cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Until January 1 - Get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

*This offer has been extended to January 1, 2019.

*This offer is online-only.

*Online SIM delivery may be longer than usual until Canada Post rotating strike has ended. For the time being, we recommend you pick up a SIM by visiting one of our retail partners. To find your nearest participating retail partner, click here.

Hey Community,

From November 15th, 2018 until January 1st, 2019, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca.
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own so you get credit for the referral.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

FAQs:

Spoiler

Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs

1. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards?
    Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $25 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $25 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here.
  2. I am a Legacy customer. Am I eligible for these rewards?
    Legacy customers are not eligible for rewards. However, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
    To learn more about Reward eligibility and Rewards,visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules . If you would like to take advantage of this promotional offer, our support team can help you switch your plan to one that is currently available.
  3. As the referral receiver, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit, as well as this $25 Refer a Friend credit?
    No, these credits are not stackable. Instead, you will receive a total of $25 via an account credit, rather than the ongoing $10 Refer-a-Friend Reward credit.
  4. When does this promotion end?
    This promotion will end January 1, 2019 11:59PM ET.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.
    • While Legacy customers are not eligible for Public Mobile Refer a Friend rewards, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
    • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
    • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
    • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
    • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• Must activate on a 30 or 90-day plan with Public Mobile.
    • You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile phone number) during your activation.
    • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
    • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

343 REPLIES 343

Stephan_S
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@VanHammer

Done on your friends laptop (own activation, not in-store) =1st condition was met 🙂

Did he put your number as referrer during activation? =2nd condition

Was it in the promotional period (Nov15th - Jan1st) =3rd condition

Now, after 72 hrs and no credits shown on account, contact the mod team..(see link in my previous message)

One way to check if your number was entered is looking for the $1/mo  in your account (under rewards in selfserve..)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@VanHammer, Either way, If YOUR phone number was entered as a referer during someone's sign up, YOU ARE entitled to a referral bonus/credit.  At least $1/mth, and perhaps a bonus.  If your number WAS entered, but you do not see any sort of credit, then you need to contact the moderator team and ask them to investigate & correct the situation.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

VanHammer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, however we used the owners laptop..(a friend of mine) however that would make sense...he was the 1 who recomend that we could get the the credit..perhaps he was mistaken 

.?

Stephan_S

The $25 promotion applies only for online activations, not in-store.

If your friend activated in-store (Walmart etc.) only he gets a $10 credit.

If your friend activated online (and input your number as referrer!) both of you get $25

In both cases you get $1/mo as long as the friend is active.

For me, the $25 credit appeared the next day on the account.

It says it can take up to 72hrs.

If it takes longer, you'll have to send a private message to the moderators.

Links: $25 promo  ,  moderators

1Dani

Did a referral yesterday and got my $25 credit today AND the dollar referral shows up already too!  Cool.

Carld123

@VanHammer wrote:

I referred a friend a week ago and today renewed my monthly bill and couldn't find my reward? Any suggestions please and thanks!!!!!

@VanHammer

Did they activate in store?..that would explain the missing referral reward

VanHammer

I referred a friend a week ago and today renewed my monthly bill and couldn't find my reward? Any suggestions please and thanks!!!!!

Danitoo

I just signed up yesterday afternoon and 10.01am I recieved my credit! yay! super happy to be with PM so far. Now to get a couple of refferals myself.....

Carld123

@robert_d

Sorry...that was online only....

robert_d

I was not aware of this reward when I reffered a friend. My friend did not activate her account online, instead it was done in a store. Is there any way we can still get the $25 reward for each of us?

Birgit1964

Got it

I found already a "friend" 🙂

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Birgit1964 wrote:

I'll get a new SIM card tomorrow to sign up for PublicMobile. I don't have a friend who can refer me, so if one of you will send me your number per PM we can get sone easy money 🙂

Maybe post here thst you sent me the number so I'm not getting tons of messages 

@Birgit1964

I've sent you a private message.

Birgit1964

I'll get a new SIM card tomorrow to sign up for PublicMobile. I don't have a friend who can refer me, so if one of you will send me your number per PM we can get sone easy money 🙂

Maybe post here thst you sent me the number so I'm not getting tons of messages

EDIT: I found already someone!!

@CalgaryBen wrote:

In my experience, you (and your friend) should see the following line in the Self Serve portal under Payment / Transaction History:

$25 Referral Credit/Crédit de recommandation de 25 $

For me, it showed up within 24 hours (actually, more like 10-12 hours) after the sign-up, although I've heard it can take up to 72 hours.

In Plans and Add-Ons / Rewards, there's a "Total Rewards earned" section with a little triangle to the left of it.  If you click on the triangle to reveal the Refer-a-Friend Rewards, does your friend's number show up there?  And they for sure referred you while activating at https://activate.publicmobile.ca ?

Yes, I also get this message and credit in my account once applied and can see the referee's new number once activated.

@RobertQc wrote: 

Screenshot_Messaging_20181228-125722.jpg

Yes, I get same message once referree signs up.

CalgaryBen

@RobertQc acknowledged, and I stand corrected!  I just got this message myself (minutes after my post).  Transaction history in Self-Serve portal was updated several hours earlier, with text notification to referrer and referree coming simultaneously much later.

Cheers!

@CalgaryBen wrote:

@shartomjam wrote:
If you received the text saying you would receive the $25, the amount should be in your history.

