cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System maintenance - From July 4th, 2020, 10:00 PM ET to July 5th, 2020, 08:00 AM ET

Silvio_M
Customer Support Agent

Hi Community,

Between July 4th, 2020, 10:00 PM ET and July 5th, 2020, 08:00 AM ET, you won't be able to do the following:

• Access your Self-Serve account
  • Activate a new account

System maintenance.PNG

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

38 REPLIES 38

@dacdoter

Lol......well she would let you know eventually once she stepped away from WiFi....l don't know maybe @nezgar knows a way of forwarding 611 SMS messages from your daughters phone to yours....? Let's see if they answer the bat signal....

dacdoter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don't receive it for the simple reason that it's my daughter's phone, and she pays attention to Instagram, but not SMS or Email 🙂

I gave my own email address as the owner of the account, so I'd rather the failed autopay notice went to ME, not the phone itself.

Dadlife22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Great, thanks for the info 😊

@lefty4666 

I agree with @gpixel  just hoping your account will pay for itself isn't going to do any good. Youve had an autopay failure. Whether or not it was caused by the system maintenance during your renewal or not the system only tries once to charge your card. If it fails its up to you to manually pay your account and reactivate it. Reboot your phone if necessary. If it still won't take your payment from your balance then log in to your account. Report your phone lost/stolen. Log out. Wait 5 min. Log in. Report found. Log out. Reboot. You should be good to go.....

@lefty4666 if your cards expiry date hasn't changed then I would call 611 and try to make a payment through there or you can login to your self serve account and manually add funds to your account. then click the "reactivate" button when you have "available funds" showing

amount due-01.jpeg

lefty4666

Hey Folks, did the system maintenance event and/or Canada Day and/or US Birthday cause problems with anyone else's PM phone service? I am on auto pay(about the 5th of the month I think) and all has gone perfectly for months. A couple of days ago began to get a message that my PM phone service could be re-established only if I made a payment at *611. Erratic stuff - finally a call went thru. Then I got PM texts which seemed to show all ok. But today, same message and no PM service, when I really needed it. Checking my bank account shows no auto withdrawl.....yet. Will this resolve itself as this special weekend period ends? Should I request a different auto pay date? Should I panic yet? Fred 

HTime

better now for data & plans 

thx

@dacdoter 

@dacdoter wrote:

Yeah, I just found out my daughter's cell phone wasn't working because my credit card expiry date changed with a new card a few months ago.  It still worked once in the month after the old one expired, but then didn't work in June, and I have no idea why Public Mobile didn't simply send me an email telling me I needed to go update the credit card info.

Instead here we are trying to switch to a new hand-me-down phone, it's not working, and it turns out it's nothing to do with the phone switch (we think), it's that they finally cut off her service because autopay didn't work and I wasn't notified!  Confusing!

My credit card expiry date changed recently and Public mobile did sent a text to my phone number about one month before it was expiring.  Other customers have had a similar warning text (not email).  Maybe your daughter received the text and did not mention it to you.  

@HTime...mine's fully functional now. I'm in BC.

Edit...the answers from Get Help page aren't working...I get a blank page.

HTime

Hello Community,

It seems like there is ongoing system maintenance - I can login, but can't see data usage or add data...

Hopefully later today we'll be back to full functionality.

@Kier-La 

You can get vouchers from shell stations that can be loaded via 611 on your phone immediately after purchase. You can also check if the Canadian tire gas bar has RTR which carries a $1 surcharge but your guaranteed your account gets loaded.

@Kier-La wrote:

I did not get any notification about this. My phone bill is due tomorrow, so I went to pay it now and the site is down. I have an important call tomorrow and cannot risk my phone not working.  How would I have seen this notice without coming to this site to pay my bill and finding it in maintenance mode? I did not receive an email or text about this maintenance window.

I would purchase a voucher online at a place such as recharge.com or ding.com who will e-mail you the voucher PIN. You can apply that top up by calling *611.

Kier-La
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did not get any notification about this. My phone bill is due tomorrow, so I went to pay it now and the site is down. I have an important call tomorrow and cannot risk my phone not working.  How would I have seen this notice without coming to this site to pay my bill and finding it in maintenance mode? I did not receive an email or text about this maintenance window.

