Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,374 REPLIES 5,374

Bottomshelf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Basically you will lose all your "cash" discounts except for the 1 point=$1 referrals.  Under the new point plan you will get 2% per month on your monthly premium and 10 points (=$10) anniversary gift for your loyalty

I am currently paying $7 for the $15 plan after my cash rewards have been applied.  This means I will have to pay a $8.96 per month (inclusive of provincial and GST) for a total of $107.52 extra I have to pay notwithstanding the point system.  Under the new system I will get $.75 ($15 x x 5%) per month. 2 referral points and 10 anniversary point for a total of 21 points (equivalent to $21).  Equating points to dollars, I will lose $86.52  ($107.52- $21) annually.

Furthermore, you will have to access your account to request an application of points towards your billing AND only in 15 point increments.  

bcsuazon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I guess PM wants to lose their most loyal customers.  The worst part about this is that I finally upgraded to a more expensive plan but I did so with the belief that I'd still have my loyalty discounts for a while...if I had known this change was coming I would never have changed my subscription.  I can't even switch to the $29 plan since its only available to new activations so I guess it may be time to switch to another carrier unfortunately 😞

on2wheels

You could at least offer all packages to existing customers!

on2wheels_0-1710189494733.png

edited by computergeek541: inappropriate content removed

Bandsaw12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Nope.  That is why PM (aka Telus) is doing this.  They want more of your money.  Nothing in the new program will even come close to this.

Bandsaw12

This is a most unfortunate move on PM's part.  I guess Telus is not making enough profit from us.  I have been with PM long enough that this change will impact my bill severely.  Both Virgin Mobile and Rogers have recently offered me much better deals than PM for the same services.  I guess it is finally time to leave PM behind.  Will likely be taking our three accounts out of here.

@nick55aa wrote:

I don't understand what this means I currently have a $25 plan with a $7 discount what happens to that??

@nick55aa 

Unfortunately, starting in May, you will lose the loyalty ($5/month) and autopay ($2/month) rewards.  You will be switched to the points rewards system.

You will get 5% back in plan payment (1.25 points/month) and on each anniversary date of sign up, you will get 10 loyalty points (once per year).  

You will need to manually convert 15 points to $15 bill credit.  

fillione

@nick55aa you'll be downgraded to 1.25 points for your 25$ + 1 point per referral and 10 points a year which averages 0.83 points a month

Once you have 15 points, you can buy a 15$ voucher for the following month...

brandinium1983

I am so disappointed by this change to the rewards program.  The fact that they are trying to make it sound like the points system is a better reward is insane!  I am at the point of getting $6 off every bill and that will be gone 😞 I guess I will start looking for a new provider....

LTD2023
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Exactly the provider I'm switching to with the same plan..congrats!

nick55aa

I don't understand what this means I currently have a $25 plan with a $7 discount what happens to that??

steveb11

Goodbye Public Mobile. I just ported my number to a new provider. Here's the ultimate indignity for PM, which neatly sums everything up. When I went to sign up with the new provider (at a real store!! Imagine that!!), the PM website wouldn't even load so I could get me account number. That says it all right there.

All I can say now (to avoid the censors) is that I'm so glad I found the freedom to sign up for an annual prepaid plan that gives me five times the data and unlimited incoming and outgoing calls.  At just $119 a year! And they gave me a free SIM and waived the activation fee!!

I forgot what it was like to talk to a customer service rep on the phone.....

Renzha

definitely will move all my 4 lines to other carriers and will ask my friend s to move

ezl007

Enjoy while it lasts.  The end of PM may be soon coming.

ABCD-ABCD

My first time posting.  I am deeply disappointed with this new change.  These last few months have been frustrating with sudden mms issues and dropped calls.  I've tried to troubleshoot and  manage quietly  but this latest announcement has me searching for other more reliable options.  

