cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Get a SIM + $20 bill credit when you activate a Talk + Text plan at Walmart!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Update as of July 3, 2018: This offer will expire on July 4th, 2018. 

Updated as of June 29, 2018: This is now a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice.

Hey Community, 

As a competitive response, effective today, we are offering a SIM card and a $20 account credit when you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at Walmart! Note that this is now a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice.  

How to Get this Offer:

• $20 account credit: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at a Walmart location, you will get a $20 account credit!
    • Eligible customers will be credited within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next renewal date.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message when the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate on any 30 or 90-day plan at a Walmart location.
    • If you wish to pick up a SIM card in-store and activate at home, you will be asked to pay the regular retail price by the retailer.
    • SIM cards purchased online will be regular price ($10 each)

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team 

386 REPLIES 386

agha
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated a SIM at Walmart last Tuesday but have not received the $20 bill credit yet. What should I do?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alyssa14, the $10 credit should show up in the account within 72 hours.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alyssa14, Since you are activating 2 lines...  If you will be porting in existing numbers, you should do one line first, wait for the port to complete, and then use THAT phone number as the refering phone number for the second account.  If you are getting new numbers, then you can do the second one as soon as you are assigned (and activated) a new number.

For the first account, you can only enter an existing customer's phone number as the referer.  That is, you can not refer each other.

alyssa14

Oh okay thank you, my plan includes data I was just confused that my walmart didnt know. Also I did use my brothers number and he recieved a text saying he will get the 1$ off his plan, however I have not recieved the 10$ credit does this usually take a while?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alyssa14, If you activate on the Public Mobile portal, I believe you are still eligible for the $20 credit (if you activate a Talk & Text (only) plan).  The credit should appear within 72 hours.

Also, don't forget that if you enter a referer's phone number ( a Public Mobile client's number), you will also get a $10 bonus.

Edit:  Here is a link to the activation page  https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bhattdipika82, The $20 credit should show up in your account within 72 hours of activation, if your plan is eligible.  However, unless there is a new promo that I am not aware of, I think the $20  credit only applies to Talk AND Text plans (which are $25 / 30 days).

alyssa14

Hi there, my brother and I went to Walmart after seeing this advertisement and they were not able to activate the sims and we had to pay for them, they were unaware of this promotion. Is there anyway we can still recieve the credit?

alyssa14

Hi there, my brother and I went to Walmart after seeing this advertisement and they were not able to activate the sims and we had to pay for them, they were unaware of this promotion. Is there anyway we can still recieve the credit?

bhattdipika82

i did activate plan from Walmart  ( 20 dollars plan ) and i am not seeing on my account i am getting one month free in my account.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@carol0313 wrote:

I just purchased yesterday in walmart to get this promotion. they said this promotion may change day by day. but i think it end by JUNE 30.

Yes, the promotion is only until June 30:

@Brooke_C wrote: 

How to Get this Offer:

• $20 account credit: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at a Walmart location from now until June 30, 2018, you will get a $20 account credit!

carol0313

I just purchased yesterday in walmart to get this promotion. they said this promotion may change day by day. but i think it end by JUNE 30.

carol0313

Yiatiohi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I suggest you go to Walmart with receipt in hand and let them figure it out.

Quinte
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey @smp99,

Makes sense to me. Even if you stayed with the $10 plan it would end up costing you just $10 for three months of service. And if you change to a new plan you will have that $20 to use toward the first month's payment. If it's any help, when I changed to the $40/month 4GB plan I made the change on the self serve menu so it would take effect the following month. (Other posters suggest you can change your Talk + Text plan to a Talk + Text + Data plan as soon as you receive the $20 credit.)

Just in case you only want data for maps, you could try a satellite-based maps app that uses your phone's GPS feature.

This may be of interest...

Add-on: $15 for 400 International Long Distance minutes

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

Are the countries you wish to call included?

And last but certainly not least; welcome to Canada!

Yiatiohi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes - you can port your old number to PM.  I encountered the same problem at my local Walmart and had to assist the clerck on how to do it .

Brar91

Hey I am a student in Kamloops and I read your thread regarding free SIM card till June 30, but there was no one to assist me with Public mobile at Walmart Kamloops.

I want to avail the free SIM and $20 credit promotion offer. My friend referred me to Walmart Kamloops.

Moreover, currently I am your FiDo without contract and can I continue with my same mobile number in Public Mobile.

thao

Boozers..had I known that I would've signed up for the other one 😞 Ah wells, I'm glad they have the $40 4GB promotion now !

MacMe

@thao wrote:

Hi, I activated my plan since June 6th $40 plan at Walmart and I haven't seen the $20 credit on my account yet...? 

