cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] System Issue: Accounts in Suspend

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update: The account suspend issue has been resolved. Thank you.

————————

Hey Community, 

We’re currently having some issues with our Monthly Renewal Charge and Auto Top-Ups, causing some customer accounts to mistakenly go into suspend. Our team is working on a fix, all services for impacted accounts are expected to be reinstated by 4pm EST. Check back for more updates. We’ll also update this post when the issue is resolved. 

Thank you,

- Public Mobile Team

591 REPLIES 591

selenacaparello
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What did you do to get this mess sorted? I've talked with at least 5 different agents. They all say the same thing - they apologise and say it's been worked on as quickly as possible and that they'll update me. 

They never update because nothing is being fixed. Like many, I'm sure, my job requires a fully working phone - and I haven't been able to work for 3 days. I'm feeling quite helpless at the moment. My account says that it's active - or at least the "expired account" notice is gone and payment has been taken. I've retsrated my phone countless times - and tried removing my SIM - even put it another phone to check. I've done everything on my end. What next? 🤷🏾‍♀️

At this point, I am literally considering getting an account somewhere else because I cannot afford to not work. I'm feeling desperate. 

Please help!

@Clemhoeck 

Have you suspended via lost/stolen using the steps I have outlined above?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@mpxiii 

Give this a try as @gk00  just reported it worked for them. Log in to your self serve account. Go to the plans or usage page. Click on lost/stolen. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Log out and reboot. Do you have service?

You will still want customer support to sort out any credits or plan changes but it can't hurt if this is all the provisioning your SIM card needs to start working again.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@gk00 

Thanks for your feedback! Hopefully it will help others!

Edit:

What was the status of your account on your overview page before you suspended via lost/stolen? And what was it after you resumed your service?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Glad to hear, I hope everyone else experiencing this has or will be able to resolve this very soon

gk00

For community members who have had issues with their service/account since April 1st.

After 3 days of no service & no solution from customer service other than them crediting my account then removing the credit which seems to unsuspend my account but still didn't give me service to call or text, I finally went the "lost/stolen" route suggested by some members in self-service, waited a few minutes and then got my services back. 

Hope this helps others who have been frustrated by the lack of information provided by agents. 

mpxiii
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you and I appreciate you trying to help.  I have already opened a ticket with support and I've sent a Private message.  This is very frustrating and I hope it gets resolved soon.  

@mpxiii 

Contact customer support. Leave a detailed message explaining what you have attempted to get service so they can also credit your account or change your plan back if that is your preference. I am hoping the CSA needs to just reprovision your sim card as we have yet to hear from a customer how their accounts and service has been fixed if the system fix that pm did on Friday that solved most customers issues did get their service working. In the meantime if you have wifi download textnow so you can text and call for free while on WiFi.

mpxiii

This is happening to me as well.  I updated my credit card (old one hadn't expired) and changed my plan to try to resolve and still no service.  I rely on the phone service for chemo appointments and the hospital can't reach me!  This is very upsetting.

@gk00 or if you have another phone around, try to put your PM SIM into the phone and maybe that could resolve the issue

But of course, if still fail, open a ticket with PM.   Hope they can resolve the issue quickly 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Have you spoken with a CSA yet since April 1?

@gk00 @Clemhoeck 

Contact customer support and ask them to reset your account and reprovision your sim card. Please report back if this fixes your lack of services. Unfortunately we are as much in the dark on this issue as you are since its the first time we have encountered this kind of system issue and the lack of a fix for many customers.

Leo57
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So guys just to update all of you on the April 1st fiasco and you still have no service. Get in touch with an agent. Tell them your situation. In my case the agent added a credit on his end on my aaccount and that worked. I am back up. If the first agent doesnt help you text a different agent and so on till thy fix your problem. Dont give up. Some agents are better at this job than others.  Good luck to you all

Clemhoeck

Same with me and I've tried all the tricks everyone has mentioned. Nothing works. It's on their end and this is abysmal service. 

@Bradley17 - was your renewal on April 1st, and you have had no service since? 

Does an option to reactivate present itself in your account at all?

@gk00 If reatarting phone doesn't work, open the chatbot to open a ticket to the CSAs.

@gk00 

Try this, in this order:

1. make a $1 payment using the payment card on the account (presuming you are on auto-pay), then tap resume/reactivate - this works for some users and you won't lose the $1, it just remains on your account balance to be used for future renewals,
  2. If that doesn't work, try marking your service as "Lost/Stolen", then log out, then log back in and remove that "lost/stolen" designation - that works for many users when the above $1 doesn't.

EDIT:  If this above set of items doesn't work, and you lost service on April 1, this was NOT an April Fools joke, it happened, to hundreds of customers.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

gk00

Im on my third day with no service. My account doesn't say suspended but i can't text or call. Payment has been taken. 

Clemhoeck

No it has not been resolved. I am at day 3 now without service!

Bradley17

Hi ,    My phone is still not working. Is there anything else I can do?

Jayphon

They told me to wait until Tuesday afternoon.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Bradley17 

Your post got moved to this bigger thread where it says the problem has been resolved for others, but customers are still in the same boat as you. I guess all you can do is wait for a CSA to assist you. You can always try submitting another ticket.

npetlu

Well , this is not a solution ...but I am concerned that I may end up with the same situation - I made mistakes signing in with wrong password and the account got locked. With the help of virtual service Agent I reset my password and could get into self serve...and I am seeing the same message ---Though the website says "Ignore" the message ...I am unable to Add On ...which is my urgent and critical need - I am on Autopay and also topped up with $$$ and still the same message and I can not do even a minmum Add on - These are very CRITICAL ERRORS which they SHOULD ADDRESS....This is real bad and I see it as good reason to quit the service !

@Bradley17 

Is there a reactivate button anywhere? Was your renewal date yesterday?

Bradley17

Yes,  There is a balance..and it is larger than my plan needs to start working again...Thanks for your help

@Bradley17 

When you log into self service is there a balance in your Available Funds? If not choose the Payment tab and in the drop down menu choose Other and enter the amount of your plan to see if you can reactivate.

Bradley17

My phone is on autopay and it says my plan is expired......my phone won't work and I tried on/off,lost/stolen.and it still won't work...I sent a private message and am waiting for a reply ,but I need my phone...I paid a large balance because my autopay was not withdrawn April 1st like usual to see if that would work,but no luck...

roses

Does the power company compensate for a day of no power?  No, but then I'm not being charged for used power that day, am I.  I AM being charged for the day of no service with PM.

roses

That is the CRAPPIEST response I have ever heard to people with legit problems that aren't their fault.

Leo57
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Send a message to a different agent. Trust me the first guy didnt do anything the secong guy got me going. Dont give up

Need Help? Let's chat.