Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] System issue expired select customers' services

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

17:00 PM ET - April 23, 2019

Today we identified a technical issue affecting select customers where plans were mistakenly renewed prior to the plan renewal date, resulting in loss of service for some customers.

Our technical team has investigated the issue and is restoring service in batches for those affected. By 9:00 PM ET, all services should resume. Customers impacted by this issue will receive an SMS in the coming days.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

14:00 PM ET - April 23, 2019

Hey Community,

Today we identified a technical issue affecting select customers where plans were mistakenly renewed prior to the plan renewal date, resulting in loss of service for some customers.

Our technical team has identified the source of the issue and is working to restore service as quickly as possible. We will provide updates as we learn more.

-Public Mobile Community Team

202 REPLIES 202

freefallin69
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ok, so here's the thing..... My account was paid on April 21st by autopay, and my phone was suspended sometime today for non payment. I have a family member in the hospital who is very sick so I had to pay again today just to keep in contact. I get that you are aware of the issues, but will I be reinbursed for the now overpayment? Will it put me a month ahead? I would really like to know how we all will be compensated for this terrible issue that is no fault of the customers. Please let us know assoon as you can, thanks.

bambi1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Im sorry that your phone is still out of Service.  I now have phone service plus Public Mobile has credited me one months service to my account , so my nex bill is only due at the end of May! 🙂

Please write a ( Private ) message to a Community Moderator , include your name and phone number , and someone should contact you very soon , and they will ask you to confirm your public mobile account and once you confirm they will then ask you to respond back to the moderator to let him know that you confirmed the account and immedatley after that your phone service will be restored, and if you dont see 1 month credit in your account , write back to the moderator and ask him to make the credit, although i dont think you will need to do that , Public Mobile seems to be willing to make things right with all their Customers ! Good Luck and i hope your get service back very soon ! Please share my post and let others know what to do to get their phone back in service ! 🙂

Terry2

I was told that maybe this service is not for me and that they have up.to 48 hours to reply. The issue is fixed but they need to understand that the phone in most cases are our life line.

JohnP

Still down.

Please help

bambi1

please send a Private message to a Community Moderator ( if you havent already done so) 

make sure to give them your name and phone number. 

I have received phone service , plus Public Mobile has given me one months Credit to my account , so my next bill is only due at the end of May ! Please spread the word , and tell everyone to make sure that they also receive a Credit ! Good Luck and i hope you get your phone back in service very soon ! 

neiloc

Service restored, thanks. Also a nice credit to my account, again thanks

moe23

Hi, I'm also one of the affected customers. My plan was supposed to expire on the 30th an today is the 23rd. Any updates on this?

carolmorrison13

i agree with you mike i have 7 days left on my acct and no service all day pissing me right off 

darlajean63

Just wondering if there is any update on the outage?  I am 1 of those unlucky customers 😞

JuanFa888

Can you please advise when I will be able to use the service I have paid for again? This number also is attached to my doorbell, no service, no alert when I have a visitor.

Thks..

Linda76

I  loaded my phone on April 4 it’s April 23 and my phone is expired I got two weeks out of the four week plan so I lost all today so which meant my phone expired on the 22nd so that’s 18 days of service that I received 

bambi1

I am happy to tell you that i  received a message from Public Mobile and after confirming my account details , i now have phone service ! 🙂 

I am still working on them for a Credit ! 

Lets Make Public Mobile Great Again !

( By Giving Everyone who lost phone Service a Credit towards their next months phone bill ! )

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ! 

How about it PUBLIC MOBILE ! 

Jordan9191

Same issue man. I need my service up and running for work perposes but apparently my acc was suspended now its active but cant make calls or send out texts nothing ..hope this is fixed vary soon 

mike_menapace66

they better mines been off all day too paid the bill march 29th still have 7 days on this till the bill was due 

runner429

I woke up to find my service disconnected despite having made a payment on April 4. My next payment was supposed to be on May 4.

I needed my phone on for work and had no choice to make another full payment today to bring my service back on.

Now the announcement comes that my service was cut off due to a service malfunction. Am I getting a credit for making two payments in 19 days or any kind of refund? The money I paid to put the service back due to your service malfunction was supposed to be used for other issues. I'm furious about this and you will lose a lot of customers for this. I've been with Public Mobile since the beginning and have had it.

mike_menapace66

make a suggestion fix this issue  or your going to have a alot of pissed off customers  you guys still owe me another 7 days of service   and I aint going to pay 45 bucks again so restore my service  this is totally ridicoulous cant just go change the rules in the middle of the month its not right .

sha_star30

Still waiting..... Almost the whole day without phone working.... Shouldnt have to wait this long, do we get an extra day free for compensation?

Denis3

Hello,

I am a public mobile customer since 2012, phone number 43 , my plan was 45 $ for 30 days for 1 GB,etc ... - till May 7 , 2019 . Lately I changed my plan on public mobile internet site for another : 40 $ for 4.5 GB data , etc.. , on May 7 , 2019 it should come into force, I have proof for that. Today at about 1 pm I noticed that I don't have internet and I can't call , so I called *611 and I entered my account on public mobile internet siteb, for some reason it appeared that my plan expired today and there is no any mention about plan change. 

So I need your immediate assistance to get everything fixed today , I don't have internet or phone at home, so it is necessary for me to have it fixed today . So issue should be fixed immediately. Also I wait to receive compensation and go to court against Public mobile and Telus Companies

@Jbathurst wrote:

We shouldn't have to get a back up.   If this is the case, it makes sense to just switch to a reliable provider.

If something is that important to someone, the person should always have a backup, no matter what the service is.  I don't know of a single cell phone carrier, wether it's Bell, Telus, Rogers, Freedom, etc., who hasn't had a wide-scale downtime.  What is important is how fast the problem is fixed and how often it happens.  I will admit that these system issues at Public Mobile are becoming troublesome.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K wrote:

Most Recent Update

14:00 PM ET - April 23, 2019

Hey Community,

Our technical team has identified the source of the issue and is working to restore service as quickly as possible. We will provide updates as we learn more.

-Public Mobile Community Team

I'm not sure it is the case: before the deal was off, a lot of customers flood in to take a deal or the exist customers to change the plan at last minute, therefore made PM system had a problem? And it happened before, I recalled last time was the $10 credit for six months that was off, the system had a problem too.

JuanFa888

Please note that this issue affects 

ncc1701kwfn

Hello Public Mobile Team!  So this is what it feels like to be the bullseye in a shooting gallery...loll!  Just want to say that I have every confidence in the PM technical team to fix this issue and know that you're working your butts off in a very stressful situation, and that we must practice patience.  Thanking your efforts in advance.

Chantellemax
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Glad to see others are getting service back, I'm still out.

Jbathurst

I feel for you.  Not to mention that I much prefer speaking to somone on the phone.  If I wanted an internet relay chat messaging system, I would have a computer for online chat... not a phone!!! 

ChristopherT

Well I got a bravo badge for liking this comment

lake

I HAD to have my service so I ended up paying again this month . So paid twice for a month's service. Have already messaged a moderator but have heard nothing.

Jbathurst

We shouldn't have to get a back up.   If this is the case, it makes sense to just switch to a reliable provider.

Jbathurst

I hope there will be a day's worth of compensation provided as a result !?!   And any eta as to when service will resume?   

Dee2

Telus destroyed this great company. Why they don't have customer service or stores is because there cheap and only care about profit. When public was on there own it was 100 % better. I had to put more money into my account to get my phone working today after I paid April 10. Money I couldn't afford now it's stuck in my account with public. Nice scam telus 

sassymafrass

I need this fixed now!!

Need Help? Let's chat.