Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,596 REPLIES 5,596

Pelbaxdar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What are you talking about? I signed up for Freedom Mobile yesterday and am paying the same for the same service as PM now that my rebates have been taken away by PM. Plus, I now will have wifi calling. I'm not saving money by switching but it isn't costing me more either. I'm certainly not switching to a lesser plan with PM to "break even". It's easy to switch and PM shows no loyalty to long time customers so why stay?

Pelbaxdar

Which amounts to exactly the same thing. Paying more out of pocket for the same service. 

Pelbaxdar

Same here. Customer since 2016 and referred many friends and family to PM over the years based on the previous rebate scheme. With that gone so am I. 

HI @Cheefster 

yes, that bonus will be gone if you downgrade your plan

But you have a $25 -1GB plan now, better to switch to the $19/1GB to get the $6 saving back. 

Also, your bonus is now down to 55 days left.  If you choose Change on Renewal to change to $19 plan, by the time your cycle ends, it might be just 30 days left for the bonus data, you didn't lose much

(don't wait and change plan later, we don't know how long the $19/1GB plan is here for existing subscribers)

Simon24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As I know, downgrade subscription plans will remove your Loyalty Bonus 30GB.  Perhaps, you may consider to port out to other providers to have data at a lower price.

Cheefster

Does anyone know whether switching subscription plans will remove existing bonus add-ons? In my case, I have been a PM subscriber for many years, and have accumulated many bonus add-ons, including the 30GB "loyalty-bonus" for the forced switched to the new PM points system. Is this promotion some veiled way for PM to remove legacy bonuses (I am weary of these clawbacks given how PM has forced the transition to the new points system, which was actually a veiled way to increase prices).Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 11.04.14.jpg

@wendywu20201 

@wendywu20201 wrote:

I message your custom service too many time. before I have $5 reward in my account . you give me 10 points for anniversary . but I lose all my reward  after I chang my plan from $25 3G to $29 4G 40GB.  nobody sovlent this problem.

Unfortunately, customer service agent can't help with the mandatory switch from legacy to points rewards system that happened in May.  Most legacy customers are paying more with the new points system since we lost the monthly autopay ($2) and loyalty (up to $5) rewards.  

The $29 plan for 40 GB LTE is a decent deal (even without monthly rewards).  However, if cost is the biggest factor, as mention in the previous posts, you can consider switching to the unadvertised $19 plan for 1GB LTE data.  This plan is available via your self service account.  If you don't use that much data, then $19 plan makes sense especially for old $25 1GB 3G data customers. 

rob3344

Ported out. Thanks Public Mobile for killing what made you the best.

HI @rogue17a 

just login My Account, click Change Subscription and you will see the $19 plan there

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@rogue17a Log into your account. If using a browser, choose Change Subscription and you should see the various plan options available to current subscribers including the $19 1GB 4G plan. If using the app, choose Manage Subscription > Change Subscription to see the plan options. If making a change, choose “Change on Renewal” because PM does not pro-rate plans so you will not be reimbursed for whatever is remaining on your current plan.

IMG_0683.jpeg

Bottomshelf

Check your subscription account in the app or your online account.

I switched my spouse over from the $25 to the $19 plan.

wendywu20201

I message your custom service too many time. before I have $5 reward in my account . you give me 10 points for anniversary . but I lose all my reward  after I chang my plan from $25 3G to $29 4G 40GB.  nobody sovlent this problem.

rogue17a

I don't see a $19 plan. Was paying $21 with the old reward plan, Now paying north of $28

marcnoel

I encountered the reverse problem.  AutoPay was enabled, but nothing charged, so my service was suspended briefly.  After that, I just top up the account manually, but still got the AutoPay discount (until the switch to Points, as we all know).

wilsonn

Change on Renewal. Yes I did. Speed means little to me. I rarely need to use data. 

HI @wilsonn 

happy that you now got the savings back!!! (and you used Change on Renewal , right?)

the good news with the $19 plan is it is on 4G and no longer 3G, so you get better speed too and cheaper

wilsonn

I went back and looked at subscriptions and did change to the $19 plan. Thanks for the info Mayor. I'm a little happier now but still bent about the lack of communication. It's very suspicious that they quit sending me sms notifications about my bills after transitioning to the new system. One of the dangers with autopay is they can charge you whatever they want and one better be checking their statements. Normally, I never use auto-pay with credit cards and *especially* not banks. I could tell you a horror story about Bell. 

