Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] Issues Updating Credit Cards

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi Community,

We’re aware of an issue impacting some customers which is preventing them from updating their credit card details in My Account. Our team is actively investigating the issue. 

If you are experiencing this issue please submit a ticket to our Customer Support Agents here or by messaging CS_Agent. 

We will provide more updates as we have them. 

-- Update as of December 3, 5:23pm ET --

This issue is still ongoing. In the meantime, if you need to update your payment information please follow these details: 

• Aviod updating your credit/debit card unless necessary (i.e. your renewal date is upcoming and card is expired)
  • If possible, top up with a voucher. Vouchers can be purchased at various retail locations or online via third-party sites (note that some sites may charge additional fees)
  • If you cannot use a voucher, please reach out to a Customer Support Agent here or by messaging CS_Agent for assistance

-- Update as of December 3, 7:33pm ET --

This issue has been resolved and payments & card updates should no longer be imapcted. If you are still experiencing issues with your card please note these details:

• Log out of your account and relog in before updating your card
  • If you attempted to update the same card multiple times please try again tomorrow or today with a different card as there is a daily limit on update attempts for security purposes. 
  • Make sure that your credit card postal code matches your phone number's area code
  • As always, please be sure that you are inputting the correct card details

Thanks, 

The Public Mobile Team

69 REPLIES 69

MycoApat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What can I do now? I need to update my credit card details so I can still able to subscribe my plan. 

notpleased

How many others lost their plan or some features of their plan because of this clusterf#$k. They expect us to be loyal to them, but they don't care about us in return. To try to seek out help is confusing at best.  I'm sick of having to jump thru hoops whenever there are issues. Cell plans in Canada are a scam controlled by 3 monopolies. Their spinoffs are just set up to appear like there is lots of competition, but this is just to keep the feds off their back. Arrrrrrrg

on2wheels
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@J_PM @Tiana_V any update on this? The problem still exists. My visa is not accepted. My plan was suspended today for no reason, my visa was still valid.

edit May 29: I was able to enter my Visa card info once again. Tomorrow is payment day, we'll see how that goes.

Esskp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What happened to the add funds button I was able to add more funds to my account with my bank info on there and now the add funds is gone?

on2wheels

This is not resolved. My new perfectly fine CIBC Visa is not being accepted while my 20 year old Mastercard is.  I want all my bills going to Visa, and my phone is used for work. My Mastercard expires in September.

RavingRaven

@notpleased 

Did you get any help? Although it's unlikely you can get your legacy plan back ($40 or $50 plan?) Depending on the new plan you accidently switched to if it was "cheaper" the plan cost savings will help pay for the $15/1000 US minutes add on. The minutes do not expire until you completely consume them. Unless you talked an awful lot to your US contacts each month the add on has nearly 17 hours of voice minutes to the US.

But you can always ask customer support if they can return you to your old plan but I highly doubt it?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

notpleased

I had to get a new debit Visa bank card in December, 2023 because my card was cracked and would no longer scan. Then I got the 611 sms from Public Mobile saying payment failed. I logged in to my account on PM and made several attempts to change my card info. I kept failing over and over. I rebooted my cell phone and my laptop to clear out the cache memory. I logged back to my PM account. It showed I no longer had a plan. So I browsed through the plans and add ons. I somehow updated my card info and made a payment or added funds, can"t recall now. But when I looked at the plans that were available, I saw several  that appeared to be a lot cheaper than mine with more data, so I browsed through tyhem to see the details. I ended up clicking on a plan but then couldn't back out it. I wasn't aware that I had actually changed my plan. I closed the web page, reopened and logged in to my account but it was still in the middle of changing my plan. I backed out after I discovered that I would lose my Unlimited Canada US calling anytime. So how can I get that plan back? I've been a loyal customer for several years. I do not ever use but a small amount of the monthly data on my plan, so when it said my plan was invalid I merely browsed the other plans. I had no idea that I got tricked into a different plan and lost my unlimited Canada US calling. Please help.

