cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Contributors - June 2020

Andu_S
Customer Support Agent

Hi Community,

Thank you to everyone who contributed to the great conversations on the Community last month! The Community could not be such a great place to get support without you all.

We’d like to give a special thanks to all our members who earned Community Rewards for their contributions. These members were able to make a big impact and support their fellow Community members by providing detailed and high quality solutions.

A huge thank you to our Oracles, who go above and beyond by not only starting healthy discussions, but also help others to better understand our services and contribute to our awesome Community on a daily basis.

A big congrats to the 2 Community members who earned the Top 1% Reward. The daily work of these awesome folks is truly amazing!

And a big shout out as well to the 8 members who earned the Top 5% Reward and the 9 members who were in the Top 10%! Their contributions to the Community should not go unnoticed.

Together, the Community members in the top 1%, 5% and 10% had a total of 462 accepted solutions in June. Thank you all for your amazing work!

A monthly badge for your contribution level has been added to your Community profile.  A Community Reward will be given to all the contributors on a reward-eligible plan on your next payment due date.

Reward Chart.png

Want to learn more about how to be a top contributor? Getting started is easy. All you have to do is give help to your fellow Community members, acknowledge solutions, and share ideas.  And, of course, your suggestions and feedback will help us create a better experience for everyone.

Here’s how you can get started –

See a post you like? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

Andu_S_0-1594207381207.png

If someone is able to deliver a great solution to your problem, mark their response as an “Accepted Solution” to appreciate the efforts of your helper.

Andu_S_1-1594207381213.png

• The Public Mobile Community Team

P.S. We’re trying out a new format for our Community Rewards announcements. Tell us what you think below!

79 REPLIES 79

@Jb456 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 

Page 4 poster dtack. 8 posts. Let me know if that qualifies for "just write anything"

I'm not trying to discourage ANY posting...it may not have come out just right but I was just trying not to give the impression that all that should happen is just post for the sake of posting but rather to encourage getting involved and actually helping out with useful posts. Hope that makes sense.

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thank you everybody you not only given me lots of help in June but for other people too. I'm going to need a whole lot more this month too! Great work!

@pm-smayer97 

Page 4 poster dtack. 8 posts.One there own question and 3 thank you responses.

Let me know if that qualifies for "just write anything"

@Jb456 wrote:

Congrats everyone especially @gblackma 

On a other note it doesn't take much to earn a reward. PM forumula needs more tweeking. Although Bravo's are not visible it seems like simply responding to every post regardless if it's detailed or correct, get Bravo's and you'll earn a reward.

One poster earned $1 for simply 8 posts. 4 of them was asking a question and 3 responses saying thank you 🙄

So just write anything on every post and you'll earn something lol

Yes, it is not that hard to earn something, at least the $1 (50% group), so it is encouraged to participate.

But although that may be true, that is not in the spirit of truly contributing to the community. To be of value, responses should be meaningful...so I would not encourage to "just write anything". I would say feel free to respond. And hopefully others will like and appreciate your reply.

@Luddite wrote:

@pm-smayer97  Count me among those pleased with the new look. 
BTW: you are totally free to post any data you can glean from your research. However, as it would represent a diversion from this thread's theme, suggest you create a new thread in the Lounge. 

Yes, I am aware that some are happy with it.

I have no interest in gleaning any such data (nor have I ever).  But to argue that this is a diversion from this thread is false....the title is "Top Contributors". And such a list would be exactly that.

And your stating that users are free to post such list is also false and I have it on good authority that this action has been chastised by PM.

@pm-smayer97  Count me among those pleased with the new look. 
BTW: you are totally free to post any data you can glean from your research. However, as it would represent a diversion from this thread's theme, suggest you create a new thread in the Lounge. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Congrats everyone especially @gblackma 

On a other note it doesn't take much to earn a reward. PM forumula needs more tweeking. Although Bravo's are not visible it seems like simply responding to every post regardless if it's detailed or correct, get Bravo's and you'll earn a reward.

One poster earned $1 for simply 8 posts. 4 of them was asking a question and 3 responses saying thank you 🙄

So just write anything on every post and you'll earn something lol

Barbie2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@gpixel you're the other one that got top 1%. Congrats 🙂  just learned to hover over people's names and see what they got! 

Barbie2

Congrats everyone! I think I contributed less last month but the same reward, so yay!

Great job top 1% @gblackma not sure who the other one is lol

@gpixel wrote:

@pm-smayer97 BUT STILL no true shout out... oh bother. This is getting old.

im sure our statistics advisor will post it for us soon 😊

Actually, sadly that will not likely happen as it seems PM has gone over the top on this issue and are now WARNING and BANNING customers from posting such info because they see it as "disrupting" and "causing disputes".

How utterly sad that a company that prides itself with claiming to have an open community, holding forums to get community feedback on how to increase participation, etc., would resort to shutting down such open communication.

Even removing the Leaderboard makes little sense in the big picture...after all, even this OP directs users to give Bravos and Accept Solutions...because there ARE the BIGGEST contributors to earning rewards with PM...and EVERYONE knows it. (Sure there are other factors but these ARE the biggest ones).

