cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot update my credit card particulars

Jo31
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My credit card expires the end of the month and I need to update my payment information.  However, tried more than once using the "manage "manage subscription" and then "manage payment method".  The website message coming up is that it cannot be done.  Tried to get advice from the chatbot, but it tells me Visit the 'Payments' section a choose 'Update Card Information" but there is no "Update card information" button anywhere.  What to do?

9 REPLIES 9

Jo31

I hate all these apps on my phone which I know I will never use, because I prefer to do everything on my computer, but it seems I will have to download this one just to update my card information.

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jo31 It sounds like you have been trying to change credit card info through the website. Have you tried using the Public Mobile app to make the change? I had success changing credit card info for 2 different accounts recently using the app.

Jo31

Hehe, I dont have too many credit cards.... One is enough for me.  So everything stays the same except the expiry date.  (But obviously I input the number etc etc again to update.)  

HI @Jo31 

did you try another card? and you sure the postal code is correct? same as what is on the credit card?

try also using the app.  But make sure you grant Location permission to it first. 

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jo31  ok, I have the same options under payments, mange payment methods. 

not sure why it's not working for you. Clear cache and try again.  Here is the direct link

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/manage-card

Jo31

Hi,  Been trying a couple of days...  Service is still ongoing and will only stop end of the month when the card on file expires.  I thought i was being pro-active here..!

Jo31

Yes, I saw that button, but i do not want to buy or pay immediately, I just want to update my existing credit card information so that a valid card is on file when the next payment is due end of July.  If I use that button, it seems that funds will be taken immediately.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jo31  yes, many has problems trying to update cc info.

Try this link.

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/funds/card

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

so many complains on update credit card

wait an hour and try again, if still fails to update, you need to get a voucher to resume the service first and come back and upate the card in couple days

Need Help? Let's chat.