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@David881 wrote:

How do I decline the update to the new reward points system. I never agreed to it. 

@David881 - You cannot. Public Mobile gave you a SMS telling you about the change. Public Mobile has a TOS that they can change anything like prices. / changing rewards systems but they will need to give 30 days notice (Which they somewhat followed with this community announcement and a little bit with the SMS they sent out)

David881

How do I decline the update to the new reward points system. I never agreed to it. 

SeniorCitizen

@fixin1 wrote:

@SeniorCitizen - Public Mobile has a PLMN of TELUS's. Before when PC Mobile PostPaid closed up from TELUS it moved to Koodo and all of TELUS subsidiaries are on PLMN 302 220, 221, or 222.

Bell is on 302 250 as well as some others. That includes the prepaid arm of PC Mobile and No Name Mobile.

So both Bell and TELUS have negotiations to share their networks (Except in Winnipeg and Brandon) so you will see Bell's PLMN and name in a fleet of TELUS towers. Same goes for TELUS's PLMN name and in a fleet of Bell towers.

@fixin1 Thanks for the information. Not sure why you are telling me that. Nor am I going to suggest that yiu read back and see why, what I said. This should be directed to @Chalupa_Batman 

@El_Gato wrote:

Just checked my account (may2) and it still shows dollar rewards to be applied at next renewal. 

@El_Gato 

Public mobile is going to do the migration from legacy to points rewards by batches of customers.  Should be completed by third week of May.  

Daiheadjai1

Take a look at Fizz Mobile and see if your area is covered. 

$22 for 10gb data, and the signal is considerably better than what I had with PM (despite the towers being in the same building across the street). 

With PM, I couldn't get reliable signals inside my condo. 

@RetiredGuy1 wrote:

@El_Gato wrote:

Just checked my account (may2) and it still shows dollar rewards to be applied at next renewal. 

I just tried to log onto the PM app (iOS) and got a pop-up telling me an app update was available. Downloaded it and saw my rewards now show 5 welcome points only (I have no referrals) so I’ve officially been “pointed”. I feel so dirty…

@RetiredGuy1 I just got the same update on android on one phone but not the other one. In any case, I have not been a pointed on either plan yet. On a side note the new update seems to have gone backwards in speed.

fillione

@hTideGnow sorry, the correct answer was PM originally offered us 1 point per month of service. 

But thanks anyways.

PS: I understand what you're saying, and agree, but that wasn't the question.

RetiredGuy1

@El_Gato wrote:

How is this better than the PM $19 plan?

Depends how you look at it. PM is “better” by providing 3GB instead of no names 2GB at the same price point of $19. However, you need to commit to a 90-day subscription with PM for that vs. monthly with no name.

JennalynnFlesch

It isn't.

El_Gato
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

How is this better than the PM $19 plan?

RetiredGuy1

@El_Gato wrote:

I just tried to log onto the PM app (iOS) and got a pop-up telling me an app update was available. Downloaded it and saw my rewards now show 5 welcome points only (I have no referrals) so I’ve officially been “pointed”. I feel so dirty…

Need Help? Let's chat.