cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Get a SIM + $20 bill credit when you activate a Talk + Text plan at Walmart!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Update as of July 3, 2018: This offer will expire on July 4th, 2018. 

Updated as of June 29, 2018: This is now a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice.

Hey Community, 

As a competitive response, effective today, we are offering a SIM card and a $20 account credit when you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at Walmart! Note that this is now a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice.  

How to Get this Offer:

• $20 account credit: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at a Walmart location, you will get a $20 account credit!
    • Eligible customers will be credited within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next renewal date.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message when the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate on any 30 or 90-day plan at a Walmart location.
    • If you wish to pick up a SIM card in-store and activate at home, you will be asked to pay the regular retail price by the retailer.
    • SIM cards purchased online will be regular price ($10 each)

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team 

386 REPLIES 386

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Edmonton and area is working for me

Lambos
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anybody have problems texting? I'm in Alberta, thx.

MacMe

@nolonger wrote:

Haven't receive the credit at all.

It can take up to 72 hours to get the credit.   Which plan did you take?  Plans with data are not eligible.

nolonger
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Haven't receive the credit at all.

danlee
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

For my understanding, once you activated, you cannot add referral no. anymore. 🙂

meocon

@retsina this promo will end on this Sunday July 1, 2018, Saturday is a last day

retsina

So, this promo ends this Saturday? I hope this promo gets extended, but I don't think it will.

retsina

@Hubertzh wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have another question. 

Since this plan contains 50-minutes canada-wide call, I can use it to call 1-800- toll free number. I am wondering wether it will consume the minutes when we make this kind of call? The 50 minutes will be deducted or not?

Thanks.

Calling 1-800 numbers will be deducted from 50 minutes.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Does-quot-PROVINCE-WIDE-quot-permit-800...

Hubertzh

Hi everyone,

I have another question. 

Since this plan contains 50-minutes canada-wide call, I can use it to call 1-800- toll free number. I am wondering wether it will consume the minutes when we make this kind of call? The 50 minutes will be deducted or not?

Thanks.

Lambos
Michico
, that $10 was from your friend referral, $20 comes within 72 hours

Lambos

Got my $20 credit today.  Remember you only get this for the $10 Talk and Text plan only.  You can change it to a data plan afterwards.  Don't forget to sign autopay to get $2 off too.

Thank you PM!

BTW, how about home internet?  🙂

Michico

Hi there,

I only got a $10 credit after I activated at Walmart. When do I get the remaining $10?

Thanks!

smp99

So this promo ends in a few days. Will they bring it back? Maybe. I think it was successful, but they may remove the $10 plan from this promo, or just make that a free SIM only promo. I think too many people took the $10 plan and switched to a data plan as soon as the credit came in.

I do think the 30 day credit promo was brilliant. Pick ANY 30 day plan and your 2nd month is effectively free. 

Too bad these have to be in store. I would prefer to pay for SIM online, ship to me, then get a credit for the cost of the SIM when I activate a new line. I don't know what the incentive is to get store employees involved.

LEGO

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mmai, Unfortunately, that $20 bill credit is only applicable for Talk & text plans activated at Walmart.  plans with data are not eligible.

mmai

I activated a new account with Public Mobile for $40 4.5GB plan today, but I haven't seen $20 credit added or updated in my account. How should I get this credit? Please let me know. thx

Lambos

I just signed up in Alberta, free sim card and no activation fee..didn't have a referral, but will be switching to the data plan next time.

Thanks PM for the good deals.. hope cell signal is decent

MacMe

No, you need to provide a referral phone number when you activate your account to get the $10 credit.

Maybe the Walmart associate used his number, that's why you got the credit.

bbaines

I just read about the offer online in Googling cheaper cellular providers. Is that considered a referral?

Bob

MacMe

@bbaines wrote:

Hi,

I signed up to Public Mobile yesterday at Walmart in Midland Ontario. Today I received a text message from Public Mobile telling me that they are crediting $10.00 to my account. I am confused as the announced special through Walmart has been advertised a lot; free SIM card and a $20.00 credit. How can I get the other $10.00 credited to my account?

Thanks,

Bob

The $10 credit is probably because you used a referral.  The $20 credit should show up in less than 72 hours if you are eligible.

bbaines

Hi,

I signed up to Public Mobile yesterday at Walmart in Midland Ontario. Today I received a text message from Public Mobile telling me that they are crediting $10.00 to my account. I am confused as the announced special through Walmart has been advertised a lot; free SIM card and a $20.00 credit. How can I get the other $10.00 credited to my account?

Thanks,

Bob

@rohitgwl2003 wrote:

Dear Brooke_C, i have activated a new line as per this offer on May 29th but haven't recieved the $20 bill credit yet (it's been almost 30 days). Can you please look into it. Thanks!

You will need to send a private message to the moderators to have them look into this. 

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.
In your message please include:
    • PM Phone Number
    • 4 digit PIN (if you don't remember this then they will need at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)
    • account number
    • date of birth
    • complete address listed on account with postal code
    • email address on account
    • most commonly called numbers
    • alternate number listed on the account
    • last payment date and amount
    • last 4 digits of the credit card
    • Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Mon-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

rohitgwl2003

Dear Brooke_C, i have activated a new line as per this offer on May 29th but haven't recieved the $20 bill credit yet (it's been almost 30 days). Can you please look into it. Thanks!

meocon

Head-up you guys take a free sim + $20 credit bill talk text plan + $10 credit friend referral this week only at Walmart 🙂 awesom promo cannot be beat

Dougmania

This is the last week to get this done.

I just activated 3 accounts yesterday afternoon at walmart here in Vancouver, and got all my free credits $10+$20+2 this morning.

That was fast, thanks public mobile. 😄

crystalholtby78
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Walamrt in onatrio do sell the sim card for public mobiler any more they acrive then for free now with a new plan againt he sim card are free onacrive at walamrt now no more sim card for 10 dollars

agha

@MacMe wrote:

@agha wrote:

50/50 $10 talk and text

You can send a private message to Moderator_Team and let them know you're missing your credit.

Thanks. Did it.

MacMe

@agha wrote:

50/50 $10 talk and text

You can send a private message to Moderator_Team and let them know you're missing your credit.

agha

@MacMe wrote:

@agha wrote:

I activated a SIM at Walmart last Tuesday but have not received the $20 bill credit yet. What should I do?

Which plan did you take? For the $20 credit, it must be a talk and text plan.  Ones with data are not eligible.

50/50 $10 talk and text

MacMe

@agha wrote:

I activated a SIM at Walmart last Tuesday but have not received the $20 bill credit yet. What should I do?

Which plan did you take? For the $20 credit, it must be a talk and text plan.  Ones with data are not eligible.

Need Help? Let's chat.