cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Get 6 GB at 3G speeds for $45! OR Get 8 GB at 3G speeds for $50!

@Wonder_why, no I don't think so.  That would really be confusing, as Telus and Bell do not support 2G, and folks who currently set their phones to 3G for the '3G speed' plans would be without data completely.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I received a text message that I can migrate to Koodo and get the $40 plan with Unlimited Canada-wide calling and Unlimited Internatioanal texting, with 8GB data. But I am hesitant because by switching to Koodo they can change the plan pricing anytime. And this plan is offered for $75/month as a promo on their website, so I am hesitant to make the switch only to find out later that they will increase the price plan. They reserve the right to change pricing anytime without notice. 

Mayor / Maire

@majsiddiqui, the offer is valid, but even Public Mobile can change your pricing with at least 30 days notice.

Every carrier is the same in that matter - they must notify you of an increase, or any change before they force it on you.

Thanks for the reply, @stonechucker.

Any idea why Telus is moving customers from PM to Koodo by offering mouth watering promos?

Mayor / Maire

Prepaid service isn't meant to be a full-time gig.  Shareholders at Telus, want people on postpaid services, where it's easier to keep you tied to their service, and hopefully entice you to spend more.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am on a 90 day plan up in November. If I choose future date will I still be able to get this new plan of $50/8gb ?....missed it. I see that I can.

Mayor / Maire

@luckee7, yes you can future-date the plan change now, and it will renew in November for you.  Future dating locks it in, so if it disappears from the list of plans before then, you'll still get it.

You know I don't get the games they play. 

Basically in Canada we have...

Telus >>  Koodo >> Public

Rogers  >> Fido  >> Chatr

Bell >> Virgin >> Lucky

Then the others...

Freedom

Ice Wireless (Territories) 

PC Mobile (MVNO on Telus) 

Petro Mobile (MVNO on Rogers)

Zoomer Wireless 

I'm sure there's more MVNOs than this list. 

Funny enough each of the big three have teirs. You have their main brand, their flanker discount brand and their wholly prepaid brand. 

Interesting that it seems they fight among themselves on their own teirs and often against Freedom. I hope Shaw can improve their services to the point they're usable in all areas (basements for example).

So really in my opinion, they want to keep people moving up the chain. Public is a feeder for Koodo and a feeder to Telus. Telus wins no matter what they just want you on one of their many brands. 

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@luckee7

Please note that plan change from a high $ amount plan to lower $ amount plan on renewal date will fail.  This a known issue.  But you can do a plan change a few days before your renewal date to avoid no service for couple of days while waiting for moderator to fix the problem.

JL9
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The migration promo is almost too good lol