cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New rewards/old rewards

Wrascal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been a PM client for several years. I was receiving loyalty reductions to my charges. Recently I received a message that said, "Thank you for signing up for the new rewards program." I didn't pay attention, but now I see that I have been charged more this month and I'm not sure what happened.

14 REPLIES 14

Jasonf99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Before they changed the rewards program to make it better, but it's not better for me 1 was paying approximately $117 per year with taxes because of the discounts that I earned..

Now with this better new plan I'm paying $192 approximately per year.

How is this a better rewards plan?

Anyone else seeing this increase as well?

Let me know your thoughts here.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

but you are now clear why, right??

and if you have old $25 plan, you can change to the new $19 to get the savings back. If you are. on the old $35 plan, you can change to the current $29 plan

John_Lemon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same here. I was charged 7$ more this month!

Two-Stepper

Thanks. 
Do you happen to know if I change to a different subscription plan will I lose unused and unexpired data and LD minutes that have been gifted to me over the past few years?

@Two-Stepper wrote:

Will I receive 1 point for the previously existing  referrals?

Yes, that's correct.

Two-Stepper

Thanks!

Two-Stepper

Will I receive 1 point for the previously existing  referrals?

HI @Wrascal 

the system should use that 150 days expiring data first.  if you see it was wrong, ask support to help to fix

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437      

Wrascal

Thanks for that information, softech. I see that now. I notice, though, that that special bonus data rarely gets used because even though I have 30 GB on that offer, they remove data from the other bonus add-ons first. I have another question regarding the data for the plans. When it says that with the plan I have 1 MB, is that over one month or over 90 days? I see in the FAQs that the data is reset every 90 days so does that mean I really only have the data that I am purchasing over 3 months?

@Wrascal you might have some finds in the Available Funds from before so it charged less

BTW, you have a $25 plan, you are lucky you can get some savings.  There is a $19 1Gb plan for existing subscribers. You can login to My Account and go to Change Subscription page and select the plan, choose Change on Renewal and schedule the change.  Basically it is the same $25 plan, but cheaper and you get 4G speed. This plan helps to get back the savings you lost from the change of rewards system 

And you will keep the bonus add-ons you have from previous Christmas. Only one that you might loss is the special 150 days data bonus you got in March 

Wrascal

Ok. I thought it was something like that. The confusing part is that my account says that I have a $25.00 plan, but I was billed $15.75. I am also wondering if I change my plan, do I keep my current add-ons?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Wrascal 

Unfortunately, PM forced everyone to the Points Rewards. You should have 5 points in your account and now you need collect 15 points to redeem $15 credit towards your next bill.

Points is based on 5% of the plan and no points for AutoPay and 1 point/referral.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Wrascal 

you might have missed the announcement back in Match about the rewards system change 

PM retired the old reward system this month (May) and everyone migrated on the new Public Points system. 
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

With this new system, you pay the full amount first (with the Available Funds on your My Account or via your credit/debit card on the system), and hence you see a higher charge now. 
Then PM will give you the points to your point account after renewal within 48 hours.  Once you collected 15 points, you can redeem $15 bill payment yourself to bring the next payment down.  Or you can also use points to buy add-ons with a discounted price

For how to earn points with Public Points,

• you will get the same friend referral, 1 point (= $1) for every referral every month.
  • Instead of $2 autopay, you earn 5% point of your spending in points (plan renewal or add-on purchrases). 
  • Instead of loyalty rewards, you will earn 10 points on your Anniversary date every year 
  • You will still earn Give-Back rewards by participating in the Community. Everyone has a chance to earn  1/2/5/10/15/20 points depends on the overall participation of the month 

I have to admit Public Points rewards is not as good as the Legacy rewards system, but you are still saving money, just in a slower pace 

Here is more information about the rewards system migration:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

Need Help? Let's chat.