cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Until September 13 - Get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

*This offer is online-only.

Hey Community,

From August 23rd until September 13th, 2018, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca.
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own so you get credit for the referral.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

FAQs:

Spoiler

Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs

1. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards?
    Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $25 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $25 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here.
  2. I am a Legacy customer. Am I eligible for these rewards?
    Legacy customers are not eligible for rewards. However, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
    To learn more about Reward eligibility and Rewards,visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules . If you would like to take advantage of this promotional offer, our support team can help you switch your plan to one that is currently available.
  3. As the referral receiver, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit, as well as this $25 Refer a Friend credit?
    No, these credits are not stackable. Instead, you will receive a total of $25 via an account credit, rather than the ongoing $10 Refer-a-Friend Reward credit.
  4. When does this promotion end?
    This promotion will end September 13, 2018 11:59PM EST.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.
    • While Legacy customers are not eligible for Public Mobile Refer a Friend rewards, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
    • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
    • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
    • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
    • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• Must activate on a 30 or 90-day plan with Public Mobile.
    • You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile phone number) during your activation.
    • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
    • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

313 REPLIES 313

@Samanthaccc, as this is only a day or 2 old, your funds are still being processed, as the rewards will be seen within 72 hours.  Please understand that they are most likely very busy processing many of these promos.

Samanthaccc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I dont know who to message to help with my account. this public mobile is so frustrating to get any help with it.  I didnt receive the money from this or from my referral. 

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@meilanz wrote:

thanks and we will file a complaint to CCTS against PM if the issue is not fixed quickly.

What you going to file ? Is user errors 😋 ,PM is a self serve Provider's but you can get lots of help from the community,feel free to post your problems,be patient and you will be taken care, trust me, you will ❤️ PM the savings you coins 😁😃 and rewards from PM

meilanz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thanks and we will file a complaint to CCTS against PM if the issue is not fixed quickly.

captainmark50

Thrift stores are great. Its all about recycling. Found a great pair of real good shoes for $5 and they are real leather.

meilanz

What's CCTS?  Thanks

manouch

Anybody who has problem you can make complaint on CCTS then you will get a fast response by someone from public mobile.

don’t waste your time by writing a message for a moderator they just want to have profit now instead of supporting their clients.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@meilanz wrote:

it has been 4 days that PM cant fix porting issue for Us and i think the service has been terrible.

Porting is a breeze,no problem here 😁😀 within minutes port in to PM 🤗

waiting for the round 10 😀 $50/10GB 😄😃😁

Walmart did not offer free Sim Card 😋

meilanz

it has been 4 days that PM cant fix porting issue for Us and i think the service has been terrible.

AustinLee

This is awesome time to help people out. 

yiatioxi-ok
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes

yiatioxi-ok

@manouch wrote:

Can you first splve your technical issues for your actual clients instead of making publicity for a service that has no supports at all anytime or over a phone?

??????

manouch

Can you first splve your technical issues for your actual clients instead of making publicity for a service that has no supports at all anytime or over a phone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@najafi, As @SD08 mentioned, if you activate in store, you are not eligible for the Public Mobile promo.  However, there are promos currently running at London Drugs and Walmart that might be more beneficial.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@najafi wrote:

What does it mean by "online ?"It means that if my friends activate their sim in london drugs, walmart,... We won't be eligible?!

Just online by themselvs?

@najafi

Yes, you should activate from your own computer/device.  There were reports from people getting the credit anyway from in-store activations on the previous iteration of this promo, but those were exceptions.  If you activate in-store and don't get the credit, it should not come as a surprise, and I would not expect PM moderators to "fix" that, as the promo condition clearly stated "online only."  

@themindfulgirl wrote:

Is this plan eligible for the $25 credit?

Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 9.30.57 PM.png

Any 90 day or 30 day plan (big or small) would qualify.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

@najafi wrote:

What does it mean by "online ?"It means that if my friends activate their sim in london drugs, walmart,... We won't be eligible?!

That is correct, has to be done by yourself via online, in store activations are not eligible.

@najafi

There are two different promotions going on presently.  

1.  If your friends activate online at home, both you and your friend will get $25 credit each.  Your friend would need to buy a SIM card ($10) to activate at home.  

2.  If your friends activate at London drugs or Walmart, they will get a free SIM card, $25 credit and $10 friend referral (from you).  You will just get $1 ongoing monthly credit (no $25 credit).  

For you, it would be better for your friends to activate online at home.  For your friends, it would be better for them to activate instore.  

najafi

SD08

@themindfulgirl wrote:

@themindfulgirl

Yes it is, as long as you do the activation online instead of in-store.

@themindfulgirl

Yes, it would be covered by this promotion.  

themindfulgirl

SD08

Thanks to PM for bringing back this referral promo.  Smiley Happy

mcc-x

@Jarvar 

Good to know. Thanks for the help.

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mcc-x

Just it's not instant. I think it shows up the next day. The maximum amount of time I think is 72 hours. Mine was a $10 credit only when I did it on Saturday and on Monday.

There was a second month free promotion if you went through WoW Mobile but I'm not sure if it's still running anymore. It might have ended on August 20 or 21st.

mcc-x

Thanks @Jarvar

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mcc-x

I believe it does. It counted as a referral for me. Same credit card, address everything. Just different name and different phone number. I don't think you can put two numbers under the same account so it has to be a separate account. I did it and I got a referral credit and also a monthly reward.

mcc-x

Does adding a family member, whom I'll be paying the bill for using the same CC, count as a referral too? Thanks.

yiatioxi-ok

Ok --thanks --- thought that it would have been an instant automated credit. Will wait and hope all goes well. Thanks again.

@Dunkman wrote:

@yiatioxi-ok

Credit will be in your account within 72 hours (usually 24 hours).  If beyond 72 hours, need to contact moderator.  

@yiatioxi-ok

Credit will be in your account within 72 hours (usually 24 hours).  If beyond 72 hours, need to contact moderator.  

Need Help? Let's chat.