cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: UPDATED: Get 500MB AutoPay bonus data on select 30-day 3G data plans

That unfortunate that the $10 credits will drop off if changing to this new plan.

Though having said that...the $50 one time cost to permanently have an extra 500 mb bonus per month is probably worth it even if you are not a heavy user.

@dumbdobie1 wrote:

Though having said that...the $50 one time cost to permanently have an extra 500 mb bonus per month is probably worth it even if you are not a heavy user.

This assumes that the plan won't be still around in 5 months.  I can't predict the future, but I tend to think that this plan will still be around for the long haul. These 0.5GB data bonuses have been around for so long that I pretty much consider them permanent. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Get 500MB AutoPay bonus data on select 30-day 3G data plans

Thank you very much for doing the research and posting such a clear answer. I have two of the fall 2016 promos and added my kiddo to the PM family at the end of December with the $10/m promo for the $30 plan. ($25 referral bonus to me and to him too!)

Yesterday, it looked like a no brainer to forward date this change and add the 500mb to his account on his renewal. I appreciate your post as I have now gone in and removed that change in advance of the renewal date, no harm done Smiley Happy

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mimmo wrote:

@Tav I believe you should be fine as you are still on a 30$+ plan. I didn't see anything in the terms about switching plans canceling  the promo.

Will see if can get more info and will report back.

Edit: @Tav I just received this info:

"They will fall off of the $10 off for 6 months promo at that point as the promo is over and the $30 plan wasn't in market during those dates the promotion was on."

@mimmo I checked with the mods to try to get them to change my plan back (before I knew I could cancel the future change myself) and they told me I won't lose my $10 promo so there seems to be some conflicting info. Who did you hear your info from?

Screenshot 2019-01-25 at 11.59.30 AM.png

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I know the Oracles have stated your loose the $10 credit, but I haven't seen any official statement. Is there one? 

I thiought I read post back when the $10 / 6month promo started someone asked if you could open a $30 account then switch to the $10 plan would you loose the credit. The answer (from one of the Mods) was yes, you would loose the credit as you have to 'maintain' a min $30 plan. To me that is not the same as moving to another min $30 plan. eg - switching plans was ok and if you maintain the $30 min, you keep the credit. Any clarification would be great.

Oracle

hey @Tav, @saje_ward  I just saw this in the oracle section.  I hope it clarifies the issue Smiley Happy

@mimmo_L wrote:

@Alan_K if someone is on a new activation with the $10 off for 6 months promo switches to the +500 promo. Will it forfeit the remainder of their $10 credits?

A member asked in one of the threads.

@mimmo_L Correction on my first comment and good news! I confirmed with our systems team that the promo will not fall off as long as the plan they switch to is still $30+ /30 days - please spread the word!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo:

Maybe you could go back to your earlier post and edit it. Just a suggestion.

Oracle

@z10user4  which post are you referring to?  I edited my original post a minute or two  after posting the update.

@z10user4 wrote:

@mimmo:

Mayor / Maire

@mimmo wrote:

@z10user4  which post are you referring to?  I edited my original post a minute or two  after posting the update.

@z10user4 wrote:

@mimmo:

My apologies. Wrong one. I saw your "You will lose it" but didn't read exactly what you were referring to. Lazy apparently. I knew you had written something before so I thought I was being helpful. Alas. Smiley Happy

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Jessica_T wrote:

@smdannie wrote:

Hi, so I was on the previous $30 500mb plan with the 6month $10 promo and I just changed to the new $30 plan autopay promo without too much consideration. My question is will my $10/mon promo still be there every month or did I just screw myself?

Thanks

@smdannieDid you "change plan now" or did your "change at next renewal" ?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Activate-any-30-mo-plan-online-and-get-...

"If you fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for the $10 account credits."

"$30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans)"

That's still a $30+ plan, so I would say you are good, the system should ask

"Are they still on a $30+ plan?, Are they still in good standing?" Then apply credit.

But you would need to ask the moderator team to confirm, as that doesn't seem to be stated officially.

Although you may get different answers from different people, as of now, the official answer is that the future credits will be lost.  That is the answer that Public Mobile is going with for now.

hi all, are the latest(future $10 for 6 month credits will not be lost) supercede the above official answer? thanks