Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,284 REPLIES 5,284

BainTrain55
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It took 3 days for a CS agent to respond to a inquiry of mine thank god I wasnt getting hacked at the time. This is the service they are providing while now charging me an extra 150% a month. Thanks again PM for giving me more of a reason to leave.

marcnoel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It would be very much appreciated if you would show us how you arrived at $ 6.78 a month in increased cost.  Your comment about a 75¢ reward indicates you are on a $ 15.00 plan.  That is $ 1.25 less than the $ 2.00 AutoPay.  If you have been getting $ 60.00 a year for loyalty ($ 5.00/month x 12), and are now getting $ 10.00, that's $ 50.00 less per year, or $ 4.17 a month.  Total is $ 5.42 per month ($ 1.25 + $ 4.17); with taxes, $ 6.07.  Referrals and Community remain the same.

?

golfball

@IzzyK wrote:

How do we close this thread? I still think public Mobile is the best deal for Canada USA plan. 

It's too early to close this thread. There are still many customers unaware of the changes that may not have seen it yet.

Upset1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So with your new program instead of paying $10.17 a month for the same service I will be paying $16.95. The rewards on this amount is 75 cents if I understand. You are taking away my loyalty discount and my discount for automatic pay. I arrived at $10.17 for being with you for many years and receiving a small discount off my bill. I am upset with your company. We were told that you would keep the $2 off for auto payment. Seeing my bill that is not so. Now you want me to pay $6.78 more a month for same service. I am a senior. You should be ashamed of yourselves of the way you treat customers. I will not refer people to you. Community report this to your local politicians and newspapers and file with the Better Business Bureau. We are not going to take this sitting down.

Stonechucker1

I'm back for the punishment that is Public Mobile.

My wife and I were both fun Koodo and got great plans for $39/month, but I've just ported back today to 250mb plan which renews in a couple's, and I'm going for the $40 75 GB with CAN/US unlimited calling in data usage across North countries.

My legacy rewards from my 2016 were lost when I moved to Tiny mobile, but they almost lost phone number in their stupid way they do port puts.

IzzyK

Thanks for this. I like public Mobile for many years now. 

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@IzzyK - Oracles, PM mods, us normal community members... no. But yes, Public Mobile is tied with Freedom for Canada US plans. Why do I say Freedom? Freedom limits outside of network to Public Mobile's 4G 100mbps speed. While Public has max 250mbps anywhere.

But Freedom has Unlimited Data at reduced speeds on their 5G plans. At 128kbps down and 64kbps up on Nationwide and other Partner networks & 256 kbps down and 128kbps up on the Freedom Network.

IzzyK

How do we close this thread? I still think public Mobile is the best deal for Canada USA plan. 

@Jcpierce wrote:

The new rewards system is **bleep**. Will be jumping ship at nearest opportunity. 

Referred multiple people just before this was announced too. Would have told them to go elsewhere had I known. I'm sure they will be leaving asap too.

Nice work PM! 

@Jcpierce , if you just referred them before this announcement then it won't have any affect on them.  All new accounts as of Jan 2022 have been on the points system.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

rel124c41a

So my loyalty means nothing now? The only reason I chose Public Mobile was for the loyalty rewards and now all I get is this points crap for spending more money. Will not be referring anyone to Public Mobile again. This is a slap in the face to long time customers. 

Lockedoutagain2

Well, if that is the case, I want it too...

It's hard enough to keep up with all this ranting and harping on what ultimately is here to stay, points are taking over as rewards, rather than outright money, they will have a monetary value. I lament as much as anyone else, how this has been handled, since a couple of months shy of ten years,i stand to lose a lot more than just discounts ($9 / month), and that is the trust that a signing cowboy brought up in us while we were on hold, when there was customer service!!!

The total lack of respect is what ails me, loyalty is loyalty and to tie that to how much i am spending per month is nonsense. So after dropping my plan to a basic $15/month in order to make room for this "gift" to reward me, I wound up with no data to even get on here and address the issue. Suffice it to say, my rewards had nothinng to do with community, i was insulted when asked to provide screen shots of the content I had received and being techno fragile, i retorted with pictures of screens that did the job. Held hostage, I had to cough up the "balance" in order to qualify for my so called reward.

colleeno

@Jcpierce wrote:

The new rewards system is **bleep**. Will be jumping ship at nearest opportunity. 

Referred multiple people just before this was announced too. Would have told them to go elsewhere had I known. I'm sure they will be leaving asap too.

Nice work PM! 

The ending of the old Rewards won’t affect anyone who subscribed to Public Mobile after January 2022. They have only known the Points system.

hi @Jcpierce the friend referrals is the best saving this rewards has.  So if you have couple referrals, you already got couple points a month, that's couple dollars.  So, PM might still be the best price after you favor in friend referrals.  Don't leave just because you are upset, do the math first and go with your wallet 

Jcpierce

Nice work PM! 

@canuckyyc wrote:

Also expect this to be deleted as they don't seem to like honest views, so those who see it, enjoy.

