cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing some love to our customers with 1 GB of data, on us!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

What a hectic week full of exciting updates and improvements! We know there’s been a ton of change this past week, and we want to make sure that our longer tenured customers don’t feel left out! 

Even though our look and feel has changed, we’re continuing to focus on being customer-first. Thanks for hanging in there with us, and we hope you’re ready to grow together with us because we love having you here! 🙂 Whether you’re a long-time Community guru, or someone who just joined a month ago, we’re for you.

That’s why we’re excited to share a public display of affection with customers who were with Public Mobile since before our big brand refresh (more eligibility details below), as a token of our appreciation.

What’s up for grabs:

• $0 1 GB bonus data Add-On
  • Does not expire until fully consumed
  • The data speed will match the speed of the data that is included as part of your rate plan. If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 4G LTE Speed. 

Eligibility criteria:

• Bonus Data Add-On will be automatically applied to customer accounts that were activated as of August 19, 11:59 PM ET or before
  • Account must be active at the time of August 19, 11:59 PM ET and continue to remain active until at least September 4, 2019.
  • If your account falls into suspend before September 4, you will become ineligible for the bonus Data Add-On.

How to claim your data:

• No action required- on August 23rd, eligible customers will receive an SMS from Public Mobile confirming you’re on the list!
  • Bonus Data Add-Ons will be applied within 2 weeks of receiving the confirmation SMS. Note: Please allow the two week period to pass before reaching out to the Moderator Team if you are expecting a bonus Data Add-On.
  • Once it’s been applied to your account, you will receive a confirmation SMS. 

Happy net surfing!

-Public Mobile Community Team

632 REPLIES 632

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

One time. Once used up its gone!

@Think wrote:

will this be for life time?

Think
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

will this be for life time?

ferber
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Help, trying to update credit card info but can't access account or get any email links from you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LesMis24601 

Here's one thing we don't know...we don't know if the people that have not received the eligibility text have possibly unsubscribed or blocked or disabled receiving texts from Public Mobile some time in the past. Maybe some people don't like being pestered with things from their provider.

The eligibility one came from 5131. The now added one came from 100. The 5131 has an unsubscribe option. The 100 does not. I don't know if all or some or none of the texts that PM sends out can be blocked. But certainly the one mentioning offers can be.

I'm saying being nice because you seem to be getting a little frantic over not getting a text on one account to receive a freebie.

I would still wait until after Sep 4 before contacting the moderators wondering why you  weren't eligible and/or why you didn't get it.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Well done public mobile... I received the email and the text  stelling me I have the free 1 gb of data. I checked my account and there it is. My biggest worry when I switched to pm was not being able to deal with a actual human being (my preferred method...i also like paper billing...but I also really like saving money!)  The only problems ive encountered have been with a human at a store.

@mixdaliIf your phone doesn't have data before, you will need to enable data. If you are using an Android phone you will also need to configure the APN settings for it.

SAzimeh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So happy, cannot wait to get it!!

@mixdali wrote:

It would be amazing if it actually worked. I turned on data but when I try to browse says no internet connection is available. No use for that 1GB apparently.

Maybe try rebooting your phone first.

@LesMis24601 wrote:

Hi Dabr,

I’m grateful for the free gig from Public Mobile. Thank you for writing back to acknowledge my question is valid and I hope they can put out a response because it can cause panic when one thinks that they are not included. I took Jb456’s advice and wrote them already. Thx again, eh! 😁👍🏻

Hopefully, you'll get a response soon as some users are posting a bit of wait. Good Luck:)

LesMis24601

Hi Dabr,

I’m grateful for the free gig from Public Mobile. Thank you for writing back to acknowledge my question is valid and I hope they can put out a response because it can cause panic when one thinks that they are not included. I took Jb456’s advice and wrote them already. Thx again, eh! 😁👍🏻

GP816

ok.thanks

mixdali

It would be amazing if it actually worked. I turned on data but when I try to browse says no internet connection is available. No use for that 1GB apparently.

LesMis24601

@GP816 wrote:

hi there

my account was active on august 19 and is on auto payment mode.i havent received any such offer.can anybody can helo me

Hi GP816,

we are in the same boat. Write the Moderator Team at the link below and give as much details as possible (Eg. Account info, Mobile number, etc). 

I just wrote them too. I was helped just before you. Likely, they are wiring on it but may have a few of us, so write them and they will get back to you within a day or three? Don’t quote me but I know they’re out there looking after us. 😃

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@GP816 wrote:

hi there

my account was active on august 19 and is on auto payment mode.i havent received any such offer.can anybody can helo me

@GP816   Wait until the end of next week to see if the free data gets added to your account.  If it doesn't then you will need to message the Moderator_Team and ask for it.

GP816

hi there

LesMis24601

@Jb456 wrote:

@Triguy wrote:

@LesMis24601 @Jb456 

Please allow the two week period to pass before reaching out to the Moderator Team if you are expecting a bonus Data Add-On.Please allow the two week period to pass before reaching out to the Moderator Team if you are expecting a bonus Data Add-On.

It takes time for all the eligible accounts to receive the bonus.  I'm still waiting for it.

Yet another one that doesn't read lol.

Triguy,

The person (Les) is well aware it could take two weeks for the free gig....that is not even his original question.

His original question was one of his children did not receive the first text from PM (Aug 23rd) stating he was eligible for the free gig.

