Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] Wireless Outage

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update

The outage impacting customers in Ontario and Quebec has been resolved. Please consider rebooting your device(s) if the service isn't back yet. Our apologies for any inconvenience and thank you so much for your patience!

-----------

Hey Community, 

We are aware of a wireless outage impacting clients in Ontario and Quebec. Our team is already working towards a resolution and we will post updates on this thread as we get them. Thanks for your patience!

- Public Mobile Team 

57 REPLIES 57

christyj4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I will try a few things. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@christyj4 : Maybe. Did you get a "message" from your phone saying something about the connection?

Try a restart. Then try switching to HSPA/3G.

yes Telus said the outage affects Winnipeg area

https://mobile.twitter.com/TELUSsupport/status/1445884017056706563

christyj4

I do not have data in Manitoba. Has anyone heard of any outages there

Anonymous
Not applicable

@crystalstjean19 wrote:

My voicemail is acting up too i cant delete 

@crystalstjean19 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Check your voicemail messages (publicmobile.ca) and pressing 7 to delete..

[Service Status Update] The outage impacting customers in Ontario and Quebec has been resolved. Please consider rebooting your device(s) if service isn't back yet. Our apologies for any inconvenience and thank you so much for your patience!

I got a VM alert, called and entered the password,  the dead air..  I guess they have not fox everything yet

crystalstjean19
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My voicemail is acting up too i cant delete 

I'm not sure yet. If I have any info that can be shared, I will do so.

Thanks @sheytoon  for the update..

So, it's a technical problem or an human issue this time?

Service appears to be restored.

PDrifting

It's out here in West Flamborough.  Has been acting up for weeks.  Service as usual, up and down like a toilet seat they say.  Good connection to the tower... "not registered on network".  Happens pretty much daily out here.  Downright annoying.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@J_PM  you might want to update your announcement as well

https://twitter.com/TELUSsupport/status/1445839195121930240

[Service Status] Clients in the Winnipeg area are also impacted by this wireless outage. Our team continues working towards a resolution and we will post updates as we receive them. Thanks again for your patience!

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@J_PM  Thanks for letting us know.

Currently, I have voice and data service in Toronto.

sdoiron

Kind of hard to check twitter if the service is down.

Justlikeme

how long will it be out for?

sdoiron

Thank you for letting us know.  Hopefully it will be restored soon.

bilibili
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

delete

LoreckAvery
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Agreed. I shouldn’t have to “search” for an outage announcement 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

thank you @J_PM 

we appreciate your business and your Team working too hard to bring amazing service,

god bless you and your Team...

@Anonymous   the service tech might be working hard at this moment,.. but this is not the right time to compliment them for their " amazing service"   (unless you meant the "lack of" ... ) LoL

🤣😂

@softech 

i'm always compliment about them they are amazing Team, we have to thanks them all time,

and the service will back as soon as possible...

No issue in York region. Phone/SMS work as expected. Hopefully the rest of you guys get service soon!

@Anonymous wrote:

thank you @J_PM 

we appreciate your business and your Team working too hard to bring amazing service,

@Anonymous   the service tech might be working hard at this moment,.. but this is not the right time to compliment them for their " amazing service"   (unless you meant the "lack of" ... ) LoL

🤣😂

SMS still works.. interesting.  

Where I am, there's no mobile data and no voice service. The only thing that is working is SMS.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM wrote:

Hey Community, 

We are aware of a wireless outage impacting clients in Ontario and Quebec. Our team is already working towards a resolution and we will post updates on this thread as we get them. Thanks for your patience!

- Public Mobile Team 

Thanks @J_PM ,

I feel this type of notice (OUTAGEs) should be front and center on the Community page. 

Like a RED BANNER hyperlink or something when outages occur.

Simply an Announcement Post gets pushed down the list, and ends up getting bogged down with other posts.

Just my thoughts...

esjliv_0-1633551148530.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you @J_PM 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for the update.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

thanks @J_PM  for the confirmation!!!

as someone pointed out earlier:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Outage-in-North-York/m-p/732728/hi...

Both Telus and Koodo have made official announcement on Twitter.  It really time for PM to do the same, keep us updated with the latest  Network status or other issues.  

Need Help? Let's chat.