Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,012 REPLIES 5,012

Wolfcore
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You're not losing your $20 credit per month, as far as I know. You'll be affected in terms of other rewards, as will people you know, but that doesn't change anything I said. You're still continuing to do the tasks of the Oracles BECAUSE you're trying to protect your benefits. Which ultimately requires you to protect PM.

If not, why did you remove tags? The answer to this is all that matters.

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Handy1 wrote:

Can someone share with me how . How  to make a formal complaint to CCTS and I have to first send that to support is my understanding . Is there a form for CCTS i have to fill out and where do I find it 

Here is the complaint link for CCTS if you want it.

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/complaint-form/

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

Can someone share with me how . How  to make a formal complaint to CCTS and I have to first send that to support is my understanding . Is there a form for CCTS i have to fill out and where do I find it 

hairtothepie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Probably a good thing we can't call them.

@dudesbot totally wish I could.  I have messaging into the CSA as well to follow the proper process for a CCTS file as well

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dudesbot

@ShawnC13 

Can you please edit it to reverse this bad decision? It would be much appreciated 😊

_ToxicFire_

I have a couple lines on the old system i had given to family and it helps getting $7 off per month. My new lines i have for my self and vehicle the new points system is not good at all. They need to make it a bit better. auto pay bonus even $1 and some loyalty bonus would be nice.

Wife_13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Wow! I am so exicted about the points. I lose my $2.00 auto pay per month for $1.45 in points. I lose my $4.00 monthly loyalty for $10.00 in points once a year.

Yup If you loved the Public Rewards wait till you get Public Points, That is what Publics says about their points.

The problem here is Public can't do math!

Zahir_h
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The tags were a true description of what PM / Telus was doing.  I see nothing wrong with us being able to see quick points about how bad this is and the truth behind the glittered up crap which was posted.  

@Wolfcore wrote:

He's gotta protect his monthly payment by protecting those who provide it. Tags were making them look bad.

@Wolfcore, this affects me financially as well, but I will continue to do the tasks of Oracles

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Wolfcore

He's gotta protect his monthly payment by protecting those who provide it. Tags were making them look bad.

@Zahir_h I didn't edit any of the message at all.  I just removed the ability to tag the post.

@fixin wrote:

@ShawnC13 - Thanks for removing the tags option on the post!

@fixin all good I didn't edit any of the messge just restricted tagging

Zahir_h

@ShawnC13  why have you edited the  OP ?  To cover for PM as they missed the ball in sending out emails to their subscribers by March 8.   And now you say we will be notified by test.

Again, can you can ensure all subs get their texts.  What if we are out of the country where you do not allow us to receive texts messages internationally?   

PM give us no frills services, we are ok with this due to the rewards system which is currently in place.  Without this rewards, what benefits are we getting for no frills services.  

Why removing the option for tags ? Why can't we post tags so that users know what's really happening to them 

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ShawnC13 - Thanks for removing the tags option on the post!

PBForMe1

It's a real slap in the face that for our years of loyalty we get: a data addon that expires, losing our rewards system and not even able to switch to the lower priced plans because those are only for new customers.

What a way to treat the longest serving customers that stayed in these forums over the years helping other customers because the support system was so poor. 

Just unbelievable, I'm so out when this force migration takes place. 

Wolfcore

This thread is quickly becoming one of the most commented on, in the history of this platform. Currently in 5th place, and in a few days, will be 3rd. Only behind two threads related to PM giving away free stuff (which of course would attract lots of replies). It'll easily pass the thread about the fiasco of 2018, which is ironic.

SeniorCitizen

Actually it’s time for Telus to be bought out or broken up into pieces. 

CalvinW

Waiting for Public Mobile to crash and burn. This is basically a giant middle finger to long-time loyal customers. 

maurelle

@steveb11 wrote:

Hey Public Mobile, here's a question for you: Why did you remove the post I just put up? (For the record, folks, I'm a low-budget PM customer. I'm on the $15/mo plan. I posted my review of all the other options that are out there for those who are considering a switch, as I now am. I summarized the low-budget options for 10 other providers. And then my post disappeared.)

So, Public Mobile, did I somehow violate the terms of our agreement?? Like, the way you just violated the terms of the agreement we had with respect to my loyalty rewards???

Things aren't bad enough for you that you now have to resort to censoring posts???

Wow, are you ever making me feel warm and cuddly about our relationship....

Since it's their platform, censorship has been real here for several years now. They just have more reason than ever in this thread.

dicecube

All other mobile providers should offer aggressive pricing to take Public Mobile's market share before May. Missed opportunity. 

ivel004
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Switch to FIZZ, back in October for QC, they had $9 (now $12) for 4GB + incoming text only + pay per 0.25c/minute. 50% off for 6 months with the beta in the rest of Canada. +$1 to add voicemail.

Going from $8 to $15 with 5% points is a big depreciation.

EdN
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You wrote:

Or just setup a complaint with the CCTS regarding conflicting messaging regarding guarantees, and the new points system being optional.  Let the CCTS sort it out. And it'll cost Telus $140 per complaint.

=====================================================================

Thanks, just did and also requested a copy of the transcript of our discussion from PM  so I don't have to try to cut and paste the various private messages together.  Make sure to include your ticket number from your Public Mobile private message discussion.

In my submission to CCTS I requested that Public Mobile not proceed with the forced migration from the legacy rewards program to the points program.  Failing that I want them to honour the infomation in the points screen to issue one point per month of loyalty when joining the points program.

JamJam2

Yes corporate Bobs often only think in the short term, just enough to get their bonus and move onto the next corporation.  So boycott Telus for 3-5 years, then come back if the Bobs at Bell/Rogers/Freedom act poorly.

steveb11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Ah, today is just dripping with irony.

I just got a notification from PM telling me I've been elevated to the level of Model Citizen (even though PM is now censoring me).

If only PM could elevate itself to the level of Model Citizen.....

potato

The 240gb bonus data with a 150 DAY EXPIRY (less than 6months) just adds insult to injury. So out of touch.

SeniorCitizen

@fillione wrote:

Just put your grown up pants on, and state it clearly : "We at PM have decided that we're not making enough money since most stayed on the old program, so we're attempting to hypnotize you all into thinking it's a better option to switch to points instead of good old fashion - and immediate - cash rewards.". I mean, who wouldn't want to have to wait to enjoy less money, right? (facepalm)

@fillione 

Just think about it!!! That is not the reason why. 

JamJam2

Or just setup a complaint with the CCTS regarding conflicting messaging regarding guarantees, and the new points system being optional.  Let the CCTS sort it out. And it'll cost Telus $140 per complaint.

fillione

As many others, I am very unhappy with this change...

Does the wise group of people who decided Public Points are better for us think we didn't do the math when they launched the program a little while back?

Thanks for the useless bonus data btw, will never get to use this since I of course have a plan that covers my monthly needs! Big thumbs up! I guess I'll downgrade my plan and - wait for it - earn less points in the process, leading to less rewards while I enjoy useless bonus from an undesired change. 

Just put your grown up pants on, and state it clearly : "We at PM have decided that we're not making enough money since most stayed on the old program, so we're attempting to hypnotize you all into thinking it's a better option to switch to points instead of good old fashion - and immediate - cash rewards.". I mean, who wouldn't want to have to wait to enjoy less money, right? (facepalm)

From 8$ off a month (soon to be 9$), down to 4.53 avg ppints a month on a 34$ plan, where every 3 or 4 months I'll trade my points for 15$ off that will reduce my point intake by 0.75 that month... Yay, I'm so happy I could cry... NOT!

Need Help? Let's chat.