cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share the love: get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

*This offer has been extended to March 31, 2019.

*This offer is online-only.

Hey Community,

From February 14th until March 31st, 2019, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca.
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own so you get credit for the referral.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

FAQs

Spoiler

Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs

1. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards?

Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $25 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $25 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here.

2.I am a Legacy customer. Am I eligible for these rewards?

Legacy customers are not eligible for rewards. However, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.

To learn more about Reward eligibility and Rewards,visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules . If you would like to take advantage of this promotional offer, our support team can help you switch your plan to one that is currently available.

3. As the referral receiver, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit, as well as this $25 Refer a Friend credit?

No, these credits are not stackable. Instead, you will receive a total of $25 via an account credit, rather than the ongoing $10 Refer-a-Friend Reward credit.

4. When does this promotion end?

This promotion will end March 31, 2019 11:59PM ET.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.
  • While Legacy customers are not eligible for Public Mobile Refer a Friend rewards, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
  • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
  • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
  • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• Must activate on a 30 or 90-day plan with Public Mobile.
  • You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile phone number) during your activation.
  • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

460 REPLIES 460

homer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

yay offer extended 

nrg_svr
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Great promo - got three signed up in the last week, hoping to get 1 more! Have SIMS on hand! London Drugs had a nice display in the store when I went in to buy a couple extra.

fanfan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

One way to tell the difference between $10 referral In-Store Telus/Public Mobile portal activation VERSUS $25 "at home" activation.

In-Store activations don't ask you to create a secret question/answer.  Once in-store activations are complete, it requires you to insert the sim into your phone, and eventually you will need to sign in to your account which at that time, it will ask you more setup questions.  So if you don't see the step that asks you to create a secret question/answer while you are activating in-store, then you can assume you are only going to get the $10 promo, and not the $25 credit for both parties.

At home activations will ask you to create a secret question/answer.  And then when you log in online, you won't need to set up anything further.

Also, this weekend has an in-store activation promo for a Free Sim and Free 2nd month of service BUT it will only result in $10 referral for new user and not the $25 for both parties.

Pizzaeh

When you're activating online with a referral, there is a section titled 'Were you referred to Public Mobile by a friend?' (scroll to the bottom of the screenshot).  That's where you will enter the referral phone number.  

Screenshot 2019-03-27 at 11.25.10 AM.png

@hephzibah wrote:

hi is this still available?

Yes, this offer is available until 11:59pm EDT on Sunday.  (online activations online and you need to be referred by an existing Public Mobile customer)

Metal1967

@hephzibah wrote:

@hephzibah 

Yes..till the 31st

hephzibah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

asimhg

I need one referral please.

@lehuo, @Pizzaeh, @Sekiro, @Lieux, @computergeek541, @mimmo

Morale of this story. Mobile sellers will say or do anything to sell you a plan.

Here's hoping the kiosks announced last month will be a step in the right direction

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Special-Announcement-Revealed/m-p/33148...

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

all we can do on our end is flag the locations @mimmo, but at the end of the day they are not Public Mobile employees. I suggest sending a message to Brooke or Alan, they are the best people to reach out to regarding this.

Thanks,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Sekiro
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@lehuo  I can tell you from experience that those reps do not know all and in this case you were definitely misinformed and he got a referral credit by you activating through his number. I don't know how this has ANYTHING to do with Public Mobile and the way you reacted shows you need to use your brain for a little and just think about it. Don't like this cloud your judgement but instead take this as an experience and move on. I learned not to believe anything these "reps": say and I do my own research first before hand so I won't ever fall for this again.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mary_M  why can't anything be done to fix the Walmart issue.  Issues have occurring so often.  I know you have been keeping track of Walmart locations, but so far there have been no improvements.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @lehuo,

we do understand that this may not have been the answer you were looking for, but we'll have to ask you to refrain from posting such messages. These comments are taken very seriously.

We also want to reconfirm that Wal Mart reps are not Public Mobile reps. Should that specific store refuse to sell you a sim card, you're always free to visit another retailer, such as WoW Mobile, K Mobile and London Drugs.

