cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: System maintenance - From July 4th, 2020, 10:00 PM ET to July 5th, 2020, 08:00 AM ET

@Naepalm it is strange that pre auth anywhere else only fails if your card info is not accurate, but here people have had it fail on the system side when the card is fine and updated with proper info and expiry

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: System maintenance - From July 4th, 2020, 10:00 PM ET to July 5th, 2020, 08:00 AM ET

@Naepalm I wish they could fix autopay one day. There are many users having issues, then in the morning their account becomes suspended leaving them without service. I think this is the biggest bug/issue of them all.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI @Pawprints1986 I totally agree with both of you on this. It should go to the top of the list for bugs. Customers should not have to suffer because of this. I am sure PM is working on this as the effects of this could deter new customers and push away existing ones. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Naepalm wrote:

..... It should go to the top of the list for bugs. Customers should not have to suffer because of this.

Judging by the fact this is an ongoing problem since I've joined, my guess is that it is not a bug and in order to fix it it will require a system overhaul . Public is a tier 3 provider so they need to keep the hand me down Pinto running to control costs. The fact that the Pinto is running 95-98% of the time is pretty impressive though. 🙂

Highlighted

What would the higher tiers do ? They must do system upgrades on occasion... 

Highlighted

@geopublic I do understand PM is a third teir provider but the autopay system is the thing that renews more than 80% of the accounts on this 3rd teir provider, Autopay is what makes the service work for loads of people.

How does Lucky do it ? What about Chatr ? I wonder if they have problems. I would expect PM's systems to be better as we don't have live support. 

Also Telus prepaied and Koodo prepaied have autopay. Does PM use the same system ? 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI  I have been both a Telus and Koodo customer for many years and never had any AP issues so I would have to say no my guess is they do not use the same system.

Highlighted

@geopublic in that case, maybe they should be? Maybe that's what they're doing? I never had issues that way on koodo but it was pre auth post paid, so probably different again. I know they try a total of 3 times before you have to make a manual payment. PM trying more than once would even be an upgrade, for those that it has failed for

Highlighted

Does system maintenance effect anything at all ?

"Between July 4th, 2020, 10:00 PM ET and July 5th, 2020, 08:00 AM ET, you won't be able to do the following:"

• Access your Self-Serve account
  • Activate a new account

I can still acsess my selfserve account and the account activation page is still active. I always thought selfserve was unusable during system maintenance.

Highlighted

@BearFBI, I manually add enough funds into my account and let the autopay take the funds from my account versus my credit card. It seems to work like a charm this way for me. I had issues with autopay linking to my credit card, and this manual way seems to work for me. 

Plus, when we have system maintenance like this, it's always good to make sure your account have funds so that when it goes down, you won't lose your loyalty rewards (but likely, you can always chat with the moderators or SIMon, if it's there error!)

Need Help? Let's chat.