Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] Issues Updating Credit Cards

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi Community,

We’re aware of an issue impacting some customers which is preventing them from updating their credit card details in My Account. Our team is actively investigating the issue. 

If you are experiencing this issue please submit a ticket to our Customer Support Agents here or by messaging CS_Agent. 

We will provide more updates as we have them. 

-- Update as of December 3, 5:23pm ET --

This issue is still ongoing. In the meantime, if you need to update your payment information please follow these details: 

• Aviod updating your credit/debit card unless necessary (i.e. your renewal date is upcoming and card is expired)
  • If possible, top up with a voucher. Vouchers can be purchased at various retail locations or online via third-party sites (note that some sites may charge additional fees)
  • If you cannot use a voucher, please reach out to a Customer Support Agent here or by messaging CS_Agent for assistance

-- Update as of December 3, 7:33pm ET --

This issue has been resolved and payments & card updates should no longer be imapcted. If you are still experiencing issues with your card please note these details:

• Log out of your account and relog in before updating your card
  • If you attempted to update the same card multiple times please try again tomorrow or today with a different card as there is a daily limit on update attempts for security purposes. 
  • Make sure that your credit card postal code matches your phone number's area code
  • As always, please be sure that you are inputting the correct card details

Thanks, 

The Public Mobile Team

69 REPLIES 69

The issue has been resolved now. You should be able to set up your father-in-law's account today. 🙂 

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes you are right @LitlLdy that this creates more work for support reps and unnecessary delays and frustration for customers needing to remove their cards from their account. 

@statusquo wrote:

I hope Public mobile will also be fixing the problem of customers not being able to remove their payment cards without having to make such requests through customer support reps soon too @J_PM.

@statusquo , I agree! I don’t know why they took that option away from us! It just causes more work for CS_Agents due to they are the only ones allowed to remove Customers payment cards & more unnecessary wait time for Customers to get a response back from them to get it done!

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I hope Public mobile will also be fixing the problem of customers not being able to remove their payment cards without having to make such requests through customer support reps soon too @J_PM.

@Kelly29 

@Kelly29 wrote:

I can do that with out their SIM card ?

muckbird.com is an on-line payment method for you to top up you PM account right now rather than waiting to update your credit card info, as it appears the PM system is experiencing a temporary process upset. Once you successfully make payment, then your can get your PM service back in working order.

Once the PM techs repair the credit card issue...you can then update yours.

Kelly29
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can do that with out their SIM card ?

@Kelly29 

the PM team are working on this known issue and will have it fixed asap. In the mean time, if you need to top up right away, consider an on-line payment provider such as muskbird.com. There's others but I think muskbird charges the least for the top-up. Giv'em a try and let us know what you think..others are quite happy with them.

Lucrobi

It's not just updating that is the problem. Brand new customer also. I tried for an hour to get my father in law a new account and it wouldn't process payments... hope it's fixed by Tuesday... also, really not impressed with the speed of the new site since the revamping with the telus I'd stuff...

Kelly29

i have had no service since this morning have been trying all day to add a new card to complete my payment .. I am about to go get another provider 

Need Help? Let's chat.