HI @canuckyyc 

why you say this?  PM has been good, many offers different views and even other carriers' pricing and all those posts are still here

in fact, PM has been nice, people earn community rewards just by saying how upset they are.  (on this note, congrats to @RetiredGuy1 , @Wolfcore for earning Top 5% and 10% in April!!!)

canuckyyc

ITs isnt the same old same old and move on with it. It is the way it was done with complete disregard to the customers that helped sell it to friends and family to get those referrals and discounts.  In my case, 4 lines, a couple that have the  4-5 year tenure. The original offer to switch to points said in PRINT on the bottom of the offer you would get 1 point for every month you have been with PM. OK fine, I'll change over on the May date.  I changed my account a few weeks early and guess what, I got 5 bonus welcome points. THAT WAS IT. I asked CS about it and the reply was we can do whatever we want, when we want, it is our terms. So because I waited for the cut off date to automatically switch to points, I was in a bait and switch fraud situation? Get 1 year of gas if you buy a car. OK sign me up. Come back a week later to pick up the car, sign the paper work and now the fine print is gone and that's OK with you??  Maybe you need to understand why or where the hate for this is coming from.  Yes they can pull the rug and pull the rewards and sell it as something else. But that tactic is very misleading and almost fraudulent. My other account also 4-5 years switched in May, what did it get? 5 points...  So once my cycles are up, my 4 accounts and the friends and family will leave. Enjoy the churn, PC, Virgin, Lucky all have similar deals now and better referral rates that are applied automatically and I don't need to deal with a company that treats loyal customers like dirt anymore.

Also expect this to be deleted as they don't seem to like honest views, so those who see it, enjoy.

MilesP

I'm very disapointed in the new rewards program. It's a worse deal and a pain to use. The beauty of PM was that the rewards made it a great deal over time. That is over now and I hope I can find another company that offers comparable value to what public mobile used to. Just another company rolling back services to squeeze a little more out of their loyal customers.

@celo247 wrote:

Just received my May bill and it was a  40 percent increase. Lost all my monthly discounts. At a loss on how these behemoth companies get away with it.

HI @celo247 

PM can get away from it because rewards program is optional.  Carriers do not need to give that to customers, and in fact, most do not have any kind of rewards system

@erorr wrote:

Please close this thread. Same comments over and over again with no value added. Move on people.

HI @erorr  I agree people should move on and this thread can be closed. 

celo247

Just received my May bill and it was a  40 percent increase. Lost all my monthly discounts. At a loss on how these behemoth companies get away with it.

erorr

Please close this thread. Same comments over and over again with no value added. Move on people.

Shayne_Cai

Loyalty Disrespected: A Critique of PM's "Point Reward" Policy

In an era where customer loyalty is highly valued, it's disheartening to witness companies implement policies that seem to disregard the dedication of their most loyal patrons. Such is the case with PM's current "Point Reward" policy, which has left many faithful customers feeling undervalued and unappreciated.

For years, customers have invested their time, trust, and resources into PM, believing that their loyalty would be reciprocated in meaningful ways. However, the recent implementation of the "Point Reward" policy has shattered those expectations, replacing genuine appreciation with what can only be described as a mere token gesture.

The premise of the "Point Reward" policy appears promising at first glance – earn points for every transaction and redeem them for rewards. Yet, upon closer inspection, it becomes apparent that the rewards offered are paltry compared to the loyalty demonstrated by customers over the years. What was once a relationship built on mutual respect and trust has been reduced to a transactional exchange, where loyalty is measured in points rather than genuine appreciation.

Furthermore, the earning and redemption criteria for these points are often convoluted and arbitrary, leaving customers feeling frustrated and confused. Instead of feeling rewarded for their loyalty, they are left questioning whether their continued support is truly valued by PM.

It's important for companies to recognize that loyalty is not simply a transactional arrangement but a deeply rooted bond between customer and brand. Customers who choose to remain loyal do so because they believe in the company's values, products, and services. They deserve to be acknowledged and rewarded in a manner that reflects their commitment.

PM must reevaluate its "Point Reward" policy and consider alternative approaches that prioritize genuine appreciation for loyal customers. Whether through exclusive perks, personalized experiences, or meaningful rewards, the focus should be on fostering a sense of belonging and gratitude within the customer base.

In conclusion, PM's current "Point Reward" policy falls short of honoring the loyalty of its customers and instead comes across as an insult to their dedication. It's time for PM to listen to the voices of its loyal patrons and make meaningful changes that reflect their true value to the company. After all, loyalty should never be taken for granted – it should be cherished, celebrated, and reciprocated in kind.

Jaesh88

No, this is why they are changing it.  You will get a decent credit initially applied, but over time it is a massive decrease in rewards

@IzzyK wrote:

Will I still save the equivalent of $8.00 a month? 

@IzzyK 

No, you will not save as much as before with legacy rewards. That is why legacy customers are not happy with the migration.  

No more autopay ($2/month) and loyalty rewards (up to $5/month savings).  Still will receive friend rewards monthly as points.  Need to convert 15 points for $15 billing credit.  

Y4J259
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Looks like I'll be earning 42 points each 30 days, so won't be earning the 5% points back. But I'll have to log in EVERY SINGLE MONTH to cash in as $$$$. So frustrating. Far preferred the auto rewards. So I guess anyone with many referrals will just suck it up and stay with PM. Those with few/no referrals will leave when better plans come up.

anotheran

Yeah if you're on a $40 plan you get $2/month (5%) + have 6 referrals you get $6/month.

You also get $10 every 12 months.... So that's almost like 83 cents/month.

Also even if you do get 8 pts per month, you could only redeem every other month because you need a minimum of 15 points. 

IzzyK

Will I still save the equivalent of $8.00 a month? 

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@colleeno - Extortion for more money is what Public Mobile is doing!

Chalupa_Batman did a CCTS complaint of the extortion issue and they gave back the 240GB on the $15 plan!

Also make a CCTS complaint here: https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/complaint-form/

If you wanna, contact CS_Agent:

Submit a ticket via Chatbot:

fixin1_0-1714960312242.png

If you just want it quick and easy, here it is:

⬇️  Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work correctly OR you don’t have access to Log In, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your community mailbox by clicking this link here: Mailbox

colleeno

It doesn’t matter if you downgrade your plan later or now, the Bonus data that you recently received will be removed.

kmaeyiu7848

Thanks, didn’t know! I should take action sooner then. 

Need Help? Let's chat.