Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,486 REPLIES 5,486

ccyl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The original Rewards system is clearly successful, retaining customers and drawing in new ones. The new Public Points system is not comparable in rewarding customers (Loyalty, AutoPay).

I know many customers share the same sentiment, I think it's important we state our dissatisfaction, so that Public Mobile can see the many unhappy LOYAL customers.

NoseyNick1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Another interesting thing about Lucky... NO OVERAGES.

If you run out of your minimal 250MB, "If your usage exceeds the data included in your plan or Add-On, we’ll send you a text message with a link to add a Service Pass should you wish to use more data. You can also continue to use data at reduced speeds of up to 128 Kbps for email, light browsing and messaging at no additional charge once you have exceeded your allotted data"

If 250MB was enough to get you most of the way through a month (like me), then 128kbps might be enough for the last few days anyway? It's better than the olde 56kbps modem days!   😉

In fact... even if you were downloading continuously, that's... like... another 250MB every... 4.5 hours? Did I do my maths right? I feel like I'm never going to need more than the minimum plan, never NEED any top-ups/add-ons/service-passes?

Lucster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@dmc69 wrote:

CCTS accepted my complaint. 

dmc69_0-1712084305369.png

Congrats and keep us posted on the positive news!  Is there a way you could share the complain you submitted so I can submit 6 of them.  Thanks in advance!

Lucster

@d3rdonnergott wrote:

Public Mobile objected to my complaint, but the CCTS objected to their objection. Keep up the pressure! 

Excellent news.  I'm truly happy to read that.  Keep up the pressure and share the outcome of your complain (assuming they do not impose a NDA).

kfc_99

I have a complaint about the forced change from the legacy rewards to public points program. Customers were told that the legacy rewards would continue as long as we were subscribed to Public Mobile. When Public Points were introduced, we were informed that joining was optional. The upcoming mandatory change is not consistent with what was promised in multiple communications from Public Mobile. Please give us a choice of which rewards program to utilize. Thanks.

Wolfcore
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I can name a bunch, but if you just want one, I'll offer up Lucky Mobile. They have arguably the best referral system in the game. For each referral, you and the person you refer, receive $50 ($5 per month, for 10 months). Add in the fact that the person you're referring is also receiving the same $50, all it does is make it even better. PM doesn't even come close to this.

In order to receive $50 from Public Mobile, you'd need to have a referral for over 4 years ($1 per month). You know how long 4 years is? A lot changes in the telecom industry in 4 years. 

TheRockGamers1
  • Screen capture of original email stating moving to new points system is optional verses today's forced move which resulted in $5 to$6 increase per month per cellphone plan.

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Too bad there is no 'thumbs down' option. 

Camera4617

Did you change your phone plan?

@Patrick_PM 

That's really up to you - if you search through this thread, there are certainly lots of examples of prior written 'promises' they've made to Legacy Reward customers stating joining Public Points is optional and so long as you remain active with Public Mobile, you'd continue earning loyalty rewards per the program.

Perhaps another member has them on-hand to post for you.

@tofuman wrote:

Not happy with the forced change. I've been with Public Mobile for almost 10 years, and I just helped my parents to move to Public Mobile after being with Fido for 20+ years. Looks like it's time to move them out to another company along with me.

For you @tofuman , understandable since you'd be on the Legacy Rewards (presuming you hadn't joined Public Points), however if you only helped move your parents here SINCE January 2022, they're already on the Public Points program, so they will see no change to their rewards program.

Just food for thought, unless you'd all be doing it strictly out of principle.

ValeryD1

There is no need to answer for everyone, I have already moved two lines in the PC mobile. I am very pleased with the service, everything works perfectly and the price is even lower than it was here. Moreover, today I activated a SIM card from Fizz, I really liked the service and especially the price! I keep the Public Mobile "account button" under control. In the event of an increase in payment due to the removal of bonuses, transferring the last account will take about 5 minutes...

Knockali5

Today when I needed my rewards 240 GB data, it didn’t work.  It also disappeared from my account.  opened a ticket, let’s see what happens.  

Boki

@fixin wrote:

@Patrick_PM - I would assume to just say something like this:

My plan is $25/month and now it is going up to $34. That is a $9 increase.

