cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Get a SIM + $20 bill credit when you activate a Talk + Text plan at Walmart!

If I already have a line and was thinking of getting a second line, will this promotion be available to me?  It says new customers only, wasnt sure if that meant you cant use it on a current account but opening a second line is ok,

Tags (1)
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Get a SIM + $20 bill credit when you activate a Talk + Text plan at Walmart!

PM and Walmart have preemptively coordinated all the problematic little details better on this promo rollout.  Korth approves!

Tags (1)

@djmitch99

I think a new account with a new phone number = a new customer.  Which will start "from scratch" with no billing history and none of the Loyalty/etc Rewards accumulated on your existing account.  You may need to register it with a different email.  You can probably use it as a Referral Reward.

Mayor / Maire

Well, it could have been worse.

Imagine IF K-Mart was still kickin in Canada

Attention K-Mart Shoppers, Public Mobile in aisle 9

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Does this offer include Walmarts in Canada? 

@Brooke_C wrote:

Hey Community, 

As a competitive response, effective today, we are offering a SIM card and a $20 account credit when you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at Walmart! This offer is available to new customers only until June 30, 2018.

How to Get this Offer:

• $20 account credit: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at a Walmart location from now until June 30, 2018, you will get a $20 account credit!
    • Eligible customers will be credited within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next renewal date.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message when the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate on any 30 or 90-day plan at a Walmart location.
    • If you wish to pick up a SIM card in-store and activate at home, you will be asked to pay the regular retail price by the retailer.
    • SIM cards purchased online will be regular price ($10 each)

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team 

@Yiatiohi Yes! Woman Wink

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activated at Walmart and they asked me for the number to use for the referral. So no, Walmart does not take the referral.

Mayor / Maire

@djmitch99 wrote:

If I already have a line and was thinking of getting a second line, will this promotion be available to me?  It says new customers only, wasnt sure if that meant you cant use it on a current account but opening a second line is ok,

There's no such thing at Public Mobile as opening a second line on a current account.  Each phone number that you have at Public Mobile be on it's own separate account.  The promotion is going to work for any new line activation.

@m199 Walmart will input referral number if you tell them so, otherwise they will leave that section blank. Referral numbers are not necessary for activation, but to recognize people who help a lot here, you could have choose one from Community Bravos Leaderboard and ask them for their number.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If I were a Walmart employee I could probably get my bill down to zero in no time