cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: UPDATE: Changes to Our In-Market Plans

@electrical2771 wrote:

Just for comparison with U.S. cellular offerings......... is there now or has there ever been a plan with the U.S. providers were they actually offered only state-wide calling and out of state calls would be considered long-distance? To my knowledge this has never existed in the U.S. but I could be wrong? Please elaborate.

I can't give an example of a state-wide plan but i can say for sure that many used to have local calling plans. This means that some calls within the same state would have extra long dsitance charges.

cbenny13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Freedom Mobile coverage isn't as good in my understanding? Public mobile uses the same towers as Telus, which means it's great coverage! Necessary for camping and trips!!

cbenny13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This really is the most cost-effective carrier. Really happy to have you for my service.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@cbenny13 

Lol....it was that lack of any service while camping that prompted a switch to pm from freedom while in town to resupply the liquor reserves and fresh bread quota.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

I just had a moderator confirm that those customers on the $35/2.5gb and $50/8.5gb "quebec" plan with the $5 discount will lose the discount if they change plans to the updated $35/3gb and $50/10.5gb plans. May be worthwhile to keep the discounted $35($30)/2.5gb plan but an extra 2gb of data for the $50 plan holds better value than the $5 discount. It's too bad pm won't allow a plan change to the updated versions and keep the discount. C'est la vie!

Stevieee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

so if we are already on the $35 plan will it auto bump up to 3gb from 2.5gb on our auto py plan 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Stevieee 

No...you should schedule a plan change on next renewal.

softech
Mayor / Maire

@Stevieee no, they don't "auto-upgrade". you need to explicitly change your plan to the current $35.  Best to choose change in the next cycle.

BlueB
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Stevieee wrote:

so if we are already on the $35 plan will it auto bump up to 3gb from 2.5gb on our auto py plan 

Like others have said, this is a manual process.  Here's another way to think of plan updates and changes from Public Mobile:

Plans and their features will change depending on what the business asks for them, whether in response to the market, planning for the future, internal business/finances, etc.  These changes could add features, add+remove different features, remove features altogether, change pricing, or a mix of anything.

They allow people who have bought in to a certain plan to keep/grandfather that plan.  If they force people to change into a "new" plan, it may appear like an Upgrade to some, but may appear like a Downgrade to others.

So, to keep things simple, they've allowed us to grandfather (keep) existing plans and change into the "new/updated" plan as we choose.  However, once we change into a new/updated plan, we can't switch back if it's no longer available.

In this case, it makes sense to upgrade people automatically, but often this may not be the case.  Glad you caught it though and able to upgrade, even if manually.  A similar thing happened to me!  🙂

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@BlueB 

Good synopsis, I agree. Yes many complain about not being automatically upgraded to newer improved plans. But we have all seen some downgrades to plans as well unless we’ve only been here for just a couple or three months and they leave us on the old better plan through that as well. So we can’t have it both ways.

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.