@dacdoter 

Unfortunately the system doesn't read card expiry dates to monitor when they are going to expire. The onus is on you to update any accounts you have automated payments set up on when you recieve your replacement credit card. The only indication autopay can give you that it has failed is the missing text message from pm. The morning after renewal you always recieve two texts. The first is the one telling you your rewards have successfully been applied. The more important one follows telling you your plan has successfully been renewed. If you dont recieve it then you need to log in and check your account.Screenshot_20200704-231123_Messages.jpg

dacdoter

Yeah, I just found out my daughter's cell phone wasn't working because my credit card expiry date changed with a new card a few months ago.  It still worked once in the month after the old one expired, but then didn't work in June, and I have no idea why Public Mobile didn't simply send me an email telling me I needed to go update the credit card info.

Instead here we are trying to switch to a new hand-me-down phone, it's not working, and it turns out it's nothing to do with the phone switch (we think), it's that they finally cut off her service because autopay didn't work and I wasn't notified!  Confusing!

@MoreYummy wrote:

wondering what will be fixed this time

Lets hope they're going to shore up Autopay. Seems like it fails all to often.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

wondering what will be fixed this time

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RM4 Jeeze. My bad. I thought it said July 3rd to July 4th. 10PM ET to 8AM ET.

But still. During the other system maintenance selfserve was still usable. Endless i read the dates wrong on that too.

RM4

@BearFBI   it’s not yet July 4 10:00 pm ET yet... maybe it won’t be usable?  

@BearFBI, I manually add enough funds into my account and let the autopay take the funds from my account versus my credit card. It seems to work like a charm this way for me. I had issues with autopay linking to my credit card, and this manual way seems to work for me. 

Plus, when we have system maintenance like this, it's always good to make sure your account have funds so that when it goes down, you won't lose your loyalty rewards (but likely, you can always chat with the moderators or SIMon, if it's there error!)

BearFBI

Does system maintenance effect anything at all ?

"Between July 4th, 2020, 10:00 PM ET and July 5th, 2020, 08:00 AM ET, you won't be able to do the following:"

• Access your Self-Serve account
  • Activate a new account

I can still acsess my selfserve account and the account activation page is still active. I always thought selfserve was unusable during system maintenance.

Pawprints1986

@geopublic in that case, maybe they should be? Maybe that's what they're doing? I never had issues that way on koodo but it was pre auth post paid, so probably different again. I know they try a total of 3 times before you have to make a manual payment. PM trying more than once would even be an upgrade, for those that it has failed for

@BearFBI  I have been both a Telus and Koodo customer for many years and never had any AP issues so I would have to say no my guess is they do not use the same system.

BearFBI

@geopublic I do understand PM is a third teir provider but the autopay system is the thing that renews more than 80% of the accounts on this 3rd teir provider, Autopay is what makes the service work for loads of people.

How does Lucky do it ? What about Chatr ? I wonder if they have problems. I would expect PM's systems to be better as we don't have live support. 

Also Telus prepaied and Koodo prepaied have autopay. Does PM use the same system ? 

Pawprints1986

What would the higher tiers do ? They must do system upgrades on occasion... 

@Naepalm wrote:

..... It should go to the top of the list for bugs. Customers should not have to suffer because of this.

Judging by the fact this is an ongoing problem since I've joined, my guess is that it is not a bug and in order to fix it it will require a system overhaul . Public is a tier 3 provider so they need to keep the hand me down Pinto running to control costs. The fact that the Pinto is running 95-98% of the time is pretty impressive though. 🙂

@BearFBI @Pawprints1986 I totally agree with both of you on this. It should go to the top of the list for bugs. Customers should not have to suffer because of this. I am sure PM is working on this as the effects of this could deter new customers and push away existing ones. 

BearFBI

@Naepalm I wish they could fix autopay one day. There are many users having issues, then in the morning their account becomes suspended leaving them without service. I think this is the biggest bug/issue of them all.

Pawprints1986

@Naepalm it is strange that pre auth anywhere else only fails if your card info is not accurate, but here people have had it fail on the system side when the card is fine and updated with proper info and expiry

@geopublic hopefully the reason they are shutting it down is to work on the glitchy autopay and we wouldnt have to warn people to top up their accounts. 

If anything has been a thorn it is that autopay fails. They should have a 1 day grace period before shutting down someones service when auto pay or sending a text that says your account will be suspended in 8 hours if you do not top up. Anyway, rant over lol. 

Need Help? Let's chat.