Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,559 REPLIES 5,559

HI @pm-smayer97 

from the couple replies, look like not many good news

but I am think some got a one time credit to settle the case , i think @Chalupa_Batman  has a "good deal" out of it

Also, I think @Wolfcore and possibly @RetiredGuy1 got something out of it too 

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

So, after all this, did anyone ever get a positive result by going to the CCTS? I know that they took on many cases if presented correctly, which cost PM each time, but what was the outcome?

@markmitsu wrote:

It seems the points can’t auto redeem 

They have to be redeemed manually each time.

markmitsu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It seems the points can’t auto redeem 

Lucster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@hTideGnow wrote:

hi @Lucsterhonest I am not surprised the complains were closed.  We don't like change, but this is not evena price.  And truth is  PM really has the right to change rewards program.  More like consumers just focusing on the wallet and ignored the fact

I understand and respect PM's right to run their business anyway they want (It's their prerogative).  As a consumer, I feel uneasy when a rewards program that motivated to try PM in the first place are replaced by a less attractive option.  I also dislike being disrespected and feed propaganda attempting to convince me and everyone else  the new rewards are much better (If they are much better, I'll figure it out on my own).  Such actions would make me distrust any company.  My wallet is not the only consideration when choosing a business. 

Status: 3 lines ported out and 3 more to go. Next one will be ported out in 2 days.

PS:  I received an email from PM today with the subject "We’re prepared to win you back with this special offer".  I opened the email, scrolled all the way down and clicked the unsubscribe link :-). When I leave, I do not go back.

ren_hoek

Total downgrade. Used up almost all my points for a free months that ends in 2 days, and almost all my accumulated data and hours. Just ported out my phone # for a better and cheaper plan... Public Mobile can kiss my ...

hi @Jreh87 don't leave yet, redeem the rewards first

you probably using the rewards link from the popup when you login , go to rewards directly here
https://myrewards.publicmobile.ca/

but you have 3 accounts, so browser cache might be a problem.  So, use Incognito/private secret mode to login 

Jreh87

I’m looking to port our 3 PM lines too. Hilarious thing is I log in and go to the rewards page and nothing loads. Roll FY to PM and Telus. Sayonara. 

hi @Lucsterhonest I am not surprised the complains were closed.  We don't like change, but this is not evena price.  And truth is  PM really has the right to change rewards program.  More like consumers just focusing on the wallet and ignored the fact

Lucster

Well my case at CCTS was closed without any offer from PM so migrating to a new mobile provide has started.  2 line have been ported.  Only 4 lines to go.  So long PM.  I won't miss you.

How come the number of posts keeps going down? (rhetorical question)

Random_Guy

One way to reduce the monthly payment is to accumulate many points then redeem them as credit in a batch. This should help to reduce the following monthly payment.

Sky999

I looked and thete doesn't appear to be. It's a time consuming lesson- if you  desire/require an inexpensive, flexible provider, this is it. Unless you bundle with yiur internet provider- then, it can be a lot less and you can add a new phone too.  🙂 

HI @Dbl_cheese_burg 

if you compare the old days of great rewards, it is much worse

but if you relax and look around, PM's has plan pretty much same price as other Tier 3 and either Tier 2 carriers, so price is still very competitive.  And then you save at least 5%. So, you are still saving by staying.  So, why leave?

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Dbl_cheese_burg wrote:

Just wondering how many out there are considering leaving PM & going to another carrier because of being forced to switch to the new points based system? Do you generally think this new system is a downgrade compared to how it was before?

It’s definitely a downgrade and some customers have left because of it. But, like myself, I believe most have stayed and new customers are signing up every day. Anyone who became a PM customer after January 2022 has been on the Points system anyway so the change in rewards didn’t affect them.

Dbl_cheese_burg

Just wondering how many out there are considering leaving PM & going to another carrier because of being forced to switch to the new points based system? Do you generally think this new system is a downgrade compared to how it was before?

Dodger4yu

That would be a feature. 

MisterTommo

Maybe they should add this feature though. And it'd be great to not have to accumulate so many points to spend them. I'd rather just take off money from my bill as soon ad I have any points at all.

Dodger4yu

thank you

@Dodger4yu wrote:

I haven’t found a way. You can apply it each time to the future bill, but I haven’t found a way to apply all future credits to my bill. 

There isn't any way to do that.  The points have to redeemed manually each time.

Dodger4yu

I haven’t found a way. You can apply it each time to the future bill, but I haven’t found a way to apply all future credits to my bill. 

MisterTommo

Can you add a way to just automatically apply bill credit monthly? I don't want to log in and manually spend points every 3 months to get $15 off. 

Dbrace1

My sentiments as well! Looking elsewhere….Public let me down!

Sky999

Yes, it's strikingly expensive now. I'm off to Videotron this afternoon, to look at their bundle offers, bc they're my internet provider.

Altt

Incredibly disappointed. Didn't notice until now my bill went up after loosing my rewards. I just need the most basic plan and $9.00 a month was absolutely incredible. Now its $16.95 after tax. Really wish I had an alternative because I'd have left the moment I lost those.

@Suee wrote:

I want to know why would this bonus data expire? It seems Not fair to hagecollected for years ?

Bonus data add-ons aren't rewards.  Add-ons that don't already have an expiry date set on them will remain on your account until used up.

Suee

I want to know why would this bonus data expire? It seems Not fair to hagecollected for years ?

Scallywag

Count me as another customer who has switched to another carrier. I live in a rural area and rely heavily on cell data. My 240gb bonus data ran out. But since your system used our regular plan data first, and you gave no warning that the bonus data was running out, I was left VERY frustrated. Oh, and to show your appreciation for my years of loyalty to your company, you offered to sell me 4gb of data for $40 to carry me over till my monthly auto-renewal. This on top of my plan increasing by $10/month. Goodbye PM.

Two-Stepper

I agree. I also switched to a newer plantthat gave me more than I had been getting for less than I had been paying.

vitm

Interesting move...
Well, I understand that PM is trying to make some money and inflation is not kind to PB either... 
Anyway, while I was poking around on my profile page I noticed that I had the option to switch from my 25/mth plan to 19/month and 23/per month.. I selected the option to switch to 23$ plan and have 6GB at 4G and unlimited calls, even though it says new activations only. Somewhere in the messages here, I saw a message that some promotions could be targeted to specific accounts. I don't know if I could be the one.
After confirming the switch on my next billing date I don't see such plans anymore in the plans list...
Good thing I took screenshots, so these:

vitm_0-1723321200810.pngvitm_1-1723321205704.png

Maybe you can see similar options in your profile. In this case, it makes sense to stay with PM.

sparkspark

I went from $28 to $38 on my monthly bill. I only noticed by chance today, seems the last 3 months I've paid what used to be 4 months of service. That's a greedy move. The only notice was a text message saying "we're so excited that you're joining Public Points!" no indication that my bill would be increasing substantially.

Need Help? Let's chat.