cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra Payments than usual

TibarekAbreham
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My bill went up without any change in my usage of account or  any Further notice all my rewards points are gone .why is that happened?

7 REPLIES 7

@softech  Well you just highlighted the only good thing about this new point system is the 33% off using points for add ons . But for most those I don’t think buy much expiring data add ons with the exception of roll over mins add ons  . To begin with . Most just choose a suitable plan 

@Handy1 

I understand the auto redemption is a popular request, but I guess PM wants to leave it open as people can now pay as much as 33% off from regular price to redeem add-ons.   Like your post about data yesterday,  the $20 roaming data add-on is being offered in return for redemption of 15 points  (=$15 only) 

@softech  But the jump will be to ones full  plan price now . You have to earn the points first before you can redeem , and remember to do so as just another unnecessary step you have to take . That instead is another way to have folks pay even more tax in the end by having only $15 increments they just just really just have “option” auto apply rewards like the PM of “yesterday “ where it was just automatically added regardless of having to get a certain number of points first .but that to is in their best interest I’m sure . so unless you already have available funds then it’s a full jump to ( plan price ) . So at this time we still all learning together how things will look and change as so far PM has been dead wrong , and I think I can speak for the majority here and say . This hasn’t been a wonderful “enhancement “ of the rewards program . Just a complete “money grab” plain and simple . And we pawns are feeling the pinch 🤏 

@Handy1 

i still think you should put a footnote telling that the jump was not $0 to $39.10. 

Would be nice to explain the first was in fact $17 and there included a $15 Community rewards that others likely not getting that "handily" like you,.  Also a rewards points transactions showing you still earning the 29 friends referrals would help others to understand those are unaffected.  As we know, the max effect is likely just $7+tax less the 5% back in points for most of us

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@TibarekAbreham 

PM retired the old reward system this month (May) and everyone migrated on the new Public Points system. 
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

With this new system, you pay the full amount first (with the Available Funds on your My Account or via your credit/debit card on the system), and hence you see a higher charge now. 
Then PM will give you the points to your point account after renewal within 48 hours.  Once you collected 15 points, you can redeem $15 bill payment yourself to bring the next payment down.  Or you can also use points to buy add-ons with a discounted price

For how to earn points with Public Points,

• you will get the same friend referral, 1 point (= $1) for every referral every month.
  • Instead of $2 autopay, you earn 5% point of your spending in points (plan renewal or add-on purchrases). 
  • Instead of loyalty rewards, you will earn 10 points on your Anniversary date every year 
  • You will still earn Give-Back rewards by participating in the Community. Everyone has a chance to earn can  1/2/5/10/15/20 points depends on the overall participation of the month 

I have to admit Public Points rewards is not as good as the Legacy rewards system, but you are still saving money, just in a slower pace 

Here is more information about the rewards system migration:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome to the new direction of Public Mobile. I take it, it's been awhile. You were moved to Public points as of May, legacy rewards were retired. You now accumulate points at a much lower payout than previously (I'll let you look into the new disappointment for yourself, instead of repeating it) You will also need to manually redeem any points, as they don't payout automatically any more. This is the reason your bill went up.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@TibarekAbreham  This month everyone is switched to the new points system . You will no longer get the $2 auto pay or max $5 off for loyalty . Friend refferals keep same value . But instead you get 5% back in plan spend every 30 days and once a year in your anniversary you will get 10 points . And 1 point for each friend every 30 days . . . Once you have 15 points you can redeem it for $15 off your bill . Basically costing you $50 + more a year . 

here’s how my new bill shows from PM of yesterday 

Handy1_0-1716040381295.jpeg

Public mobile today 😞

Handy1_1-1716040405763.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.