cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Contributors - June 2021

Andu_S
Customer Support Agent

Hi Community,

Thank you to everyone who contributed to the great conversations on the Community last month! The Community could not be such a great place to get support without you all.

We’d like to give a special thanks to all our members who earned Community Rewards for their contributions. These members were able to make a big impact and support their fellow Community members by providing detailed and high quality solutions.

A huge thank you to our Oracles, who go above and beyond by not only starting healthy discussions, but also help others to better understand our services and contribute to our awesome Community on a daily basis.

A big congrats to the 2 Community members who earned the Top 1% Reward. The daily work of these awesome folks is truly amazing!

And a big shout out as well to the 7 members who earned the Top 5% Reward and the 8 members who were in the Top 10%! Their contributions to the Community should not go unnoticed.

Together, the Community members in the top 1%, 5% and 10% had a total of 332 accepted solutions in June. Thank you all for your amazing work!

A monthly badge for your contribution level has been added to your Community profile.  A Community Reward will be given to all the contributors on a reward-eligible plan on your next payment due date.

Reward Chart.png

Want to learn more about how to be a top contributor? Getting started is easy. All you have to do is give help to your fellow Community members, acknowledge solutions, and share ideas.  And, of course, your suggestions and feedback will help us create a better experience for everyone.

Here’s how you can get started –

See a post you like? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

Andu_S_0-1626083903220.png

If someone is able to deliver a great solution to your problem, mark their response as an “Accepted Solution” to appreciate the efforts of your helper.

Andu_S_1-1626083903226.png

• The Public Mobile Community Team

175 REPLIES 175

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@barndoor 

The way things are currently, someoe could  could only post in this threaf and possibly receive a Community reward. 

@computergeek541   Are you saying that the only reward to  be gained from this thread would be from posting  because there will be no solutions here ? 

Let's not make a mountain out of a mole hill...

PM gives rewards to encourage participation and to maintain involvement... if giving rewards based includes Bravos, it is to encourage people to come here.... it keeps awareness of this forum top of mind.

Don't fret it!

@barndoor 

The way things are currently, someoe could  could only post in this thread and possibly receive a Community reward. That does depend on the activity of level compared to others too.

barndoor

@darlicious  .... yes, locking does seem a little extreme  when you put it that way and it does seem to be a fairly significant  feel good  announcement .

I'm sure the " formula " will take into account the abusers in the system . 😉

@barndoor 

Locking it means no one could comment so why even have the announcement then? There is no longer a shout out to the actual top contributors. No longer a bravo leaderboard to follow along or easily track ones progress or hold members accountable. Its only real purpose would then be to help confirm my statistics 

The way things are going the announcement thread may be the only place we can have a discussion or at least a puritanically cleansed one. Or it could just be moved to the lounge before the end of the month

barndoor

@Meow wrote:

Funniest thing is that first 5-6 posts got zillion Bravos like they resolved cold fusion mystery.

Top contributor post for a month should be locked after announcement...

I agree completely .. after doing a bit of research 

That is a strategy used to raise your bravo count   ...just post on the TC thread . 

The average range for the vast  majority of bravo counts is  between .75 and 1.75  bravos per post .  

barndoor

@Meow wrote:

There is no better feeling (at least for me) if I am able to help somebody even with my still limited knowledge of PM. Receiving Bravo is a sign I brightened somebody's day. Giving Bravo is a sign I learned something new or post is worth clapping hands (yes!, good answer! funny! I learned something new!).

I agree ... and that is why I would hope that a bravo has little reward weight and why I think the main residents here should stop advertising that it is reward related . So that the bravo retains its value as a true kudo  for a point well made . Not just a gotta get my count up for more reward so i'll do the whole page type of thing . 

A bravo should be its own reward. 😉

@Meow 

Agreed....and thank you.

@Yummy 

Agreed.

@barrascuk 

Agreed. 

This first time that I can recall a Top Contributors thread remaining on the landing page into the following month and has elicited ( @Anonymous  see I learned! lol!😃) a good healthy discussion on several topics that any new community member can contribute to and test the waters of participation without the fear of it being the wrong answer.

barrascuk

@Yummy wrote:

Getting rewards posting messages could be stimulating for many forum members.

I do appreciate when I read advises, potential solutions for issues members have, explanations why and what is going on at PM, etc.

Some solutions are repeated many times but 'Repetito Est Mater Studiorum' so it never hurts to refresh your memory and confirm Your solution would be almost the same.

It is possible to have 1, 2, or 3 respond at the same time. Some almost the same and some with a little extra. Those duplications are unintentional. Unfortunately there are some that wait for a response and then turn it into a epistle of over information and incorrect information that can leave a newbie overwhelmed and disappointed. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Getting rewards posting messages could be stimulating for many forum members.

I do appreciate when I read advises, potential solutions for issues members have, explanations why and what is going on at PM, etc.

Some solutions are repeated many times but 'Repetito Est Mater Studiorum' so it never hurts to refresh your memory and confirm Your solution would be almost the same.

@darlicious wrote:

@barndoor 

Lol....both my accounts are free. I may say I pay a couple of bucks a month on one but really it comes off my credit. If all of my referrals are active the crecit is untouched. I have $4 in loyalty to come still too.....so I am in a position that I don't need to contribute to the community for my services to remain free.

Loosing you as contributor @darlicious, will be Huge loss for community.

