Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing the $35 1.5GB Plan with a $30 2GB Plan

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community, 

On Friday, August 7, we are launching a new $30 2GB plan available for a limited time only. As a result, as of Thursday, August 6th 2020, 11:59 PM ET, the following price plan is being expired:

• $35 1.5GB Plan

If you have the $35 1.5GB plan today and want to continue with it, no action is required. However, if you switch to another plan you will not be able to switch back to the $35 1.5GB plan after August 6, 2020 as it will no longer be available.

To check out our other plans, go to publicmobile.ca/plans

Thank you for choosing Public Mobile! 

-Public Mobile Community Team

Edited to include “available for a limited time only” (Change made on August 6th 2020, 10:25AM ET)

114 REPLIES 114

@gpixel wrote:

@raulg you would end up losing out on remaining data/min if you switch early. I also suggest making a manual payment on the plan amount you want to switch too, to make the changeover seemless. just add "available funds" into your account

amount due-01~2.jpeg

only needed if he is not on AutoPay.

@raulg wrote:

That's a great plan! What would happen if I switch to this new plan next week if I just started the new billing cycle last week?

You immediately lose your current plan and payment. Instead, you can future date the change to be at the end of the current billing cycle and lock in access to the new plan.

@raulg you would end up losing out on remaining data/min if you switch early. I also suggest making a manual payment on the plan amount you want to switch too, to make the changeover seemless. just add "available funds" into your account

amount due-01~2.jpeg

raulg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That's a great plan! What would happen if I switch to this new plan next week if I just started the new billing cycle last week?

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TMS 

"As for the $35 3GB plan, we would make more of an impact to ask Lucky to introduce this plan to their lineup. Only then PM would make this plan available to us. "

Reach out to Lucky to introduce a plan... interesting idea

Hastily scribbles on a napkin to reach out to Lucky for a $10 unlimited calling plan without text or data.

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious 

Ive had my doubters in the past when encouraging members to continue to voice their opinion on what they would like to have from public mobile. Through the power of positive thinking and they say....writing it down....your goals (or wishes in this case) will come true. Time to cross it off both mine and the community's  public mobile wish list. Should i add the $35/3gb plan while im there or has someone already done that ?”

We didn’t make a difference in voicing our opinions. PM copied Lucky. 😞

edit: As for the $35 3GB plan, we would make more of an impact to ask Lucky to introduce this plan to their lineup. Only then PM would make this plan available to us. 😂 

@RossN 

Theres wishes and theres fantasies......fantasies dont come true.

Psygineer

@RossN 

I'm more curious about the Shaw "By the Gig Plan"... I can't find anywhere in the terms where you are forced to buy any data. The only thing I found is "You may purchase By The Gig Data one-time passes $10 per 1GB, valid for up to 90 days" so possibly $3.33 per 30 days or it may be truly free (I doubt it highly) if you can live without data.

@Catherine_T 

Thank you  for finally offering a $30/2gb plan....its about time!  Ive had my doubters in the past when encouraging members to continue to voice their opinion on what they would like to have from public mobile. Through the power of positive thinking and they say....writing it down....your goals (or wishes in this case) will come true. Time to cross it off both mine and the community's  public mobile wish list. Should i add the $35/3gb plan while im there or has someone already done that ?

#wts

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Catherine_T I guess that's a start now try matching this 

Shaw Mobile Launches with $45/25GB Unlimited Plan, Free Talk/Text 

Psygineer

@AE_Collector  and @TMS 

That would be lovely if that happened. Currently my pensioner parents are on the $20 Province Wide calling without data and text plan (old grandfathered plan). If the current $25 Canada Wide Talk/Text and 1 GB of data dropped in price to $20 I would switch them so fast! Heck, if that $15 Unlimited Canada Wide Talk/Text with no data plan that @mimmo mentioned was available that would be ideal! They can't see the screen well enough to surf the net on my old Lumia 650 anyway (been eyeing the Nord and Pixel 4a (or a discounted 3a to replace it).

@TMS 

Remember that the only plans that the government required providers to look at improvements to are the ones in the 2-6Gb data range. But yes, if some in that range improve logically some outside the range will see adjustments as well.

AE_Collector

TMS

@AE_Collector 

I still think they would be smart to keep $35 plan and give it 3Gb and see if that keeps more people from switching down to the improved $30 plan.”

With Canada “supposedly” to have plans reduced by 25% I can see these plans getting a bump in data instead. 

25 1 GB

30 2 Gb

35 3.5 GB

40 6 GB

50 9 GB 

@mpcontact 

That is how support works here at PM, not as good as other providers but that is what helps keep the price down.

