cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing some love to our customers with 1 GB of data, on us!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

What a hectic week full of exciting updates and improvements! We know there’s been a ton of change this past week, and we want to make sure that our longer tenured customers don’t feel left out! 

Even though our look and feel has changed, we’re continuing to focus on being customer-first. Thanks for hanging in there with us, and we hope you’re ready to grow together with us because we love having you here! 🙂 Whether you’re a long-time Community guru, or someone who just joined a month ago, we’re for you.

That’s why we’re excited to share a public display of affection with customers who were with Public Mobile since before our big brand refresh (more eligibility details below), as a token of our appreciation.

What’s up for grabs:

• $0 1 GB bonus data Add-On
  • Does not expire until fully consumed
  • The data speed will match the speed of the data that is included as part of your rate plan. If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 4G LTE Speed. 

Eligibility criteria:

• Bonus Data Add-On will be automatically applied to customer accounts that were activated as of August 19, 11:59 PM ET or before
  • Account must be active at the time of August 19, 11:59 PM ET and continue to remain active until at least September 4, 2019.
  • If your account falls into suspend before September 4, you will become ineligible for the bonus Data Add-On.

How to claim your data:

• No action required- on August 23rd, eligible customers will receive an SMS from Public Mobile confirming you’re on the list!
  • Bonus Data Add-Ons will be applied within 2 weeks of receiving the confirmation SMS. Note: Please allow the two week period to pass before reaching out to the Moderator Team if you are expecting a bonus Data Add-On.
  • Once it’s been applied to your account, you will receive a confirmation SMS. 

Happy net surfing!

-Public Mobile Community Team

632 REPLIES 632

maheshboloor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Nice!! Also the fact that it will be automatically added is a plus. Thank you PM.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Awesome! Just joined earlier this month. Loving public mobile already.

sbreakin

Wow.  Thank you from a loyal 3 year customer. 

Such a nice surprise and as echo above without tricky sign ups, just added. Great. 

We have 2 accounts with PM ($40 promo & $15 for kids) and will appreciate the bonus. 

LA21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just switched to PM last week and already very happy customer service. I will be reccomending PM to family and friends. 

youbme

Well done public mobile! Nice to see PM thinking about existing customers for promos.

Bigpointguy

Well, what an unexpected treat. Thanks P M! And btw the new colour scheme appears to be making ZERO difference in your service. 🙂 

all the best,

Pat

Patrick95
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yay, thanks!!

TheGx

@tehowennathe wrote:

This is the reason PM is one of the best in Canada. Keep up the amazing work

Public is the best, not one of the best, no other phone company gives out free data that has no expiry date - other phone companies give out freebies that expire, like free minutes or free data that expires if not used in a month.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

Very different to get data free without asking. Thank you.

zfx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PM is the best! I'm so glad that I've been with PM since earlier this year!!

SomeFriend

That's amazing!  I actually ran out of data this month...  I'm on the $15 plan with the tiny 250MB allowance (it typically works for me.. ish...  but not sure what happened, when I even went on vacation and 1/3 of the time was on another SIM) so this will be awesome and will cover a bit of overage and act as a buffer in case I go over that little bit..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kalpesh9 wrote:

Would this add-on of 1gb will be applied to new customers ?

If you signed up on or before yesterday then you should be eligible. If you signed up today then not.

It says before Aug 19 11:59pm ET.

Edit: ninja'd

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kalpesh9 wrote:

@kalpesh9 

No.  As per the announcement,  "account must be active at the time of August 19, 11:59 PM ET and continue to remain active until at least September 4, 2019."  In other words, you'd already have to be a customer on August 19th to qualify.

kalpesh9

Himanshu1

Thanks for the exciting news 

In my 1 month with public mobile, I have absolutely loved the services and this is a cherry on the cake 

Thank you!!

Jonavin

Thanks not making us do it manually. Free addons are great!

JanP

This is great. Public mobile is sure different - and so much better - than any other plan I've had. Thanks!

NJC

Darn, 18hrs too late. 😐

RM4

Yay!  Thank you so much!  

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

Quick response for matching Lucky's unlimited data!

YVR

Great news for all existing account holders!  Nice be get a bonus just for being on Public Mobile!

Tweetynumair

Glad the perks aren't just for new users!

dZilla

It's like a twilight zone episode where a company does the exact opposite of what any other company does.

Awesome thanks

Click here to enter the twilight zone

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Awesome, thanks! 

Poogzley

This is fantastic! I hope to see more promotions for exiting customers in the future ☺️

It's nice to know that we are not forgotten.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

I'll echo what everyone else has already said.  That's super nice:)

Thank you PM!

OKNitro
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Beauty! Cheers!

Sarlye

@Alan_K wrote:

Hey Community,

What a hectic week full of exciting updates and improvements! We know there’s been a ton of change this past week, and we want to make sure that our longer tenured customers don’t feel left out! 

Even though our look and feel has changed, we’re continuing to focus on being customer-first. Thanks for hanging in there with us, and we hope you’re ready to grow together with us because we love having you here! 🙂 Whether you’re a long-time Community guru, or someone who just joined a month ago, we’re for you.

That’s why we’re excited to share a public display of affection with customers who were with Public Mobile since before our big brand refresh (more eligibility details below), as a token of our appreciation.

What’s up for grabs:

• The data speed will match the speed of the data that is included as part of your rate plan. If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 3G Speed. 

Eligibility criteria:

• Bonus Data Add-On will be automatically applied to customer accounts that were activated as of August 19, 11:59 PM ET or before
  • Account must be active at the time of August 19, 11:59 PM ET and continue to remain active until at least September 4, 2019.
  • If your account falls into suspend before September 4, you will become ineligible for the bonus Data Add-On.

How to claim your data:

• No action required- on August 23rd, eligible customers will receive an SMS from Public Mobile confirming you’re on the list!
  • Bonus Data Add-Ons will be applied within 2 weeks of receiving the confirmation SMS. Note: Please allow the two week period to pass before reaching out to the Moderator Team if you are expecting a bonus Data Add-On.

Happy net surfing!

Happy Dance!!!

Yay! I can't wait for the confirmation SMS!! So happy to be with PM and refer 2 family members on it!!

jonfirlotte

This awesome, thanks! PM rocks!

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K wrote:

Hey Community,

What’s up for grabs:

• The data speed will match the speed of the data that is included as part of your rate plan. If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 3G Speed. 

Eligibility criteria:

How to claim your data:

Happy net surfing!

@Alan_K , although the 1GB thing is of token of appreciation, The Current Changes make this more of a blight and Bittersweet. Hard to Fathom the changes that are currently happening.

I hope PM will eventually reverse some of the Most Unpopular Changes, and Listen to the PM Clients who have a deep appreciation and admiration for PM'S original Mandate.

Not trying to complain, But these recent Changes make one's stomach Churn with 💓 Burn.

Need Help? Let's chat.