cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Get a SIM + $20 bill credit when you activate a Talk + Text plan at Walmart!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Update as of July 3, 2018: This offer will expire on July 4th, 2018. 

Updated as of June 29, 2018: This is now a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice.

Hey Community, 

As a competitive response, effective today, we are offering a SIM card and a $20 account credit when you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at Walmart! Note that this is now a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice.  

How to Get this Offer:

• $20 account credit: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at a Walmart location, you will get a $20 account credit!
    • Eligible customers will be credited within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next renewal date.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message when the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate on any 30 or 90-day plan at a Walmart location.
    • If you wish to pick up a SIM card in-store and activate at home, you will be asked to pay the regular retail price by the retailer.
    • SIM cards purchased online will be regular price ($10 each)

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team 

386 REPLIES 386

123obrien
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just Talk+Text

mobile-babe

@PJC wrote:

Does this include talk+text+data plans as well or just talk+text?

The plan only includes talk-text unfortuntely, not talk-text-data. They had a promotion a few weeks ago that included data as well and was 30$ off but it only ran for a week

mobile-babe

The plan only includes talk-text unfortuntely, not talk-text-data. They had a promotion a few weeks ago that included data as well and was 30$ off but it only ran for a weekend.

Andyrewr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

just a heads up the guys at walmart know very little about the plans so make sure to bring a copy of the promotion, and try to recruit them when u can XD

Hubertzh

Hi @tsunami

I think you can do so. But for the first month, you should choose tax and talk plan. For the second month, you can change to the data plan youself on the website.

Thanks.

sgio73

Awesome, Just applied for it and got the $20 right after few hours 

@tsunami wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@tsunami wrote:

Can I sign up for a talk and text plan at Walmart to take advantage of this offer. Then go home in self serve and sign up for the $40 4gb plan for the second month?

Yes, plus as soon as your account is active, pick that $40 plan under Change My Plan from within your self serve account. You can change your plan immediately or at expiry. 

At Walmart you should be able to just take the $10 talk/text plan to get started. Don't forget to give a friend as a referral so they can get the referral reward.

Thank you for the quick reply. Do I need to wait until I receive the $20 account credit before I change plans? I would like to sign up for the $40 4gb plan asap as it is a limited time offer.

Yes, better to wait. Keep checking for expiry date on the $40 4GB plan. If you don't get credit before expiry, just change the plan and have it renewed on your next renewal date. 

tsunami

@Luddite wrote:

@tsunami wrote:

Can I sign up for a talk and text plan at Walmart to take advantage of this offer. Then go home in self serve and sign up for the $40 4gb plan for the second month?

Yes, plus as soon as your account is active, pick that $40 plan under Change My Plan from within your self serve account. You can change your plan immediately or at expiry. 

At Walmart you should be able to just take the $10 talk/text plan to get started. Don't forget to give a friend as a referral so they can get the referral reward.

Thank you for the quick reply. Do I need to wait until I receive the $20 account credit before I change plans? I would like to sign up for the $40 4gb plan asap as it is a limited time offer.

@tsunami wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

tsunami

tylah

I thought this might be bad for referrals as well, but I just signed up using this promotion and was able to refer a friend of mine and received this promotion at the same time.

camilleisfunky

Thanks

Hubertzh

Hi, 

I have the same question before. But I got my credit now.

You can go through all the replies under this topic. You can definitly find the answer.

Good luck.

camilleisfunky

Hello

I opened my account on June 2nd at Walmart, talk & text $25/30 days.

I have not received the $20 credit. 

Who do I contact to have this checked out?

Thanks

Eux

Can confirm that this stacks with the $10 referral as well. Activated yesterday, received $30 this morning!

prithwirajj

What a nice surprise?

I activated a SIM card yesterday at a Walmart not knowing this deal.   I checked today and the credit had already been applied!

Thanx PM

• Available Funds: $22.00
  • Amount Due: $3.00
  • Payment Due Date: Jul 15, 2018

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Noreenmukhtar. You signed up for a talk/text/data plan. This promo is only for talk/text plans. You must have put in a referral number because I think all plans qualify for the $10 credit if you are referred. 

Noreenmukhtar

Got my SIM activated yesterday at walmart with $47 subscription ( unlimited canada with talk , unlimited international text and 1 GB LTE).

SIM was for free however I got a credit of only $10 into my account instead of $20 as per the advertisement. 

Any reason why I got only $10 credit??

horemansus
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@m199 wrote:

I just activated at Walmart and they asked me for the number to use for the referral. So no, Walmart does not take the referral.

Referrals work. Just give the phone # of the current PM member

I got 2 lines and the rep used the first line as a reference for the second one....worked

horemansus

ONLY in Canada

Trump is out of luck

garylinm

Thank you!

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey there Garylinm, yes you're eligible for a referral reward under those conditions 🙂

Yiatiohi

I did this but didn't port and just selected new numbers.   -----Went through Walmart and did received the Walmart $20 credit and free Sim card, but not the extra $10 referral credit to either account. I think I did see a $1 referral credit that would be re-occuring each month as long as the referred number is paid up. 

* Would suggest not to port your existing number in order to first try and make certain that PM is for you. You can always port your number at a later date.

garylinm

I already have a line with Public Mobile, and I want to port my another line that is with Freedom Mobilr to here. Can I get the referral reward? Both lines are under my name. Thank you!

Hubertzh

Yes. You can just follow @Anonymous 's suggestion. 

Good luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KevinN, if the promo was in effect at that time ( I'm on my phone,  so can't easily check),  you will need to send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to investigate.  

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

KevinN

I just set up a new talk + text plan/account with Public on May 19 and got free SIM card but not $20 bill credit.  How can I get this promotion applied on my account.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@Hubertzh, Thank you for your post 🙂 Please check your inbox and get back to me with the requested information.

Cheers 🙂

Aïssata

Hubertzh

Thanks very much for your help.

Hubertzh

Hi 

@rborowka,  I am in Quebec. We have this promotion in the walmart here.

Thanks.

Need Help? Let's chat.