Jb456, 

✌🏻😁✌🏻

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!! Thank you for your help and validation!  😂 

@LesMis24601  Sorry I think I missed the part in your earlier question that one of your children never got the text about the the free add-on.  I believe I've read a couple of other users who have also mentioned not getting the text even though they qualify. 

I'm afraid it can be a bit of hit and miss when PM sends out the text notices, however, that shouldn't prevent your son from getting the free add-on.  Like I said earlier, if by end of next week he doesn't see the add-on then it will be time to contact the moderators.  Hopefully, that won't be necessary:)

@Triguy wrote:

@LesMis24601 @Jb456 

Please allow the two week period to pass before reaching out to the Moderator Team if you are expecting a bonus Data Add-On.Please allow the two week period to pass before reaching out to the Moderator Team if you are expecting a bonus Data Add-On.

It takes time for all the eligible accounts to receive the bonus.  I'm still waiting for it.

Yet another one that doesn't read lol.

Triguy,

The person (Les) is well aware it could take two weeks for the free gig....that is not even his original question.

His original question was one of his children did not receive the first text from PM (Aug 23rd) stating he was eligible for the free gig.

happycamper

Hey PM - thanks so much - very much appreciated.

Saludos

@tehowennathe wrote:

This is the reason PM is one of the best in Canada. Keep up the amazing work

LesMis24601

@Triguy wrote:

@LesMis24601 @Jb456 

Triguy

I think you need to read my message again in my original post. Sorry, but not sure you understand my question. 

You are writing me assuming that I already have a confirmation SMS. I do not have one for one of our family members but everyone else has theirs and received the 1 GB data bonus.

🎊🎈😃👍🏻Thank you to you public mobile! 

Triguy,

How can one expect any ad on for bonus data unless we get a confirmation SMS from Public Mobile? I am asking for my kid who didn’t get the confirmation SMS.  

If there is a confirmation SMS then we should patiently wait. But we are missing a SMS from Public Mobile. 

I have contacted the moderator to ask for help. I think they are the only ones that can answer this mystery question. But there is also someone else who wrote in as well to share that they also were missing someone in their household that didn’t get a confirmation SMS from public mobile too.

Triguy,

without that Public Mobile SNS conforming text, we cannot assume our Sim was eligible for this bonus either. We activated the Sims in Spring 2019, that was the only requirement. 

Please do go back and have a read of my original post. Thank you.

@LesMis24601 @Jb456 

LesMis24601

Hi Jb456

many thanks! 😁👍🏻

@Jb456 wrote:

LesMis24601,

Use this link to contact the moderators. It may take a few days for you to get a response from them but they will be in touch with you.

Provide as much info as possible. Such as:

-account number for each child

-which account did not receive the original text from Aug 23rd to confirm eligibility of 1gb.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

LesMis24601,

Use this link to contact the moderators. It may take a few days for you to get a response from them but they will be in touch with you.

Provide as much info as possible. Such as:

-account number for each child

-which account did not receive the original text from Aug 23rd to confirm eligibility of 1gb.

LesMis24601

maheshboloor,

Thank you for your reply! Good to know we are not the only ones wondering about some in our group not yet getting the confirmation text for August 23rd.  It is important to reach out to others here because it cannot be and should not be assumed that we are included. I think if we all received confirmation texts on the August 23rd date (per Public's announcement), we know we are included. Like having a ticket to the show. We are very grateful for free data but if we have no ticket, we need to get help. This is one way to go about it, here on this forum, right? 

😃

lon_h
Thanks so much, just got it.

LesMis24601

z10user4,

Thank you for commenting on my post. I appreciate all the feedback.

🤔

I am confused why you are asking me to be nice about it. What part of my post appears to be not nice? One of the PM community members immediately understood my question. 7 out of 8 replies came in earlier and it was obvious they had not understood my question. 

I did acknowledge and continue to acknowledge the 1GB is a gift from Public Mobile. Totally agree with you! 😃

The replies from all well meaning people that wanted to help, but rushed to answer me. The “problem” is the answer was not related to my question. 

I explained and asked that the subsequent replies reflect what the actual question or address the purpose of my post. 

It is important to thank everyone once once again for their support and replies. It is also necessary to point out the answer was not related to the question. 

I get it. Helping others in this community is part of a great way to reduce one’s monthly bill. This is pretty cool! 

maheshboloor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

@LesMis24601 

So all except the oldest got the first text, got the gift, got the gift text. Correct? The oldest account hasn't received any of those pieces?

I'd still wait until Sep 5. But I'd also be nice about it. It's a gift after all.

@Anonymous it seems random. Me and my wife got our accounts the same day and I have got the bonus data already and my wife hasnt. Yes, wait until Sep 6th and if you haven't gotten the data by then contact the mod team.

DougWoodman

This is really good. My 1 Gb free data just showed up. Really nice as I only have 250 Mb per month and have to keep a close eye on usage to not go over. This free Gb takes the pressure off of monitoring. A great bonus to my account. Thank you PB for your generousity. I am happy to have the head room. I am wondering whats next, PB, this could be a hard act to follw. Thanks again for the gift...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LesMis24601 

So all except the oldest got the first text, got the gift, got the gift text. Correct? The oldest account hasn't received any of those pieces?

I'd still wait until Sep 5. But I'd also be nice about it. It's a gift after all.

saurieng

this is great. thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.