Thao

The $40 plan is a talk and text and data plan.  Unfortunately, only talk and text plans are eligible for the $20 credit.

thao

Hi, I activated my plan since June 6th $40 plan at Walmart and I haven't seen the $20 credit on my account yet...? 

Thao

chiaki_05

@LEGO

No need to feel sorry Smiley Tongue English is not my mothertongue, so I'm always afraid I might get something wrong!

@smp99

Does it make sense to spend 10 bucks for a promotion just to have 20 bucks back and spend them on a new plan anyway? Plus I have no idea how long it will take for my plan to be changed once I make the change on the self-serve platform - and being an immigrant I will definitely need some GB to call my family/friends and to be able to use Google Maps in case I get lost in the HUUUUGE city of Toronto!

You shouldn't have to wait until after the credit is applied, to get the new plan "futuredated" for your next cycle.

If you want the $20 credit, get the card activated on a talk and text at Wal-mart, then when you get home, select the $40 for 40 plan in self-serve, and use the 'at renewal time' which is more than 20 days away...

Don't count on a couple of days for the 40 for 40 to stay alive - we have no idea when it will be gone.  ASAP is best to 'load' it for renewal.

dylanmorre2001

TRY AND ACRIVE A NEW ACCOUTN AND WLAMART REACTIVE MY OLD ACCOUNT I DITN WANT MY OLD NUEMRB DO HASSRMENT CALLS SAY I OWN MONEY TO CANADA WHEN I AM NOT CANADIAN CITIZEN I AM MEXICAN CITIZEN SO I AM ASK FOR HELP TO GET ANEW ACCOUTN WITH MY SAME SIM CARD

holtby19781

the agent activev my old account i didnt want it the new sim card was for a new account

smp99

@chiaki_05 you are correct. You can get a free SIM at walmart if you let Walmart activate the sim. The $20 credit has nothing to do with Walmart, that would come later from Public Mobile IF you signed up for an eligible talk/text plan, which you are implying that you will not. 

@LEGO was pointing out that you could get a $20 credit if you get an eligible plan then after day 1 (after you get the credit) you can immediately switch to the $40 plan with 4GB data. You also can get another $10 credit if you put someone's PM phone number in during activation. This referral credit applies to all plans. 

PM has typically given about 24 hours notice for the recent 'limited time offers' as to when they might end, so stay tuned in.

LEGO

@chiaki_05 

Sorry my friend, my bad! Woman Embarassed You are correct, Free SIM card is available and you are eligible if you activated at Walmart.

chiaki_05

@LEGO I'm officially puzzled. 

1) as I understand from what was written in the very first post, I should be able to as the offer ends on June the 30th: the offer is split in two and it says that IF I want to have the 20$ credit I necessarily have to choose a Talk + Text Plan.

In the second part of the offer is mentioned that I can get a FREE sim card as long as I buy and activate it INSIDE a Wal-Mart location but there is no restriction on plans, as I see it.

I am not interested in the 20$ credit as I need my data ready to be used asap.

So why is that the 40$ plan is not compatible?

Screenshots attached for your reference

Capture+_2018-06-18-01-15-59.png

Capture+_2018-06-21-14-48-13.png

LEGO

@chiaki_05 

• 1) No
  • 2) Limited Time Offer, might be still available
  • 3) No free SIM card with this offer

My suggestion, get this Talk + Text + free SIM card promotion (without Data), then after receiving credit (within 72 hours) change your plan immediately to "4 GB at 3G speed for $40".

chiaki_05

@Brooke_C @CS_Agent

Hi everyone!

I've been messaging with a moderator called Cedric for a while now but I still haven't figured out something about this promotion.

I am coming to Toronto on the 26th of June and plan to get a PM sim card the day after.

I would like to know:

1) Will I be able to get a FREE sim card if I buy&activate any 30/90 day plan (aka talk-text-data) at Walmart within the 30th of June?

2) If the "4 GB at 3G speed for $40" promotion will still be available, I'd like to sign up for that one during my SIM activation. 

If I will choose this one, will I still be able to get  a free SIM card if I buy&activate it at Walmart?

Hope I made my concerns as clear as possible... this is my first time in Canada and I'm trying to figure out so many things it feels like my brain is going to implode soon Smiley Frustrated 

Any head-up is greatly appreciated!

LEGO

@holtby19781 wrote:

MY OLD SIM ACRD WAS ACTIEV UDNE RTHE WRONGA CCOUTN 

I can’t imagine how would this happen! Please, give us more details of what happened, so that we provide proper solution. Thank you! Woman Happy

holtby19781

MY OLD SIM ACRD WAS ACTIEV UDNE RTHE WRONGA CCOUTN

Need Help? Let's chat.