Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,598 REPLIES 5,598

hyper42008
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

looking at this point system  , its not working for me or my wife , we are going to start looking elsewhere , i was 6 a month saving she about the same , now no savings , or every 2 months save a little , not good , time to look elsewhere

darjer_09

Agree! I got a notification say I lost all my past rewards and got 5 points. Not happy being forced in to this change.

RepntbaptizedJC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The new points program is terrible. The old rewards were much better.  

HI @MrG3D in fact, you have no right to stop them from closing the loyalty rewards system.

but you have right to opt out rewards completely, ie, ask them not to enroll you to the points reward system and not give you any points. You just need to submit a ticket for that. 

HI @Stonechucker1 

i don't think they care if you are in Koodo or Telus or PM.  As long as you re not on $15 or $25 plan, they are happy.  🙂

Stonechucker1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@MrG3D , they took away the rewards because they want you to move to a higher platform because public Mobile is so cheap. They want you on koodo or Telus so they can get more money out of you.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@MrG3D wrote:

If they want to keep me as a customer, I have to authorize it.

@MrG3D Unfortunately they don't care if you stay or go. They don't need your permission or authorization to change it. There are 178 pages of pee'd off people just like you. They announced this over 2 months ago and have started moving old rewards accounts to new rewards. Lots of suggestions in all the posts of how to file complaints and where to take your business. Lots of people have apparently already left.

MrG3D

If they want to keep me as a customer, I have to authorize it.

They have no right to "thank" me for switching to their new loyalty plan that I did not switch to and in fact have told them I don't want.  They keep insinuating that this is a good thing for their customers which in fact it is NOT.  It's only good for them.
I have filed a new complaint with CCTS.

Maybe they will start to care when their reputation for caring only for themselves affects their reputation to a point that it will be too late and their company only fades away for lack of caring for their customers or the quality of their services.

PublicEnemyno1

I had maximum loyalty discount for 5+ years as a customer, now I've been reset to ZERO and my bill has gone up? If this isn't corrected by my next bill cycle, I'm done with Public Mobile. Whoever thought of this should be fired.

@MrG3D wrote:

I just received email notice that YOU (Public Mobile) just changed my loyalty plan.  I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THIS.  CHANGE IT BACK.

I only authorize you to change the plan if you give EXACTLY or GREATER value as the previous loyalty plan.  Otherwise, I require you to restore my original loyalty plan.

@MrG3D You don't need to authorize it, they can change the loyalty program whenever they like as they have done.

MrG3D

I just received email notice that YOU (Public Mobile) just changed my loyalty plan.  I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THIS.  CHANGE IT BACK.

I only authorize you to change the plan if you give EXACTLY or GREATER value as the previous loyalty plan.  Otherwise, I require you to restore my original loyalty plan.

HI @SeniorCitizen 

you aware you still get Friend referrals in the new system?  they will be in points and you will still get $100+ worth of rewards monthly.   the lost of $7 is nothing to you.  Afterall, all these extra money will stay in your account and cannot do much else.  With Points, you can actually play those "lottery" jackpot to try to get free phones

and how you can so many referrals?

cprnicus

Because it gives one NO incentive for years of loyalty that gave you a discounted plan before the switch. You get NOTHING for that but increased cost.

El_Gato

That’s my mandate too, absolutely no more referrals….and I have referred at least 100, “

Now that’s AMAZING! So obviously even on the point system with all the points awarded to your plan , you would virtually enjoy free Cell phone service. 

cprnicus

Always has been with Telus. They just won't Tell-us that.

captgrant

I don't care about your points program. The rewards for my years of service serves me better than the fictitious points. You are offering fluff that does nothing 

@najo905 wrote:

I'm seeing people talk of 240 gb bonus data. It seems like mine as well as my brother's loyalty bonus  was only 5 gb/150 days of which I have 90ish left. Why the discrepancy???

@najo905 

Public mobile gave different size data add on depending on your plan price;

$13/15 plan users - 5GB data add on 

$23/$25   - 30GB data add on

$29+ plans - 240 GB data add on

All these bonus add ons will expire in 150 days or if customers downgrade their plan to lower cost. 

NicoArmy

Ah it's 2024, communication as a corporation should be honest. If y'all were losing money on the previous business model, just say so. It's more upsetting to hype up this new points system when it's objectively more expensive for your clients. 

Yatti4201

I have been burning as much data as possible before I move to a different carrier. I made $2 for community participation last month lol. Up from $1 previously. I paid $16 in top up rougly and had the 20gb plan instead of 10gb. I still see my bonus data for now and a ton of other promo data I have. It has been a good run. 

najo905

I'm seeing people talk of 240 gb bonus data. It seems like mine as well as my brother's loyalty bonus  was only 5 gb/150 days of which I have 90ish left. Why the discrepancy???

anotheran

If your plan had data before that wouldn't change. Customer service isn't changing. Only thing changing is that you'll be paying more. 

najo905

So, we lose all the rewards we had? My account switched me to the new points plan and I have no discounts at all amd it looks like no data at all! Will def be searching for a new provider. The whole point of PM was low-cost. Are  they finally going to obe giving us customer service with the rise in fees??? I'd say I know the answer to that.

Edit: upon further checking, I do still have the 250 mb of data...which I will lose if I switch to the new $15 plan. 

OldBenKenobi

There are many reasons why people would choose to spend more elsewhere. Like buying locally sourced items or for environmental reasons. 

In this case this is a trivial expense for me so I am absolutely willing to spend more on my families 6 phones as a matter of principal and have already started browsing competitors plans. In fact I'm so annoyed it will feel good giving Telus's competitors more money to help destroy PM's market share.

Moved:

Posting message for the sole purpose of creating divisiveness/arguments isn't appropriate.

Duuidz

Awesome, I’ll be moving on to a different provider then. It’s all downhill from here folks. They literally just killed the one thing that made them special. I’ll just go to the next provider until they get greedy and then I’ll switch again. No such thing as good service today.

SeniorCitizen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@anotheran wrote:

You get all 9gb at once but that plan is only for new customers

Has any one tried? If you are in $15 plan, they gotcha as if you go back, you will loose data on the new $15. And you might just leave if they won’t accommodate. Then if they won’t accommodate and you really want it, you can’t port within in PM. And let’s say you port out then port back in (that’ll cost you maybe 25 bucks)  you loose all of your paid for and freebie add ons. 

anotheran

You get all 9gb at once but that plan is only for new customers

Need Help? Let's chat.