Emjhay

i just received a text about this, what happen to our old loyalty and additional dollar discount ?  

ninjastar

Because I'm seeing sad pleads of compromise, I'm going to be blunt. All of those who have high hopes of PM reverting this decision can wait until May and find out their final decision. I can guarantee they won't be reversing anything this time around. Telus does NOT need PM to survive. Koodo does just fine for them as a second tier service. PM is an after thought and will either fold or be sold off to some poor soul. I doubt anyone will absorb this loss leader.

eJonavin

no chance of that happening

mikasik2

How about a permanent $7 discount for legacy accounts

v_path

Corporate greed wins again.

Kydd

Exactly!! Who have have the best deal . Once you have an your own phone that's unlocked I welcome the competition. Let's see if we can get 25$ 50gig 5g plan this upcoming bxing day 🤔

Way1

I am so sad,I stay in PM for 5 years as it has reward &autopsy.actually other provider has same plan with PM,my wife using Fido for 1 and half years,plan 6G/m,$35 at begining,after 2 times promotion,now get 90G data/m,pay same. I am thinking do some change.

Michael6666

Just do like you did to refer them and find them a better plan elsewhere!

Only thing I'm sad about is being stuck here another few months in the tiny hope that they will reverse their decision.

On another note, I just realized I'm going to have a 30 day period end in the US. I'm going to be sure to use my 290gb total on that day. Hopefully those Gb cost them something

Wolfcore
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yeah, on top of everything else, like lying about the rewards program and then getting rid of it, making our add-ons expire, etc, they also make loyal customers have to jump through a loophole of porting out and back in, if they want to take advantage of the objectively better offers that they give to people who haven't even given them a cent yet. Porting in and out isn't even a big task, but the fact that they force us to do this, is quite shameful.

Bethn1

Completelly dissappinting. I signed up because of the old rewards system, loved all of the promo and free data/minutes, love the $ off my bill (so nice to have an affordable option) and spent alot of energy bringing people in. Terrible move, feels like I have been tricked, and tricked the people I brought in.

Also, what is with all of the good promos only being for new customers? Dissappointing to the max.

Wolfcore
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So I finally received the email, and within in the email, they link to a PDF for more information. Within this PDF, they still talk like it's optional 😂

staticcory_0-1710183059782.png

These people aren't sending their best.

hi @Belfour20 I always understand that we only have to be loyal to our wallet. Get the best one and with the best savings, no need to be loyal whe it comes to mobile services 

Belfour20

With the elimination of the loyalty and top-up bonuses, outside of people who have a bunch of referral bonuses I see no reason for anyone else to stay loyal to public anymore.  Plans are all matched by other providers (or sometimes even better limited time new customer offers) that typically includes full customer support that public doesn't offer (stores/booths, customer service numbers, etc..).  In my opinion a 5% return in points and a 10 point per year bonus is not enough to make someone blindly loyal and not consider other options like the old reward system did.  

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

I received their generic response today. This will be added to the CCTS complaint. 

Re: Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

Hi there,

My name is Maria and thank you so much for reaching us. I hope you are doing excellent today.

I am really sorry to hear about this situation but do not worry, you are in good hands, I will try my best to help you!

All subscribers will be automatically moved to the Public Points rewards program.

We understand that the old Rewards program was enjoyed by many of our loyal subscribers. There are many ways subscribers can get value from the Public Points program:

As part of the move to Public Points, you will receive a bonus thank-you gift of a free data add-on depending on the plan] to thank you for your loyalty and understanding.

The Public Points program still lets you get the most out of your subscription, with new ways to earn such as 5% points back on all purchases and 10 points on your subscription anniversary. You’ll also still get 1 point a month for each referral you’ve made. You’ll also still get 1 point a month for each referral you’ve made.

With 1 point = $1, it’s easy to earn points and redeem for rewards that lower your monthly bill. Points can be redeemed for credits, add-ons, prizes, and more.

With all our subscribers on one program, the Public Mobile team will be focusing on enhancing the Public Points program, with even more ways to earn and spend points in the future

Respectfully,
Maria_G
Public Mobile CS_Agent

NOTE: Do not reply to this email address: community-notifications@publicmobile.ca. Please log in to the Community to reply via Private Message

Please note that this is not a Live Chat. We are handling multiple posts at a time so it might take a while until you receive a response.

Need Help? Let's chat.