@wilsonn wrote:

Now they are charging me 28 bucks a month per phone when I was paying a lot less. 

HI @wilsonn 

do you have the $25-1GB plan? if you are, then the change in fact has no effect to you

There is current a $19-1GB plan, same as your $25 plan.  You can therefore change to that plan for lower the price to make up the rewards lost (the lost of $2 autopay + $5 loyalty).  Login My Account and schedule the plan change

if you also have friend referrals, they are still there, you are getting points now instead of rewards.  With the points, you can redeem for $15 bill credit whenever you get 15 points

gracezhang520

Yes, I found no autopayment discount $2 since this month. 

wilsonn

I was wondering why I wasn't getting sms messages about my bill payments anymore. Now I know why. Now they are charging me 28 bucks a month per phone when I was paying a lot less. Yes, I got the points notice and should have known it was going to be a rip-off. So this is the thanks you get for being a loyal customer for years. Now I have to deal with telus(again)regarding my home services bill. Every month its different despite the "agreement". Gawd I'm tired of dealing with this company.

marcnoel

The PM plan price didn't change.  The discounts did.

marcnoel

If you are still getting a referral, then that should be one Point per month, plus 5% of what you pay in Points back, and you will get 10 Points on your anniversary.  If you're getting .75 Points for 5% back, then it appears you're on a $ 15.00 plan.  All totalled, you should get an average of 2.58 Points per month, which is $ 3.42 less than what you were getting before.

Dagster

Who are kidding my bill before the changes was 8 dollars month and same plan cost 16 dollars. As fare as the points I don't have enough to save 1 dollars even. Nothing else has changed accept the rewards are wort alot less. My plan currently is 15.00 dollars a month but after the rewards it was 8 dollars. As your points are almost worthless as I said before I can't even get a doller off it will take several  months to get  anything off. It's ridiculous if you think it is only difference is the customer gets to apply the points. I'm sure  it cost money putting this program together but it was done for the extra money Public mobile  could make.  Just admit it otherwise wise fix the  points system to make it a more fare system for the customers. Otherwise I'm sure more customers will leave. Public Mobile was or use to be the best price plans not anymore. 

Robw1756

I previously got $2 off for auto-pay, $3 off for duration with Public and $1 off for referral, total of $6 off per month. I now get 1.75 points per month, which I assume is $1.75 on rewards. Time to switch I guess

marcnoel

Whatever you had to pay after any Rewards or Points will get you 5% back.  You will also get 10 Points on your anniversary date.  If you had referrals or Community Rewards, check your Rewards page.  They should be there, but in Points form now.  Once you reach 15, you can redeem them towards your bill.  It may be that you haven't lost much.  It's just that you have to manually apply the Points to your bill now, vs. Rewards being automatically deducted before.

Robw1756

I concur, my cost near doubled

Fredthedog1

Ya the data offer with an expiring date was a joke. It also sucks to have total cost go up . However , for me i’m not going  to leave and pay more for less . If you find a plan that is cheaper than PM please provide details so that we also can consider it . So far no one that has said they are leaving has been able to .

Dagster

Fancy double talk plan cost double what I used to. The rewards you have to collect to get the same monthly discount is practically impossible. I waited just to see how the changes would effect the monthly bill. I'm not happy at all. Checking plans with other providers and will be leaving Public Mobile very soon.  This was totally unfair I get you weren't making enough as a company but this is unreasonable. The offer you gave to loyal customer was not fair then to have  a time limit on them youse or they expire. Is shameful and shows Public Mobile does not care enough about losing customers. 

marcnoel

The other thing is... you may not use much data NOW, but who knows what the future holds?  Better to have too much, vs. not enough.  If it ends up being a small enough price increase, it may be worth it to know you have access to extra data.

I am on the cusp of data usage that sits between plan offerings, and, currently, my only lower data option is 1 GB, vs. 20 now, so, it is worth the extra $ 6.00/month to have access to the extra 19 GB.

marcnoel

I agree.  You previously commented that the offer said it would start on your re-newal date, so that tells me you could cancel the change, if necessary.  Please keep us apprised.

Need Help? Let's chat.