Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] Wireless Outage

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update

The outage impacting customers in Ontario and Quebec has been resolved. Please consider rebooting your device(s) if the service isn't back yet. Our apologies for any inconvenience and thank you so much for your patience!

-----------

Hey Community, 

We are aware of a wireless outage impacting clients in Ontario and Quebec. Our team is already working towards a resolution and we will post updates on this thread as we get them. Thanks for your patience!

- Public Mobile Team 

57 REPLIES 57

Mircia0611
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for fixing the problem. 
Mira

keepasa
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Another quick trick I use to reset network without doing a full reboot is simply toggling from 3G to or from 4G/LTE.  ie: if your on 3G, then enable LTE.  If your on LTE, then disable it and re-enable it.  This simply renegotiates the network connection and often works.  If not, then perform the full reboot.

Hope this can be of help next time for whatever reason.  Cheers!

learn4ever

Well, I guess my situation is not the worst when compared to other users' experiences. I am not motivated enough to fight for 50 cents. I can consider this as a gift or donation to help PM become bigger and better in terms of service reliability.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@learn4ever : I don't run the show. I would say the later parts of the policy would apply. I'm not sure I've read of people getting compensated for any downtimes around here.

Obviously there's nothing stopping you from asking. Let us know.

Edit: and this from that:

Warranties
Are there any warranties on my Public Mobile service?
Since wireless telecommunications are delivered by radio waves, they are subject to factors that cannot reasonably be controlled. For this reason, Public Mobile does not guarantee timely, secure, error-free or uninterrupted service or that you will always receive your messages or data. To the extent permitted by law, legal warranties and conditions (implied or statutory) do not apply to the service.

learn4ever

Thanks. Does that mean no compensation in short? For Oct 6, I did not change my usage behavior anyway; also weather-wise, Winnipeg was having pretty nice weather conditions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@learn4ever : From Service Terms in footer:

Will my Public Mobile services always work in Public Mobile coverage areas?

We monitor our networks to keep them running continuously. However, there are times when Public Mobile must temporarily suspend or restrict the service
to maintain, restore or repair the network.

In addition, service failures or interruptions can occur due to events beyond Public Mobile’s reasonable control. These may include:

• Technical limitations of the systems of other telecommunications companies or limitations of the interconnection of transmission facilities;
• Defects or failures in network equipment; or

learn4ever

Oct 6, for at least 3 hours, I was not able to get SMS messages. You know, almost everything nowadays requires an SMS text message as 2nd step of verification. I know similar to any services, there are and will be downtimes. I almost thought it was just me or my 4 years long in-service Android phone. What's the policy of PM to compensate for downtimes? Is there going to be an automatic credit to my PM account or do I have to fight for it? Big players normally round up downtimes of few hours to 1 day worth of credit. Thanks. 

Ric44
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Service is still out in the Denbigh area. Since Monday! I'm trying to run a business and getting frustrated!

@hari_pm wrote:

I used itunes to update the phone and restore it from a backup, does that process not include a network refresh?

@hari_pm 

I don't think that it would do a network reset.  Network reset will reset all your stored wifi passwords, etc.  

Might be an issue with iPhone 8, since another poster earlier has the same issue but was able to insert their SIM card in another phone and it worked.  

hari_pm

I used itunes to update the phone and restore it from a backup, does that process not include a network refresh?

@hari_pm Try to connect your phone to a computer and start iTune to download all the updates and carrier updates and see if it works.

If it still not work, you might have to try a Network Refresh to see if it fixes the issue

hari_pm

my issue is on an iphone8 as well and no i do not have another phone to test the sim on.

@hari_pm wrote:

i'm having the same issues. just keeps searching. 

already did a device restart 

sim re-insert

network setting reset. 

nada

@hari_pm 

Can you try your SIM card in another working phone?  Helps determine whether hardware setup issue versus PM service problem.  

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@J_PM  Thanks for the updates, though I seemed to have suffered none. 😊

Adding to what @softech has suggested, please consider adding a 'Services Status' page to PM's website displaying the current status of services. This should be the web page every user should visit first before troubleshooting further. Below is an example of another service provider's status page (name blanked out) as sample. 

Network Status - Primus.jpg

hari_pm

i'm having the same issues. just keeps searching. 

already did a device restart 

sim re-insert

network setting reset. 

nada

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Ahh that explains it. Thought my phone was messed up when my data didn't work. 

@Patrat43 

Have you checked for a carrier settings update? Since you have no service on the phone, you'll need to do it manually via usb.

@Patrat43 

After trying suggestions by  @Anonymous  if your phone is still not working you may want to consider a factory reset as a last resort. Make sure to do a backup first.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Patrat43 : Can you check devicecheck.ca

Can you do a network reset?

Are you doing a full power off shut down?

Patrat43

Just tried it. It doesn’t work as well. @JK8 

@Patrat43 wrote:

I’m still having problems since it went down.

Can you put the sim from the other phone in yours to see if it will work. Just want to see if it might be a phone problem.

Patrat43

I’m still having problems since it went down.

Patrat43

@softech My sim works perfectly on another phone. My phone just keeps searching (iphone 8). Even when I go into settings and cellular nothing pops up at all. There is just a blank screen.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

people still getting little trouble

so resolved means not resolved completely yet?

or people forgot the restart their devices. 

@Patrat43  did you try to reboot your phone?

If still fails, try to re-seat the sim (power down, remove sim for a minute before putting them back )

If still fails, try your SIM on another phone.

Patrat43

The problem is still occurring for me. My phone is not finding the service. I don’t know if it is just me or other people are still having this problem.

G6
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Had the voice outage around 3pm in southern Ontario.

@hari_pm   did you try reboot your phone?  

If still fail, try to re-seat your SIM 

hari_pm

says resolved but i'm still just "searching" no network

Need Help? Let's chat.