@Amantey, to be clear, you won't receive a text indicating you'll receive this "bonus" $25 referral credit.  The only text you could expect is the usual referral confirmation from shortcode 100, stating "Public Mobile here. Congratulations! You have successfully referred a friend. If on a Rewards-eligible plan, see the Rewards tab in your Self Serve account."  But that's the same text you'd get even without the $25 bonus referral credit, as it refers to the $1/30 day credit for referred friends.

@CalgaryBenIncorrect.

@shartomjamCorrect.

@Amantey

Screenshot_Messaging_20181228-125722.jpg

CalgaryBen

@shartomjam wrote:
If you received the text saying you would receive the $25, the amount should be in your history.

@Amantey, to be clear, you won't receive a text indicating you'll receive this "bonus" $25 referral credit.  The only text you could expect is the usual referral confirmation from shortcode 100, stating "Public Mobile here. Congratulations! You have successfully referred a friend. If on a Rewards-eligible plan, see the Rewards tab in your Self Serve account."  But that's the same text you'd get even without the $25 bonus referral credit, as it refers to the $1/30 day credit for referred friends.

In my experience, you (and your friend) should see the following line in the Self Serve portal under Payment / Transaction History:

$25 Referral Credit/Crédit de recommandation de 25 $

For me, it showed up within 24 hours (actually, more like 10-12 hours) after the sign-up, although I've heard it can take up to 72 hours.

In Plans and Add-Ons / Rewards, there's a "Total Rewards earned" section with a little triangle to the left of it.  If you click on the triangle to reveal the Refer-a-Friend Rewards, does your friend's number show up there?  And they for sure referred you while activating at https://activate.publicmobile.ca ?

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Amantey wrote:

In the past month I have referred 2 friends. I received a text confirming they had signed up and I would receive the $25 bonus. My 3 month plan just renewed and I dis not receive the discount. How do I collect the $50? 

You should check your Transaction History in Self Serve for the past month or so.  If you received the text saying you would receive the $25, the amount should be in your history.  If you are entitled to the reward but don't see it in your history, you can contact the mods.  Send a private message to @CS_Agent with your account details and details of your issue.  

Carld123

@Amantey wrote:

In the past month I have referred 2 friends. I received a text confirming they had signed up and I would receive the $25 bonus. My 3 month plan just renewed and I dis not receive the discount. How do I collect the $50? @Amantey

Are you certain that they activated ONLINE?

Amantey

In the past month I have referred 2 friends. I received a text confirming they had signed up and I would receive the $25 bonus. My 3 month plan just renewed and I dis not receive the discount. How do I collect the $50? 

Jessica_T

@Carld123 wrote:

@Carld123 wrote:

@basilbiju wrote:

Hi, 
my name is Basil Biju. My public mobile number is Removed By Jessica

I referred my friend to public mobile. I get $1 every month but I did not get the 25$ credit. Same time, I received the text saying that I have succefully referred a friend. Please look into this and credit the amount.

@basilbiju

First things first...hit the 3 dots in the top right corner of your post and edit out you phone number...as for your 25$ referral..your friend did not activate online...they must have done it instore...so.. you will recieve..1$ per month referral bonus as long as your friend stays active....not 25$

@basilbiju read above...

@Carld123Your quote includes basils phone number so you want to edit it out too.

sa7375

Hi Basil,

First a sincere advice. Do NOT write any personal information when posting publicly on this forum — like your name, phone number etc. Write personal information ONLY when writing to moderators directly.

Your issue of credit of $25 can ONLY be resolved by the moderators. Write to them directly by following the steps here. If everything has been done correctly the process of credit goes through seamlessly. I can vouch for that since I recently referred someone to PM and got my credit within 2 days.

Best wishes

Carld123

@Carld123 wrote:

@basilbiju wrote:

Hi, 
my name is Basil Biju. My public mobile number is 2263406437. 

I referred my friend to public mobile. I get $1 every month but I did not get the 25$ credit. Same time, I received the text saying that I have succefully referred a friend. Please look into this and credit the amount.

@basilbiju

First things first...hit the 3 dots in the top right corner of your post and edit out you phone number...as for your 25$ referral..your friend did not activate online...they must have done it instore...so.. you will recieve..1$ per month referral bonus as long as your friend stays active....not 25$

@basilbiju read above...

@basilbiju wrote:

Respected sir,

This is the fourth time I am emailing to get some response from someone. I reffered a friend last month and my 25$ has yet not been credited. Please do the same. 

Thanks,

basil biju

Be sure that your friend actually activated online and NOT in store and during the promotion dates.

You need to send a private message to the moderator_team, by clicking the little ENVELOPE icon at the top-rigth of this page, not by posting here in the public forum.

Be sure to Include you tel # & PIN and all relevant details.

basilbiju

Respected sir,

This is the fourth time I am emailing to get some response from someone. I reffered a friend last month and my 25$ has yet not been credited. Please do the same. 

Thanks,

basil biju

osamaali911

I have reffered about 5 people already and i can only see $1 off refer a friend, but the $25 has not been reflected. its been over 72 hours already. ill give it another 48 hours in case everyone is on vacation.

Carld123

@basilbiju wrote:

Hi, 

@basilbiju

Carld123

@Bodereck wrote:

OK that's fine. .as long as 1 of us got something. .thanks for your time 

@Bodereck

Lots of good promos come up here ...keep your eyes open...the 25$ ONLINE referral is in affect until jan 1 st...welcome and happy holidays

basilbiju

Hi, 

Thank you, 

Basil BIju

Need Help? Let's chat.