cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] System Issue: Accounts in Suspend

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update: The account suspend issue has been resolved. Thank you.

————————

Hey Community, 

We’re currently having some issues with our Monthly Renewal Charge and Auto Top-Ups, causing some customer accounts to mistakenly go into suspend. Our team is working on a fix, all services for impacted accounts are expected to be reinstated by 4pm EST. Check back for more updates. We’ll also update this post when the issue is resolved. 

Thank you,

- Public Mobile Team

591 REPLIES 591

Garrisonogrady
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I did

Yes today seems to be a bad day for autopay. You'll need to make a manual payment to restart your plan.

Garrisonogrady

My account renewed this morning, and my service was immediately disconnected so first thing I did was buy a phone voucher. The money was immediately withdrawn to pay for my plan and my phone service worked for 30 minutes then immediately disconnected and hasn't worked since. I look at the plan and it says I have none and when I try to select one it shows a blank page or an error. I use this phone to run a business and I have submitted a ticket with no response. The ticket says it can take business days to get a response. You don't even have a customer service number to contact. It is a Friday. This is absolutely ridiculous. This needs to be fixed immediately as I have missed god knows how many business calls, and the best part is I won't receive any of the missed calls or messages when my service is finally reconnected. 

@Lilly wrote:

Yes, service is back working now thankfully.  My renewal date was today and next renewal is May 1 but I now have $40 in my account as available funds.  Hopefully this will be used for my next renewal in May.  Will this be fixed so it doesn't happen again???

Will happen every 30 like clock work!!! But read ALL of what it says. 

It is frustrating, definitely. Now you have to jump through hoops to restore your service.

To avoid potential autopay failures, you could add monthly payment amount few days before renewal day.

PM takes money from your account first then will charge your card for the balance. This way if autopay fails your service will not be interrupted if full renewal amount is in your account.

Nobody here gonna disagree. Autopay should be bullet-proof as that's a selling-feature of PM.

Seems to be a chronic problem in the last 48 hours or more.

Perhaps a CSA could let us all know why this is happening and leaving valuable customers stranded !!

rautzu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Account Suspended, (am on auto-pay and the rewards, -including auto-pay reward- were applied...)

CC/payement method is valid, the screw-up is on the PM side.

No prior notification. Can't make+send calls, nor use data.

Those without internet access (wifi, secondary cell data plan) would not even have a way to complain/notify anyone...

And to add insult to injury, the official explanation is: "Yes, auto-pay failed sometimes".

That occasional "failure" caused people (multiple) to go without service with no notification...

That occasional "failure" has nothing to do with the payment, its entirely PM system's fault...

It's the one type of occasional "failure" that should never happen,

there should have been some sort of verification mechanism, before suspending service...

You can always reach agent and ask WHY so many autopay failures occur today.

Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking Here

In the mean time do manual pay to restore service.

@vivifab 

Indeed if you have no services, you do need to make a manual payment.

If this has recurred, I might recommend trying to remove the payment card all together and either try a different payment card, or re-enter the same payment card again.

@vivifab wrote:

If I don’t make a manual payment will this still be resolved?

It might be resolved but autopay will NOT run again so your account will be most likely suspended until you pay.

I suggest you add funds to your account to restore service. Funds will stay on your account if you overpay and will be used for next renewal.

Login to My Account, select Payment, click on the One time Payment and try to manually pay with Amount Due option there. If it fails, then use the option "Other" and manually enter your plan amount. Service/plan should automatically reactivate.

And it will not hurt to, once payment is completed, to logoff and reboot the phone.

If it doesn't reactivate then go to the plans or usage page and click on the lost stolen feature. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your plan should automatically reactivate.

vivifab

My account was suspended/expired although my credit card is not expired and I’m on Auto-pay. My renewal date is today April 1, 2022. I see Auto-pay failing is a common issue this morning. If I don’t make a manual payment will this still be resolved?

You will need to make a manual payment to pay for your plan. Autopay is not perfect. There seem to quite a few of them today too.