Thank you,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@lehuo wrote:

Seems the Mod cannot help.  See me in CP24 

What did the mods say? If you don't feel that is getting you anywhere, you can try again, or you have the right (as all customers do) to file a complaint to CCTS.

lehuo

Seems the Mod cannot help.  See me in CP24 

@lehuo wrote:

Thanks for your suggestions. I will send the PM first to see what will happen. If nothing they can do, I will (removed) the salesman.

Wo wo wo..the salesman is just doing what the boss told him to do.Smiley Wink

lehuo

Thanks for your suggestions. I will send the PM first to see what will happen. If nothing they can do, I will (removed) the salesman.

Edited by computergeek541: removed due to violation of community guidlines (whether intended as a joke or not)

Pizzaeh

@lehuo wrote:

Yesterday, I went to Walmart at 255 Silver Linden Dr, Richmond Hill, ON L4B 4V5 to buy the Public Mobile SIM card, but the salesman refused to sell it to me and asked me to activate the service by him for the $25 credit. I paid $10 plus tax for the SIM card, and switched the phone plan from Koodo to Public Mobile.

Today, I find there is only $10 credit.  What else can I do? Any where can I submit complaints?

Sorry, but there's not much that can be done here.  The $25+$25 referral promotion is for online activations only.  The Wal-mart wireless rep doesn't work for Public Mobile, and unfortunately there have been instances where they aren't be truthful so they can make the sale and commission.  The best thing to do is contact the mods (link) and send them information on the location where this occurred; they want to know at which locations this is happening.   

@lehuo wrote:

Yesterday, I went to Walmart at 255 Silver Linden Dr, Richmond Hill, ON L4B 4V5 to buy the Public Mobile SIM card, but the salesman refused to sell it to me and asked me to activate the service by him for the $25 credit. I paid $10 plus tax for the SIM card, and switched the phone plan from Koodo to Public Mobile.

Today, I find there is only $10 credit.  What else can I do? Any where can I submit complaints?

The part about the $25 credit only being valid for online activations is outlined in this annoucement.

To submit a complaint about a retail location's practices in selling a Publifc Mobile sim card, you'll need to contact the moderators.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@lehuo wrote:

Not sure if they can take care of what happened, but the moderators want to hear about the refusal to sell you a SIM I believe.

Send private message to 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

lehuo

laurenluo

Did you get any reference number yet? If you didn't, you can take mine.

Remember don't activate the SIM at any store, just take it home and activate it at home. Otherwise you won't get $25 credit.

Pizzaeh

@deeksha25 wrote:

Can someone please refer me for this offer?

I am planning to switch to public mobile from my current provider.

Also, if I buy the sim from London Drugs and activate it online. It would still be eligible for $25 credit for me and the referrer. Is that the correct understanding?

Yes, for this promotion, you want to take the SIM card home and activate online.

You can read details of the promotion here.

Retailers that sell Public Mobile SIM cards:

The Mobile Shop (inside Loblaws, Superstore, Zehrs)
Wow! Mobile boutique
London Drugs
K Mobile
Walmart (Wal-mart wireless reps may require in-store activations)

deeksha25

Can someone please refer me for this offer?

I am planning to switch to public mobile from my current provider.

Also, if I buy the sim from London Drugs and activate it online. It would still be eligible for $25 credit for me and the referrer. Is that the correct understanding?

Sleven350

Yup I screwed up... I saw the deadline closing in fast and didnt take the time to read that it was for online only... went into walmart and got a sim card and activated it with the phone number of the friend who referred me 😞 😞

@penguindude wrote:

I just activated with a friend's number for the referral bonus. Will the system get confused and not credit us the bonus if I were to port my old phone number in now to replace the newly created number?  

It doesn't matter. No matter how many times you change your phone number, it's still the same account.

penguindude

I just activated with a friend's number for the referral bonus. Will the system get confused and not credit us the bonus if I were to port my old phone number in now to replace the newly created number?  

Pizzaeh

@angleyu wrote:

my friend only received $10 credit; why?

It means they activated in-store.  The promotion for the $25 + $25 referral credit is for online activations.  If you referred them you will still get the $1/30 day friend reward.

angleyu

my friend only received $10 credit; why?

MagFhinn

No tracking sent yet and ref# isn't getting a hit yet. Fingers Crossed. 

Thanks!

Hum don't think to spend many hours to drive to a Walmart to buy a sim without activation...it would be exceptionnel...here for the tracking of your package...from @NDesai 

Need Help? Let's chat.