( -$7 loyalty, - $2 autopay)

YOu cannot have $7 in loyalty. It was always up to $5.

You might mixed it with referrals which stray the same (except $ means points now).

NOBODY is happy and a lot of threating to leave but at the end very few will leave as PM has good plans even without additional discount.
We just get spoiled with all perks (loyalty discount, autopay, referrals, holiday bonuses).

Show me ONE just ONE provider offering discounts for referrals or similar.

G_Pomzz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just got my response from CCTS 👍🏻

Screenshot_2024-04-03-17-46-41-593_com.google.android.gm-edit.jpg

fixin

@Patrick_PM - I would assume to just say something like this:

My plan is $25/month and now it is going up to $34. That is a $9 increase.

( -$7 loyalty, - $2 autopay)

Patrick_PM

Received an email from CCTS but they want more details.

For those who have successfully got CCTS to accept your complaint, what did you provide for the following:

• Public Mobile changing their rewards system is the service provider's business decision and operating practices, please clarify how this change will affect your services in terms of Billing or contract disputes, the particular aspect of the contract or terms which your service provider will no longer be honouring.

tofuman

Not happy with the forced change. I've been with Public Mobile for almost 10 years, and I just helped my parents to move to Public Mobile after being with Fido for 20+ years. Looks like it's time to move them out to another company along with me.

Rasvyn

I am also not happy about it. I've been content with PB up until now, despite them coming up with the new points system, as we were able to keep our old loyalty program that we signed up for when we joined.

The Telus overlords have finally fully got their fingers into PB and activated their anti-loyalty plan!

I've never bothered looked at any other phone plans from other providers all this time since I knew that I would continue to get good value from PB.

Looks like times have changed - it is time for this loyal customer of 9+ years to start looking elsewhere. And he's going to be taking all the referral accounts with him for better value!

Michael6666

Sorry, I was looking at minutes. It's basically for someone wanting to make calls and texts on this plan in my case. 

@Michael6666 wrote:

From what I gather, they call them service passes. I can't seem to find pricing and they expire after 30 days. 

@Michael6666 The screenshot you posted is pretty clear "data add-ons / data service passes are not available on this plan"

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 5.34.01 PM.png

If you want / need some data it says "you can change your plan".

Michael6666

From what I gather, they call them service passes. I can't seem to find pricing and they expire after 30 days. 

@Michael6666 wrote:

I'm just here for an update. 

After some research, I found that by going on the lucky mobile site and clicking on All plans, you can see the details of each plan in text form.

I can 100% confirm that lucky offers unlimited incoming minutes on the 15$.

1000001991.png

@Michael6666 So it is the same as PM except for one possibly big issue, you cannot buy data add ons if you need to.

Michael6666

I'm just here for an update. 

After some research, I found that by going on the lucky mobile site and clicking on All plans, you can see the details of each plan in text form.

I can 100% confirm that lucky offers unlimited incoming minutes on the 15$.

1000001991.png

  All three of my managed plans are moving if this conversion goes through. 

pb-rb123

I'm not happy with Public Mobile forcing loyal customers to switch to the new Public Points reward system. This should be optional. This is not what I signed up to when I first joined.

JohnDoe3

JohnDoe3_0-1712167574379.png

So per CRA guidelines, either they've been undercharging everyone the HST the entire time, or they implicitly accept that the value of the goods is actually pegged at the rewarded price.

@Tiffiny124 wrote:

Absolutely ridiculous. I receive $5 off per month in loyalty rewards, $60/year and. Now I’ll get all of $10 per year. I’ll be capped at 4 referral points I currently have $5/month so loosing more discounts. And I no long receive my $2 for auto pay. I’ll go down to $1.95 and if I use any points to lower my bill that will be less too. 

@Tiffiny124, you won't be capped on yur referrals.  That is just saying how many you have right now.  If you get more referrals you will receive more points.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Bunnyhop

There isn't much consumer choice nowadays especially with the big corporations having their mergers in the news. You shouldn't attack one tool a consumer can use to protect them-self when it is still effective.

Bunnyhop

Too many people shill for the corporation on this platform. Telus will gladly ditch them in the prusuit of insatiable greed.

Need Help? Let's chat.