Maybe it's connected to the recent update of the Koodo charging. Maybe better the devil we know than the flaky one we might be back to.

zpfeizi

Hi there. My account is on Autopay and yet it says that my plan is expired and I am not able to make phone calls at all. Would you please resolve the issue ASAP. Thanks

Many complain about same issue today 😞

Login to My Account, select Payment, click on the One time Payment and try to manually pay with Amount Due option there. If it fails, then use the option "Other" and manually enter your plan amount. Service/plan should automatically reactivate.

And it will not hurt to, once payment is completed, to logoff and reboot the phone.

If it doesn't reactivate then go to the plans or usage page and click on the lost stolen feature. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your plan should automatically reactivate.

It looks like April Fools curse

WhitbyCurling

How did you get your service activated again? I am still inactive - no texts or phone calls despite sending test texts

WhitbyCurling

I've had this same issue and doing both the things you listed did not work 😞 

Lilly

Yes, service is back working now thankfully.  My renewal date was today and next renewal is May 1 but I now have $40 in my account as available funds.  Hopefully this will be used for my next renewal in May.  Will this be fixed so it doesn't happen again???

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@Lilly wrote:

What will happen to the funds currently in my account that I did not want???  Please advise.

If you see funds on your account, they will be used on next renewal. Funds are Not lost!

Do you have service at all?

Is today your renewal date?

MarkiMark

^

See titre. Seems like a few people have this issue right now. Nice April Fools....

Plz solve

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I looks like today is a day of suspended accounts. Many reported same issue.

@Lilly   Log into My Account and check what you have for Available Fund there.  If you see the amount you just manually made, then you can leave it there for next month's renewal if you like

For your service, is it working now?  is the Status showing active?  If the service is not working but status showing Active on My Account, reboot the phone once more

When is your next payment due?  Today...tomorrow....if yes...it is normal...not to worry. Can you do a screen shot without any personal details for us to look at to better advise you?

Lilly

Hi,

I just found out that my account was suspended for no apparent reason and I am on autopay!  I have never had this happen before and was waiting for important phone calls this morning which were not received!  What is happening with the service?  I saw another post and made a one time payment and then when I went to reactivate my plan, I was charged again!  Now I "double payed" for my monthly service!!!!  This should not happen and what is being done about this as I am reading many others are affected as well.  What will happen to the funds currently in my account that I did not want???  Please advise.

PierreL

My account was suspended even though the credit card is valid and I am on Autopay
Your website is full of bugs. Error messages all over. 

Horrible service

@GeoffPorter I guess it was a big night last night, you are at least the 5th person today with the Autopay issue.

Autopay fails sometimes for no reason.  It is more an issue on the PM side and likely not your credit card.  So, do not try to remove the credit card or add another one

Login to My Account, go to Payment Tab, then One Time payment, use the option "Other (Enter the desired payment amount)" option and manually enter you plan amount.  (Do not use Amount Due as it likely won't work)

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Make-a-Payment/https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Make-a-Payment/

If the payment goes through successfully, click no the "Reactivate current plan" button if there is one

Then logoff from My Account and reboot your phone.  it should be good

I believe that there was a 10 percent autopay failure rate last night, based on my UNIVAC5000 calculations. Just saying. lol

GeoffPorter

Why is my account Suspended. I am on Auto Pay and always have been. Why is this happening. Please help

@Sharoncooper  Autopay fails occasionally.   And it looks like it is unusually high number of failure last night or last couple days.  Honest, we don't know why, it has been an issue for years, it happens to some users sometime.  I guess the percentage is not dangerously high, but still inconvenient to many customers

Is your service suspended now?  Log  into My Account and confirm the account status. 

If it is suspended, you will have to make a manual payment this time.  Just go to the Payment tab, click One time payment, then use the option "Other (Enter the desired payment amount)" option and manually enter you plan amount.  (Do not use Amount Due as it likely won't work)

Once you see the payment goes through successfully, click no the "Reactivate current plan" button if there is one

Then logoff from My Account and reboot your phone.  it should be good

Sharoncooper

Hi, I am on Autopay but my account is suspended. Just wondering why?

Need Help? Let's chat.