I and am sure many others have learned a lot from your posts.

I strongly believe you do not post to get a monetary credit as, as you mentioned, your PM accounts are free due to different discounts applied.

Getting a monetary credit is a nice perk but that should NOT be primary goal to post in forum.

There is no better feeling (at least for me) if I am able to help somebody even with my still limited knowledge of PM. Receiving Bravo is a sign I brightened somebody's day. Giving Bravo is a sign I learned something new or post is worth clapping hands (yes!, good answer! funny! I learned something new!).

barndoor

@Anonymous wrote:

@barndoor : So do you imagine it's just a random draw? Or oh we like barndoor this month...let's give him top 1%. Doesn't it stand to reason that getting a bravo is rewardable? Getting a solution is rewardable? Posting is rewardable? Those are the countable metrics for the site.

What's not public is how all of that is computed to come up with a score. Then what's not public is where they draw the line between the different levels.

Use yer noggin man  !!!   Sure a bravo  "may" be rewardable .   But in looking at how they are obtained  why would they carry  much weight  if the formula is developed  by someone that wants to encourage people to participate . i have had more likes in the last couple weeks from people just running down the page adding bravos than I have had from people who have obviously read the post . 

It takes effort to make a post , it takes knowledge to create a solution  .... a bird on the keyboard can ad a bravo  ...how much weight would you give it ? .... 

Did you not read Darlicious's  example comparison  ? How did the bravos play into that ? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barndoor : So do you imagine it's just a random draw? Or oh we like barndoor this month...let's give him top 1%. Doesn't it stand to reason that getting a bravo is rewardable? Getting a solution is rewardable? Posting is rewardable? Those are the countable metrics for the site.

What's not public is how all of that is computed to come up with a score. Then what's not public is where they draw the line between the different levels.

barndoor

@computergeek541 wrote:

Receviing bravos tends to lead to a Community reward which would reduce the amount needed to pay for the plan.

LOL     " tends "  ?     Isn't that  just a rumor and no one still has any idea how or if bravos factor into the rewards .

@barndoor wrote:

@jib_tech wrote:

@Meow 

I don't come here very often but they really saved my butt last month so I didn't lose my service.

@jib_tech   How so ?   I can't imagine if you didn't have enough payment available  that any number of bravos would keep you hooked up . 😉

Receviing bravos tends to lead to a Community reward which would reduce the amount needed to pay for the plan.

barndoor

@jib_tech wrote:

@Meow 

I don't come here very often but they really saved my butt last month so I didn't lose my service.

@jib_tech   How so ?   I can't imagine if you didn't have enough payment available  that any number of bravos would keep you hooked up . 😉

jib_tech

@Meow 

I didn't know I would get so many bravos for saying thank you. I don't come here very often but they really saved my butt last month so I didn't lose my service.

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Congratulations to everyone on a job well done!

Have a nice long weekend.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Congratulations winners. Keep rockin`

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Congratulations to all contributors. Let us continue to strive for the community and Public Mobile to improve as a whole.

zaidahmed
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Congratulations to all who received a reward. Thanks to all who help out in the community. I hope everyone is enjoying a safe summer.

@barndoor 

Lol....both my accounts are free. I may say I pay a couple of bucks a month on one but really it comes off my credit. If all of my referrals are active the crecit is untouched. I have $4 in loyalty to come still too.....so I am in a position that I don't need to contribute to the community for my services to remain free.

barndoor

@darlicious    I'm kind of a simple guy ...could you explain that to me  ...it makes no sense  .... why would your service not be free  ? and if it isn't  ,wow ,you sure don't trust the system if you have to stay up special  .... are you afraid of thunder too ...😀 😀 😀 

chainsawcowboy

Seems my post disappeared along with a few others? So I guess I will say Congratulations to all the participants in the community this month and you top fellas for lending a helping hand. It's much appreciated.

barndoor

@Meow wrote:

Why ? The announcement in all its glory is still there front and center .   Its just that you might be missing out on some of the sidetrack convos because they are harder to find  . 

@Meow 

Lol its called strategic posting....I was up waiting for site maintenance to finish so I could add a voucher to stave off a suspension when the thread was posted.....one post =$60 per hour...lol! What did I say I get...0.015 per hour?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy wrote:

@barndoor wrote:

If this was a charity  I would get it   ...why are you all congratulating each other for doing volunteer work for a  a  company that's making a profit from your goodwill and efforts to help others ? 

Every post counts... toward that $1 discount!

Sure, what the heck! $1 here I come!

Funniest thing is that first 5-6 posts got zillion Bravos like they resolved cold fusion mystery.

@barndoor wrote:

If this was a charity  I would get it   ...why are you all congratulating each other for doing volunteer work for a  a  company that's making a profit from your goodwill and efforts to help others ? 

Every post counts... toward that $1 discount!

Lots of us are in other groups helping people with things and *only* getting the satisfaction of helping someone so getting that *plus* a small kickback to lower our monthly cell bill is a nice perk. AND… I own lots of shares in TELUS so I may be getting a small kickback there in the form of dividends and share price as well.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barndoor : Because we recognize that it takes some work to get any reward along with the satisfaction of helping others. However the calculation goes for earning rewards, somehow all the activity counts. So patting each other on backs might net a return pat. And it all adds up.

Need Help? Let's chat.