Worse yet is having some community members actually raise a stink over such a non-issue, and then PM caving in to such demands instead of taking a balanced leadership role and managing this by re-framing it as tools to encourage participation.

(Can you imagine a customer being banned simply for posting user IDs...as if this was such an egregious act...from a company that ONLY provides support through this community? The customer service angle on this is SO wrong!)

All these actions by PM are actually accomplishing the exact opposite. It is one of the reasons why, after trying many times to be a significant contributor and getting shot down and shut down because so many lose the forest for the trees and engage is such petty jealousy and envy over the meager rewards that are offered, that I simply do not contribute any where near what I used to (not that I was a "mad person" like some around here, but I did my part).

(don't get me wrong, they are appreciated BUT they are just tokens of appreciation from PM...BUT it is part of their advertising budget).

So welcome all you newbies to this "wonderful" community.

I just do not see why this is such a hot and divisive topic. Shout outs of user ids that are already anonymous and access to a Leaderboard so other can see the level of contribution by others and theirs is SO innocuous.

Oh well.

@fujiyama wrote:

Congrats to everyone who got a reward! Those who are at 10% and above: I still don't know how you do it lol *salute* (°-°)7

mad people, I say (in a good way). 😉

maggamoka
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This was my first month of participation in the forum, I was happy to receive a badge, but even happier to see the sense of  mutual help here. Answering questions through these forums helps keeping PM low for us, and for all users. 

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Congrats to everyone who got a reward! Those who are at 10% and above: I still don't know how you do it lol *salute* (°-°)7

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Great job. 

Congrats.jpg

fdrcamb519

@Andu_S 

Another month of members helping members, everyone stay cool and enjoy our beautiful summer.

@RM4 wrote:

So many questions. I wonder... are there a greater number of top 50% and top 25% then the past?  Is the same $ worth of rewards being given out with a different distribution?  Are top % badges actually a percentage of community or perhaps are the structured to encourage engagement and not actually percentage based?  Or are there just less rewards funds available?  Prior to Telus ownership were there rewards?  How were they distributed?  Was there transparency with rewards? Where in the budget do the rewards funds come from?  

@RM4  So many questions 🤣,  and none have definitive answers as the qualifying formula is hidden and changable at PM's sole discretion.

Nominally all forum participants last month are divided first into two pools - those who qualify for consideration and those that do not. Of those that qualify, again in theory, 50% qualify for a reward/badge.

Forum participants regularly muse on these questions. PM never responds.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@RM4 wrote:

So many questions. I wonder... are there a greater number of top 50% and top 25% then the past?  Is the same $ worth of rewards being given out with a different distribution?  Are top % badges actually a percentage of community or perhaps are the structured to encourage engagement and not actually percentage based?  Or are there just less rewards funds available?  Prior to Telus ownership were there rewards?  How were they distributed?  Was there transparency with rewards? Where in the budget do the rewards funds come from?  

are there a greater number of top 50% and top 25% then the past? No, FAR less

Is the same $ worth of rewards being given out with a different distribution?  No, less

Are top % badges actually a percentage of community or perhaps are the structured to encourage engagement and not actually percentage based?  No...based on participation (whatever that formula is); yes based on percentage (again, whatever the formula is)

Or are there just less rewards funds available?  Who knows...seems like a budget cut

Prior to Telus ownership were there rewards?  Yes... that has always been one of PM's attactions

How were they distributed?  Same

Was there transparency with rewards?A bit more...there used to be the Leaderboard which was a fairly good guide (though again, there is an unknown formula which does change every so often)

Where in the budget do the rewards funds come from? PM revenue.

Dtack

I was so excited as a first timer to receive an email and be rewarded a top 50%.  I love this Community and the help/advice that is provided.  Congratulations to everyone involved and thank you!

@pm-smayer97 BUT STILL no true shout out... oh bother. This is getting old.

im sure our statistics advisor will post it for us soon 😊

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for your contributions and making this forum helpful for all. Congrats everyone!!

RM4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Thank you all for all your time and help. No other provider has anything like this. Thanks Public

zblackma

Congratulations to everyone that contributed to the community. 

@shep22 wrote:

You folks are all the best give yourself a big pat on the back you all deserve it I know you help me a lot Thanks one and all

Of course, a congrats to all who earned something for the last month. It is about helping others.

BUT STILL no true shout out... oh bother. This is getting old.

So, since @Andu_S is still asking for suggestions, I suggest restoring the very anonymous list of names that actually qualified, to count as a true shout out.

@benfatto wrote:

@Andu_S  Format is fine. Bit sad only 2 in top 1%. 
Congrats all who helped keep the forum alive. 

It is actually VERY sad...because it is NOT because of a lack of participation. Far more used to qualify...but it seems PM has significantly reduced the number that qualify for each category in the last year or so. Not sure why though. And now without the Leaderboard, it is not even possible to get some insight.

Congratulations everybody! 👍

"you're my boy, blue!"

👏👍🍻🥂

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Well done everyone!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Congratulations everyone. Keep up the good work.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Congratulations and thank you everyone:)

Need Help? Let's chat.