No one gets automatically moved off a plan even if it was a far better deal than other remaining plans. You can keep it as long as you want.  And the flip side is if better plans come out that you could switch to it is up to you to make the decision and make the move. It isn’t that everyone else got more data on the same plan but you were left with less data. There may be other factors like 30 versus 90 day plans that some wont give up because you sort of have roll over data (for 90 days) with them, or 3G versus 4G. Cell plans are constantly changing because it is SO competitive. It is up to you to review your plan and compare them every so often.

AE_Collector

@mpcontact 

Public Mobile
Re: Can't make calls

Hi there,

Sorry about that! Our team was recently made aware of an outage impacting multiple carriers in Eastern Canada. Services have been restored.

Thank you for your patience!

- The Public Mobile Team

Okay...I misread ShawnC13’s previous post. I thought it was on the PM site, I missed the “All we need now” part. Sorry to get everyone excited. I guess we are just at the $30 2 Gb plan starting tomorrow.

I still think they would be smart to keep $35 plan and give it 3Gb and see if that keeps more people from switching down to the improved $30 plan.

AE_Collector

TMS

@AE_Collector 

last time I checked they did not. 😞

I look at the rewards this way, from PM, that they are compensating us for them not having a call-in Customer Service. 🙂

mpcontact

I m thinking of switching to Chatr - I have been paying public mobile for expensive plan for so long - no one had advice me till now.  funny thing is last year I had issue with my phone and I was talking to moderator - they did not even bother telling me that I am paying high with low speed - I would have change it then.

currently , I had problem with network and I send text to moderator and its been two hours , no one had reply me yet.  

getting really upset with the support 

@mpcontact chatr is also throttled LTE... try restarting your device and see if you have service

@TMS 

Do Lucky and Chatter now have $35 - 3Gb plans too? If so, I really dont mind PM following as long as they do it. In my mind those carriers dont have the rewards that PM has so I’m in the best place. Also being a 37 1/2 year employee of BC Tel / TELUS I try to avoid spending my money at the competition unless the Telus side is completely out to lunch.

AE_Collector

TMS

@AE_Collector 

“Stop the Presses!

We will potentially have a:

$25 1 Gb,

$30 2 Gb,

$35 3 Gb,

$40 5Gb,

plans by tomorrow when the $30 plan launches!? I think they are listening to me again...that’s what I (and others) have been saying for oh what..a year now? Such a logical well thought out lineup suddenly.

Fingers crossed.

AE_Collector“

I can’t see it happen. Unless someone else makes the first move. Plus Zoomer has a plan for $36 for 5GB. And they’re LTE, not 3G. 

TMS

@AE_Collector 

Hopefully! 🙂

PM, once again, has shown that they’re followers and not leaders. 

PM keeps following Lucky and Chatr. What a shame. 😞 

@gpixel 

Back up and read @ShawnC13 last post. He must have rewritten it as that isn’t what it said when I wrote my reply mentioning that I would keep the $35 and just make it a 3Gb plan. But by the time I had finished Shawns post said the $35 slot is now showing as a 3Gb plan. I’m assuming he has taken a look at the plans offered, I haven't Looked yet.

AE_Collector

@mpcontact Yes. Anyone can get this plan. Stay safe. 

@AE_Collector did you hear something about the $35/3gb plan? because I would rather have that plan then the $30/2gb

yes they can @mpcontact 

mpcontact

Can existing client will be able to get the plan ? 

Stop the Presses!

We will potentially have a:

$25 1 Gb,

$30 2 Gb,

$35 3 Gb,

$40 5Gb,

plans by tomorrow when the $30 plan launches!? I think they are listening to me again...that’s what I (and others) have been saying for oh what..a year now? Such a logical well thought out lineup suddenly.

Fingers crossed.

AE_Collector

@ShawnC13 

Were I running the place... I would have simply changed the $35 plan to having 3G of data with appropriate notices here and texts to customers and introduced a new $30 2Gb plan. Thus some people on the $35 plan may have elected to stay on the $35 plan with the increase to 3Gb rather than switching down to the new $30 2 Gb plan to compete with whoever it is that has this already.

The name of the game for PM is keeping the most $$ coming in each month. Many dont mind paying a little more to get a decent amount more data even if they dont feel they will likely use it all each month. The small $5 extra is worth it for the peace of mind. It was $10 more ($25 -> $35) for only 1/2 Gb extra than most objected to. 

@Catherine_T 

AE_Collector

Great news, now we need to see the $35 slot taken with offering 3Gb

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

fdrcamb519

@AE_Collector 

Thank you very much for your clear explanation.

Need Help? Let's chat.