RaminBeik

MY account is suspended I was unable to pay with VISA. It didn't go throught

Lute

Please do contact the Customer Support Agents.  I was locked out of my account due to a problem with inputting my credit card information.  I spoke with Gaby who got it all straight.  Now everything is working fine and dandy.  My evaluation of Public Mobil is now back up to love it --- by far the cheapest service that meets my very limited needs at $15 per month + sometimes (hint hint) they give bonuses especially around Christmas time.  Everyone stay safe and have a joyous Christmas and a great New Year.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It's definitely not a Bank issue, everyone is having this issue when the Cards work everywhere else. 

It's been a serious 'Ongoing' issue since the maintenance on December 1st.

JeffPedersen

Lies, this is crap. I have lost communication for a week between remote isolated small villages as PM has blamed the bank. Pre authorized payments has been problem free for years until the unfaithful day incomplete causing chaos and proliferating trouble without a voice to resolve or service to connect!. 

now an overpriced voucher charging taxes twice has arranged a different service and price and these disruptive jump off requests for more wasted time and comments ... 

ec55

Best to send a private message to CS_agent to ask for help - use the email icon on the top right of this page. They can look into the details of the problems you are having and fix them for you. In my case, it turned out not to be an issue with my credit card but rather a glitch in the PM system. Good luck.

KrisNeedsHelp

Tried multiple cards as well. Been having an issue with it accepting my visa debit all summer so I’ve been having to go get gift cards which worked successfully until today. 

A49DE665-F1A6-4604-802A-06596B58FB26.png

@Priority Sorry you're still experiencing issues. Please check DM for my message requesting more information to support the teams investigation thank you. 

Priority

I've tried Multiple Cards as well being Visa, Mastercard, Koho.. still no success here! 😪

They we're cards that worked before as well, so I don't understand what's going on..

Davidwf

I had to use a different card. Would not take my visa - tried so many times. Did a debit visa (different card) and it worked. Still not a solution because that’s not the card we wanted to use. 

Priority

Still not Resolved!!!

Can we please get this worked on so I can finally update my Credit Card before the renewal date?

It's been asking me to 'Try again Later' for days with no success at all...

Screenshot_20231214_161807_Public Mobile.jpg

Davidwf

This is not fixed and this is not a solution. Phone services have been cut off because I cannot enter correct my credit card info. This is horrible and there’s no way to contact someone to resolve this. The issue is not fixed I have been trying for THREE days to update my card and reconnect my phone. 

ec55

Best to send a private message to CS_agent to ask for help - use the email icon on the top right of this page. They can look into the details of the problems you are having and fix them for you. In my case, it turned out not to be an issue with my credit card but rather a glitch in the PM system. Good luck.

ScottMackenzie

You can also update by changing or edit by saying you’re adding funds, once you update you just don’t continue with payment and it’s updated

kkfcforus

just copy and paste the codes of telus method payment... plz this thing is giving me headache..... 

kkfcforus

idk still doesnt work after all ur instructions.... get a better coder or programmer at ur end... u will lose alot of costumers. have a nice day!!!

ec55

Momomomomo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Am I going to lose service on my phone? 

Mosnau

Agreed! Still unable to update banking information.

NicLu

Ne fonctionne pas encore pour moi de lundi 11 dec.

ec55

did you fix your problem? I need to get PM to use my credit card on file, which they have done successfully for 2 years and now can't. All info is up to date

ec55

how do i get hold of Gaby? I need help TODAY

ec55

I have this problem today, Dec. 11. All credit card information is up to date yet PM won't process payment and says my services are on hold. PLEASE HELP someone. The chatbot doesn't help. 

Tanita18

I just want to share that I have been trying to update the expiry/3 digit code to my new unexpired card. I tried for two weeks and nothing would update. I ended up just putting in a completely different card and it finally worked. 

Need Help? Let's chat.